Become a Patron!

PSA: Wismec RX Gen 3 510 is not fixed. Explanation and 510 pins explained

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The FACT is that @SirRichardRear used flawed reasoning to come to his conclusions.

No it can't.

We have a winner!

The fix for the resistance is a circuit design fix. Probably due to the lack of availability of a correct part or a significantly cheaper alternative that only required a firmware fix in their opinion. Likely the latter or else the same fix would not be used on multiple devices made of differing materials with far different current paths.

Use deductive reasoning to think through this problem. Would a firmware fix that adds resistance to the calculated load mask an issue involving a poor ground. That is what is being claimed here. Or would it compound the issue? Two wrongs don't make a right after all.

If you expect me to disagree with this statement, your wrong again. My disagreement is over what the issues in fact are. I agree that the Arctic Fox team discovered a fix in the factory firmware to mask a problem. I agree that said problem could cause issues and prevent the device from performing in all conditions as advertised. I agree that there are far better devices than any Joyetech, Wismec, or Eleaf product. But your theory about the root cause is utter crap. Correlation does not prove causation. And your assumed cause and effect are contradicted by the evidence that you provided in your feeble attempt to prove your theory.

Furthermore, I would assert that the Arctic Fox team has been wasting their time under the false assumption that the Joyetech, Wismec, Eleaf product lines were a good board in a bad box. It is my opinion that they are in fact an average board in an average box. And that the Arctic Fox firmware turns that average board into a bad board. Multiple reports of immediate device failure after installing the Arctic Fox firmware indicate that the resistance fix is an absolutely critical firmware component.

And the community is getting exactly what it is paying for.
It's extremely difficult to measure low resistances accurately and with stability (emi immunity) so I agree with much of what you said. Having upgraded Pico's and Evic VTC Mini's with Arctic Fox firmware without a doubt makes moderately decent boards perform better. You just have to pay attention to the live cold resistance and adjust it on ocassion for decent temp control, however you should do that with ANY device for TC, coil resistances change with use, at least my smaller 28 AWG SS does.

Read most part of the thread. It is pretty clear that @SirRichardRear doesn't have the sense of what is a theory and what is fact.
While @cascadian @Vlad1 and many others pointed out his problem, he is simply unable to keep up in mind but won't give up physically.
Thank you to all the good man who gave honest opinion and good information to the community.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Read most part of the thread. It is pretty clear that @SirRichardRear doesn't have the sense of what is a theory and what is fact.
While @cascadian @Vlad1 and many others pointed out his problem, he is simply unable to keep up in mind but won't give up physically.

This sure seems like a strange place to write your first post....
Isn't it a bit early in your tenure here to join a lynch mob?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh my fucking god, if you don't jam your tank into the 510 you won't have a problem. I have an rx200s & an rx2/3 that are a year old & besides the predator and rx300 had better 510s an I don't believe the gen 3 will be worse either.
As djlsb pointed this out who is a much better reviewer than anthony I do actyally believe this. This thread is bullshit. It's not even cos I'm a Wismec fan, he was drawing a lot of inconclusive evidence when he's barely used the fucking device.
Also in prior posts he started mentioning mechs. No one mentioned a fucking mech so why bring it up. Don't say they are the facts when you've spent 5 fucking minutes with the device!!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Oh my fucking god, if you don't jam your tank into the 510 you won't have a problem. I have an rx200s & an rx2/3 that are a year old & besides the predator and rx300 had better 510s an I don't believe the gen 3 will be worse either.
As djlsb pointed this out who is a much better reviewer than anthony I do actyally believe this. This thread is bullshit. It's not even cos I'm a Wismec fan, he was drawing a lot of inconclusive evidence when he's barely used the fucking device.
Also in prior posts he started mentioning mechs. No one mentioned a fucking mech so why bring it up. Don't say they are the facts when you've spent 5 fucking minutes with the device!!
just to be clear DJL never said that.

and while i like DJL he was wrong about things like

the captain (which BTW he made the same claim about the 510 and they went back and fixed it. pre-production models had a grounding through the case like the gen 3, he told them it was bad so the production models had a ground wire)

the alien doing good temp control that will get better with firmware (alein always has and still to this day sucks at temp control)

predator (he praised the 510 and then apologized weeks later)

IPV6 and IPV8 both were crap and he praised them

just to name a few off the top of my head.

