ProVari Radius

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So when are we going to get specs, release date, and price point on this device?
They (ProVape) are slowly releasing the specs.

Release date looks to be October 16th.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Excitement? Lol
You can probly expect this mod to be overrated, over priced and underpowered with alot of whistles and bells... Lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk
Yeah, nothin you'd be interested in...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And does a Great Job of creating Great Products Too.

I reckon it's what your definition of great products is..its tough but so underpowered it was useless to me ..just wasn't enough power to run anything really that was worth a damn to stay tobacco free..and after all, that's why I chose to vape in the first place.
The Radius has to have at least 60w and fire down to .2 ohm for me to even give it a second look..lol

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I reckon it's what your definition of great products is..its tough but so underpowered it was useless to me ..just wasn't enough power to run anything really that was worth a damn to stay tobacco free..and after all, that's why I chose to vape in the first place.
The Radius has to have at least 60w and fire down to .2 ohm for me to even give it a second look..lol

Well it was nice chatting with you...

Guess I'll see you around.

Jim

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it was nice chatting with you...

Guess I'll see you around.

Jim

BTW, I remember seeing @Astro Turf on ECF...is that you?
I don't belong to that forum anymore..no big deal.. So yeah, see ya!

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

consider yourself lucky you didn't try vaping when a 650mah EGO was all the rage ,or even before then

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
consider yourself lucky you didn't try vaping when a 650mah EGO was all the rage ,or even before then

I guess I was lucky, lol ..my brother tried using a 650mah spinner with a Protank Mini..it was under powered and had super tight airflow, it sucked! ..so that turned me towards looking for a mod, and it just happened to be the Provari.. Not much better than the spinner, lol

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my brother tried using a 650mah spinner with a Protank Mini..it was under powered and had super tight airflow, it sucked!

i remember when those came out,,everybody wanked about not being able to use their own tips,and being too dam airy ..look where most of them are now

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I started vaping when a 650 ego and carts were all there was. Then all of a sudden if you had a 900 mah and low res. (1.5, lol) dual coil cart............YOU WERE THE SHIT!
And Joyetech and Dekang were the epitome of it all.
I guess technically my first was a plastic tube made to look like a cigarette (not the metal one you wild children were using, lol) that was smokeless. That was back in the late eighties, lol. No smoke, no vapor. Supposedly delivered nicotine into your system by simply inhaling. Tasted nasty, but no where near as bad as it did when using it while working and inadvertently lighting it and taking large lung hit. Cigarettes didn't seem so bad after that. Thank God for the progression that's been made.

Last edited:

scotdc

Member For 4 Years
Wow, this is a tough thread - a lot venom in these posts.

Can't we just realize that not every mod is for everyone? Personally, I can't stand the whole sub-ohm firing at 150 watts myself, it just seems like there is a big loss of flavor in a trade off for clouds. Not for me. But I don't degrade the Snow Wolf for having 200 watts, I'm just not buying one.

And yes, I still crave my nicotine, and make my own juices at 18mg. I smoked two packs a day for 45 years, now I don't smoke any! Nicotine is what keeps me off the analogs, so don't hate me for needing the nicotine and preferring my Squape, Kayfun, and Erlkoenigin. I am more than happy with less than 60 watts, and Provari makes one of the best quality devices on the market. The firing button on the P3 is brilliant and butter smooth, and you can run that sucker over with your car and it will still keep on chugging.

Now they are stepping up to offer the convenience of + and - buttons to replace their pain in the ass menu system, usb charging and firmware updates, and will probably match the build quality they are known for.

For me, quality is the key. Matches my tootie puffer personality. I'm on board this train.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Can't we just realize that not every mod is for everyone? Personally, I can't stand the whole sub-ohm firing at 150 watts myself, it just seems like there is a big loss of flavor in a trade off for clouds. Not for me. But I don't degrade the Snow Wolf for having 200 watts, I'm just not buying one.

And yes, I still crave my nicotine, and make my own juices at 18mg. I smoked two packs a day for 45 years, now I don't smoke any! Nicotine is what keeps me off the analogs, so don't hate me for needing the nicotine and preferring my Squape, Kayfun, and Erlkoenigin. I am more than happy with less than 60 watts, and Provari makes one of the best quality devices on the market. The firing button on the P3 is brilliant and butter smooth, and you can run that sucker over with your car and it will still keep on chugging.

Now they are stepping up to offer the convenience of + and - buttons to replace their pain in the ass menu system, usb charging and firmware updates, and will probably match the build quality they are known for.

For me, quality is the key. Matches my tootie puffer personality. I'm on board this train.
As am I brother, as am I...

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

No one had an issue with the mod(no one knows its specs yet). More of an issue with the attitude of some people;and, the basis of that damn cartoon. You need to see what the author was trying to say- highly insulting of anyone that isn't on the same wavelength as that person.
What gets my goat even more is before that stupid cartoon I had the highest and utmost respect