I caught all those and heard the same BS from fans like yourself (cause face it your being a fanboy) and eventually they all came around. (minus the IPVs never had them)

I've also used the device plenty so don't make assumptions. I had it for weeks prior to posting this (august 2nd to be exact) and haven't been happy with the performance of it.

You are also ignoring the expertise of the AF devs as well so why not comment on their assessment?

I also didn't mention mechs, someone else did and I told them it's different and irrelevant to this.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
All the mods @SirRichardRear listed in his post are exactly the reason why I no longer sub DJLSB. I watch his reviews but I no longer see him as the last word on a device.
Also not sure how many of these DJL did as well but the warlock Z and cuboid tap overheat easily. The CKS icon also overheats but doesn't get physically hot. I don't think many reviewers mentioned that as well and by many none. I also trashed the solo v2. So that's mods from about 6 companies I've trashed and you can throw i the dovpo rogue as well. So for the people claiming i'm biased against wismec from some unknown reason i'd love to see the explanation of that.

Don't get me wrong, I like DJL i think he makes a good review, but even he'll tell you it's always good to get a 2nd opinion as well are all human and all can make a mistake or miss something. I do my best to catch issues other reviewers miss. as i stated before DJL never said it's not an issue, his stance was I didn't see any major issue in performance so I wasn't going to make a stink about it. He never claimed the design was good. He also said the same about the predator actually praising it and had to apologize later on.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The main problem with product reviews is that, in one way or the next, they all are biased. Which is why, usually, I try fairly hard not to put my trust in one guy's opinion. Rather, I tend to use multiple sources of information to which I apply an unsalted heavy dose of facts checking in order to eliminate fake news and eliminate pseudoscience, after which I analyze and interpret all the results solidly, until finally, I draw my own conclusions based off of actual common sense instead of religiously believing in the OP's conspiracy theory claiming practically all the other reviewers [who are also reviewing Wismec products] are getting paid by Wismec in exchange for favorable reviews. Just ask the OP if his constant knockings on Wismec are the end result of him getting paid by Smoant and or other direct competitors of the brand... the reason I don't want to ask is because obviously I prefer to just take my own educated guess at what the brutally honest answer to that question would look like─because I am a pragmatist.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do know all my wismec mods are garbage, especially the 510's which are nothing short of junk.

This sure seems like a strange place to write your first post....
Isn't it a bit early in your tenure here to join a lynch mob?
Hehehe, very funny. Come on let's make jokes on people and hug it out.
Driving people off the topic and attacking people is what you are doing and exactly what OP is trying to do.

Keeping string things up will let this misleading information get to vapers who is unguarded, I first saw OP's thread and thought maybe he could run a full test and address this situation properly, but to this point I'm so aware of who's trust worthy and who is not.

However, despite OP's terrible logic and miserable self-defending acts when questioned, his talk is still affecting some people. It's not my duty to save you from there nor am I going to argue with you.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Driving people off the topic and attacking people is what you are doing and exactly what OP is trying to do.

Keeping string things up will let this misleading information get to vapers who is unguarded, I first saw OP's thread and thought maybe he could run a full test and address this situation properly, but to this point I'm so aware of who's trust worthy and who is not.

However, despite OP's terrible logic and miserable self-defending acts when questioned, his talk is still affecting some people. It's not my duty to save you from there nor am I going to argue with you.

Nobody is attacking you creampuff... just tryin to figure out what that fish smell is.....

So lemme see if I understand you correctly...
You were just randomly surfing the web when you came upon VU...
Then you just happened upon this very thread and began reading...
And you felt so outraged by some reviewer's minor 'error' that you immediately sprang into action
and formed a logon because you felt there wasn't enough drama queenery in here already...

Here's some advice, new fake member... We don't need any more police here.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just to be clear DJL never said that.

and while i like DJL he was wrong about things like

the captain (which BTW he made the same claim about the 510 and they went back and fixed it. pre-production models had a grounding through the case like the gen 3, he told them it was bad so the production models had a ground wire)

the alien doing good temp control that will get better with firmware (alein always has and still to this day sucks at temp control)

predator (he praised the 510 and then apologized weeks later)

IPV6 and IPV8 both were crap and he praised them

just to name a few off the top of my head.

I caught all those and heard the same BS from fans like yourself (cause face it your being a fanboy) and eventually they all came around. (minus the IPVs never had them)

I've also used the device plenty so don't make assumptions. I had it for weeks prior to posting this (august 2nd to be exact) and haven't been happy with the performance of it.

You are also ignoring the expertise of the AF devs as well so why not comment on their assessment?

I also didn't mention mechs, someone else did and I told them it's different and irrelevant to this.
When you first posted this thread you'd hardly spent any time with the device, you've just called the iPV ones crap and said you've never had them.
You don't draw enough evidence in your reviews. However I didn't know djlsb had apologised for that and that I will let go

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The main problem with product reviews is that, in one way or the next, they all are biased. Which is why, usually, I try fairly hard not to put my trust in one guy's opinion. Rather, I tend to use multiple sources of information to which I apply an unsalted heavy dose of facts checking in order to eliminate fake news and eliminate pseudoscience, after which I analyze and interpret all the results solidly, until finally, I draw my own conclusions based off of actual common sense instead of religiously believing in the OP's conspiracy theory claiming practically all the other reviewers [who are also reviewing Wismec products] are getting paid by Wismec in exchange for favorable reviews. Just ask the OP if his constant knockings on Wismec are the end result of him getting paid by Smoant and or other direct competitors of the brand... the reason I don't want to ask is because obviously I prefer to just take my own educated guess at what the brutally honest answer to that question would look like─because I am a pragmatist.
That's why I actually use the mod before I even watch a review. Only reason I do watch reviews is to see people's opinions and some of the time they are wrong anyway

Nobody is attacking you creampuff... just tryin to figure out what that fish smell is.....

So lemme see if I understand you correctly...
You were just randomly surfing the web when you came upon VU...
Then you just happened upon this very thread and began reading...
And you felt so outraged by some reviewer's minor 'error' that you immediately sprang into action
and formed a logon because you felt there wasn't enough drama queenery in here already...

Here's some advice, new fake member... We don't need any more police here.
Very funny Mr. detective.
But no logic still. Try again.
:crazy:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very funny Mr. detective.
But no logic still. Try again.
:crazy:
I don't actually get what your supposed to of done wrong?? Your simply questioning the OP in the thread just as I was... I don't see anything wrong with that & if I'm to be known a Wismec fanboy so be it cos I've not had problems with any mod they've done.
I also don't get his comment saying "we have enough police here already." It doesn't make fucking sense.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anthony please just provide me some evidence, I have watched alot of your reviews. He'll I loved the nx100 review, I do tests myself so it was good to compare!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's why I actually use the mod before I even watch a review. Only reason I do watch reviews is to see people's opinions and some of the time they are wrong anyway
Same here. You want to buy a mod the 510 of which doesn't fall out? Then buy a Purge Mod.

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't actually get what your supposed to of done wrong?? Your simply questioning the OP in the thread just as I was... I don't see anything wrong with that & if I'm to be known a Wismec fanboy so be it cos I've not had problems with any mod they've done.
I also don't get his comment saying "we have enough police here already." It doesn't make fucking sense.
Thanks, and I actually registered Jan, 2017 :), about one month after I quit smoking and started vaping, but I mostly just watch. There are people who can't properly handle different opinions and will get stuck in their own world is what I think.

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, and I actually registered Jan, 2017 :), about one month after I quit smoking and started vaping, but I mostly just watch. There are people who can't properly handle different opinions and will get stuck in their own world is what I think.
Well congrats on quitting smoking! & your right everyone is allowed an opinion and I stated mine. Never had problems with wismec an know plenty more who haven't!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well congrats on quitting smoking! & your right everyone is allowed an opinion and I stated mine. Never had problems with wismec an know plenty more who haven't!
Well I also never had problems with neither my RX2/3 nor my RX300 and also know plenty more who haven't, but at the same time also know others were not so lucky. Sometimes it was just user error like, for example, spilling juice into the 510 so that the 510 pin got stuck and didn't move back up. Then, putting a very small drop of vodka on top of the 510 pin would loosen it up enough to be able to gently wiggle it back up by using the sharp tipped (curved) tweezers that come with the Coil Master Kit v3. Only sometimes, the amount of juice spilled was gargantuan so the board inside the mod literally was drowned in it and, and, as a result from that, got burned to a crisp. Or, for another example, the user screwed on an atty the 510 of which is too long so that, without adding a washer of sorts between the atty and mod, the 510 pin of the mod got pressed too far down, in which case the little vodka trick became useless. This particular example is also user error because the user manual of the mod clearly states that. But some people can't read I guess, and, despite that there ARE some vapers who can't read, myself included sometimes (sometimes often) due to too many clouds clouding my vision, the insufficient travel on the 510 pin is a limitation still nevertheless. I.e., I can see (for real) how this could very easily be a dealbreaker to many who CAN read so because Wismec was able to see it too, the travel on the pin was increased by design on the RX300 compared to older models, and increased further still on the RX Gen3.

Other times, it was not user error because the wire had simply broken off at the solder point that's on the bottom of the 510, or something like that. Now, because some (or a lot of) people don't know how to use a soldering iron without actually burning down the house... you get the picture. Same deal with the screw threads on the Predator 228, i.e. if you absolutely can't handle the JB Weld stuff or super glue without gluing your ass cheeks to the seat of your chair on accident, then there's only one valid conclusion for you: tough luck, don't buy a Wismec, go smoke some cigarettes instead or do something else, like learn how to build coils that don't have a crazy long ramp up time and that you can be happy with how they vape... (and still smoke cigarettes whilst learning how to build those coils) or just live with the crazy long ramp up time because like I said tough luck... unless you're a tootle puffer just like the OP, you're going to miss out on ArcticFox firmware and the fact you need it in wattage mode for you to be able to make sensible use of the preheat feature. Or maybe, for whatever the reason you prefer, you don't need wattage mode and you don't need preheat and you don't need a power curve to be used for preheat. That's fine. As long as you don't let his lordship the OP mess with your decision of what works for you vs. what doesn't. That's because one thing's perfectly for sure: his pseudoscience doesn't work.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I also never had problems with neither my RX2/3 nor my RX300 and also know plenty more who haven't, but at the same time also know others were not so lucky. Sometimes it was just user error like, for example, spilling juice into the 510 so that the 510 pin got stuck and didn't move back up. Then, putting a very small drop of vodka on top of the 510 pin would loosen it up enough to be able to gently wiggle it back up by using the sharp tipped (curved) tweezers that come with the Coil Master Kit v3. Only sometimes, the amount of juice spilled was gargantuan so the board inside the mod literally was drowned in it and, and, as a result from that, got burned to a crisp. Or, for another example, the user screwed on an atty the 510 of which is too long so that, without adding a washer of sorts between the atty and mod, the 510 pin of the mod got pressed too far down, in which case the little vodka trick became useless. This particular example is also user error because the user manual of the mod clearly states that. But some people can't read I guess, and, despite that there ARE some vapers who can't read, myself included sometimes (sometimes often) due to too many clouds clouding my vision, the insufficient travel on the 510 pin is a limitation still nevertheless. I.e., I can see (for real) how this could very easily be a dealbreaker to many who CAN read so because Wismec was able to see it too, the travel on the pin was increased by design on the RX300 compared to older models, and increased further still on the RX Gen3.

Other times, it was not user error because the wire had simply broken off at the solder point that's on the bottom of the 510, or something like that. Now, because some (or a lot of) people don't know how to use a soldering iron without actually burning down the house... you get the picture. Same deal with the screw threads on the Predator 228, i.e. if you absolutely can't handle the JB Weld stuff or super glue without gluing your ass cheeks to the seat of your chair on accident, then there's only one valid conclusion for you: tough luck, don't buy a Wismec, go smoke some cigarettes instead or do something else, like learn how to build coils that don't have a crazy long ramp up time and that you can be happy with how they vape... (and still smoke cigarettes whilst learning how to build those coils) or just live with the crazy long ramp up time because like I said tough luck... unless you're a tootle puffer just like the OP, you're going to miss out on ArcticFox firmware and the fact you need it in wattage mode for you to be able to make sensible use of the preheat feature. Or maybe, for whatever the reason you prefer, you don't need wattage mode and you don't need preheat and you don't need a power curve to be used for preheat. That's fine. As long as you don't let his lordship the OP mess with your decision of what works for you vs. what doesn't. That's because one thing's perfectly for sure: his pseudoscience doesn't work.
A company with mixed reviews but same can be said of any company! It will not stop me from getting another wismec mod & I really don't mind using tools if the 510 doesn't mix up but I never jammed my 510s down an I don't use leaking tanks on any of my mods. I baby my mods but also the fact is they are dirt cheap so buying another doesn't bother me.
My rx200s has been going strong for over a year an has definitely done well for me.
It's built like a brick!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I don't get paid anything from every company. I've been offered by some smaller companies (not smoant BTW) and declined it. Outside of mikevapes who doesn't take money from vendors and is adamant about it, any other big reviewer will tell you they get paid per review. now whether there is backdoor "give us a good one" we'll never know, but they do get paid per review. and no not everyone is biased, you ever think maybe they just odn't make good products? you realize i gave a good review to the pico 25 and it's the same company as wismec (wismec and eleaf are both sub brands of joyetech) because it's a good device.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do know all my wismec mods are garbage, especially the 510's which are nothing short of junk.
that's because you have a lot of experience and good devices and can tell the difference. some people in this thread own 0 regulated mods outside of wismec brands hence they can't tell

Nope never attacked anyone or tried to take it off topic. try again though

When you first posted this thread you'd hardly spent any time with the device, you've just called the iPV ones crap and said you've never had them.
You don't draw enough evidence in your reviews. However I didn't know djlsb had apologised for that and that I will let go
don't know my wording exactly but i started this after spending 2 weeks with the device. to me 2 weeks isn't much time. i know many reviewers use a mod a few days and kick out a review, i don't. all mods are minimum 3-4 weeks but more like 4-6 weeks of use. SO my "not much use" is different from others. it's not the 2 mins you claimed lol.

as far as the IPV it's all i hear on it, but notice how i said i don't own it, cause i don't lie. Everyone who i know that owned one said it was crap so i never purchased one. My reviews have plenty of evidence like i said i do this for a living, anyone who has the knowledge i have can clearly see it, case in point the AF devs.

here is the predator

mind you had DJL stopped using it after his review, this video wouldn't exist, but doesn't mean it wasn't an issue.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anthony please just provide me some evidence, I have watched alot of your reviews. He'll I loved the nx100 review, I do tests myself so it was good to compare!
the evidence is in the OP and the reddit tests and DJLs comments, it's all there but honestly all you need to do is see the pic and have a decent amount of knowledge and that's it. really i explained it for people to understand but anyone with knowledge can look at the pic from DJL video and see it clear as day. you sound like one customer i had that wanted me to prove that you can't open a radiator while the engine is running lol I told her not gonna happen i'm not scorching myself with burning hot coolant to prove to you that a radiator is under pressure. some things are so obvious they shouldn't need explanation. if you can't understand it or don't want to, not much i can do about it. enjoy your device nobody is saying you can't/ some people have higher standards and want to know this stuff and understand it before shelling out for a device. If you aren't one of those people, I'm probably not someone you should watch. stick to the "everything is awesome" reviewers there are tons of them.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get paid anything from every company. I've been offered by some smaller companies (not smoant BTW) and declined it. Outside of mikevapes who doesn't take money from vendors and is adamant about it, any other big reviewer will tell you they get paid per review. now whether there is backdoor "give us a good one" we'll never know, but they do get paid per review. and no not everyone is biased, you ever think maybe they just odn't make good products? you realize i gave a good review to the pico 25 and it's the same company as wismec (wismec and eleaf are both sub brands of joyetech) because it's a good device.

that's because you have a lot of experience and good devices and can tell the difference. some people in this thread own 0 regulated mods outside of wismec brands hence they can't tell

Nope never attacked anyone or tried to take it off topic. try again though

don't know my wording exactly but i started this after spending 2 weeks with the device. to me 2 weeks isn't much time. i know many reviewers use a mod a few days and kick out a review, i don't. all mods are minimum 3-4 weeks but more like 4-6 weeks of use. SO my "not much use" is different from others. it's not the 2 mins you claimed lol.

as far as the IPV it's all i hear on it, but notice how i said i don't own it, cause i don't lie. Everyone who i know that owned one said it was crap so i never purchased one. My reviews have plenty of evidence like i said i do this for a living, anyone who has the knowledge i have can clearly see it, case in point the AF devs.

here is the predator

mind you had DJL stopped using it after his review, this video wouldn't exist, but doesn't mean it wasn't an issue.
I know your not a money grabbing fucker like some of them are & I only said you'd only used it for a short while cos at the beginning of your post you'd said you have not used it much. I have watched many of your reviews do I know by now you do not just review something after a couple of days use.
It's annoying too when they clearly lie.
Anyway I will check out that predator review. I always like to compare as I say :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A company with mixed reviews but same can be said of any company! It will not stop me from getting another wismec mod & I really don't mind using tools if the 510 doesn't mix up but I never jammed my 510s down an I don't use leaking tanks on any of my mods. I baby my mods but also the fact is they are dirt cheap so buying another doesn't bother me.
My rx200s has been going strong for over a year an has definitely done well for me.
It's built like a brick!
Purge Mods are not cheap, and I tried to break mine so that I could then use that for an excuse to buy another. But no matter how hard I tried to break it, I still kept failing miserably... so in the end I decided to just give up and, well... bought an additional four of them, and now my mods are all working perfectly fine, but looks like my bank is a tad broken. :grumpy:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the evidence is in the OP and the reddit tests and DJLs comments, it's all there but honestly all you need to do is see the pic and have a decent amount of knowledge and that's it. really i explained it for people to understand but anyone with knowledge can look at the pic from DJL video and see it clear as day. you sound like one customer i had that wanted me to prove that you can't open a radiator while the engine is running lol I told her not gonna happen i'm not scorching myself with burning hot coolant to prove to you that a radiator is under pressure. some things are so obvious they shouldn't need explanation. if you can't understand it or don't want to, not much i can do about it. enjoy your device nobody is saying you can't/ some people have higher standards and want to know this stuff and understand it before shelling out for a device. If you aren't one of those people, I'm probably not someone you should watch. stick to the "everything is awesome" reviewers there are tons of them.
That post just seems like your up your own arse and know everything

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I know your not a money grabbing fucker like some of them are & I only said you'd only used it for a short while cos at the beginning of your post you'd said you have not used it much. I have watched many of your reviews do I know by now you do not just review something after a couple of days use.
It's annoying too when they clearly lie.
Anyway I will check out that predator review. I always like to compare as I say :)
I'm all for getting multiple opinions and multiple reviews. but like i said for me 2 weeks is not used much. not for a mod at least. for an RDA sure but a mod minimum 3-4 weeks for me to review it, but usually 4-6 weeks. It's hard to use something for 2 weeks and figure out if it can last 12 months or more. many reviewers don't even use stuff 2 weeks. i remember the zophie warlock z box one, she said she used it about a week which to me means probably like 4-5 days lol of course she didn't see the issues i seen. she also didn't take it above 60 watts. I have higher standards so my "short amount of time" is longer then most reviewers use in total before doing a review

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Only problem, you don't have that amount of knowledge. Anyone who has done decent FACTS CHECKING about what I wrote in post #68 can clearly see why you don't.
You mean it proves that you don't but feel free to keep making yourself look bad, you realize how everyone sees you right? wait never mind i know you don't

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That post just seems like your up your own arse and know everything
I never said i know everything. trust me i work with some smart fuckers some much smarter then I, but it's a specialized field that a majority of people don't know jack in. Like i said I've worked in and still do power generation / electrical construction for over a decade. I've learned enough experience to walk up to shit, look at it and know when it's bad most of the time. If i'm not sure, then i'll test it. One of the best tests to run is a megger. 90% of the time i can tell if there is a short in an ass end from symptoms (non technical term but anyone in the industry knows what you mean when you say it) but for a job that large I'll always megger it to make sure. you never know when it can be a diode instead. only once though in my 10+ years it was diode lol.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Only problem, you don't have that amount of knowledge. Anyone who has done decent FACTS CHECKING about what I wrote in post #68 can clearly see why you don't.
ok buddy, your a troll I'm not going to engage, say what you want. everyone already knows this of you.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
All I care is that my mod works as it should. My Gen 3 has held up since I got it and I've had not one problem with it. I know what is being said about the 510 but I've had no problems with mine.

If it stops working then it stops working. But I won't put down a company if their products work just fine for me.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't use TC often so for me it wouldn't be an issue the body ground would be fine and the board is gonna work vw ok with that. Certainly the 510 isn't gonna do a predator and plop out and the + and - parts are well insulated each from the other. But for TC you would really want both the + and - connected by as short and as thick as possible copper wires so that the board can read the changing resistance as accurately as possible, if the board is up to that...which it sounds like it may not be anyway. It is not an expensive device and I don't use TC much anyway so that wouldn't put me personally off of it.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never said i know everything. trust me i work with some smart fuckers some much smarter then I, but it's a specialized field that a majority of people don't know jack in. Like i said I've worked in and still do power generation / electrical construction for over a decade. I've learned enough experience to walk up to shit, look at it and know when it's bad most of the time. If i'm not sure, then i'll test it. One of the best tests to run is a megger. 90% of the time i can tell if there is a short in an ass end from symptoms (non technical term but anyone in the industry knows what you mean when you say it) but for a job that large I'll always megger it to make sure. you never know when it can be a diode instead. only once though in my 10+ years it was diode lol.
There's plenty of people who are in this field dude, they just choose not to post it & I never said your bad at what you do cos your not. It's just the way you worded things but hey maybe I misunderstood cos I do sometimes. Anyway keep up the good work :) I'm always saying shit an regretting it. Need to think before I speak sometimes!!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't use TC often so for me it wouldn't be an issue the body ground would be fine and the board is gonna work vw ok with that. Certainly the 510 isn't gonna do a predator and plop out and the + and - parts are well insulated each from the other. But for TC you would really want both the + and - connected by as short and as thick as possible copper wires so that the board can read the changing resistance as accurately as possible, if the board is up to that...which it sounds like it may not be anyway. It is not an expensive device and I don't use TC much anyway so that wouldn't put me personally off of it.
Wismec has huge problems with TC. It very annoyingly kicks you into power mode straight away. It just can't keep up but I'm very much same as yourself with that I use wattage mode or sometimes I use power curves on my nx100 but it's just preference ain't it?? But yeah would definitely not use TC on any wismec product!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
There's plenty of people who are in this field dude, they just choose not to post it & I never said your bad at what you do cos your not. It's just the way you worded things but hey maybe I misunderstood cos I do sometimes. Anyway keep up the good work :) I'm always saying shit an regretting it. Need to think before I speak sometimes!!
I don't doubt it at all, i usually tend not to either, I kinda avoided it for months when i started because I didn't want to be "that guy" but in the same sense i've also caught 2 people lying about it. I'm sure there are others in similar fields but it's also the internet so you get a bunch of people who use wikipedia to pretend they know stuff lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wismec has huge problems with TC. It very annoyingly kicks you into power mode straight away. It just can't keep up but I'm very much same as yourself with that I use wattage mode or sometimes I use power curves on my nx100 but it's just preference ain't it?? But yeah would definitely not use TC on any wismec product!
The problem is the same issues from temp control, cause poor performance in power mode as well. people tend not to notice. speaking of which i didn't see if DJL did the wyvern but did he mention that watts taper down during long puffs? becuase it does

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem is the same issues from temp control, cause poor performance in power mode as well. people tend not to notice. speaking of which i didn't see if DJL did the wyvern but did he mention that watts taper down during long puffs? becuase it does
The power mode fluctuates alot so it definitely isn't accurate! & tbh I have bad memory so I couldn't tell you

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't doubt it at all, i usually tend not to either, I kinda avoided it for months when i started because I didn't want to be "that guy" but in the same sense i've also caught 2 people lying about it. I'm sure there are others in similar fields but it's also the internet so you get a bunch of people who use wikipedia to pretend they know stuff lol
Or Google something to try an sound good, I don't get why people lie. If you don't know something you just admit it! Some guys need to man up!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The power mode fluctuates alot so it definitely isn't accurate! & tbh I have bad memory so I couldn't tell you
yup. all the ones i tested (and mind you haven't tested the gen 3 yet) don't output the same every time. no other mod I've tested does that. I think it's why a lot of prebuilt coils burn out faster

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Most people can't tell but from the wismec mods I have used I've ran tests an it cam fluctuates
thank you! i've been saying this all along but people tend to not want to believe it. also interesting i've never heard DJL mention it either and he should easily see it as i do

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Or Google something to try an sound good, I don't get why people lie. If you don't know something you just admit it! Some guys need to man up!
yup. some are even in this thread alone. it's easy to tell usually. people who do that tend to use technical terms while people in the industries use "industry terms" you won't find on wikipedia or google. Or they go on long rants about stuff that is completely irrelevant to the conversation. it's clear as day when people do that to most people

VU Sponsors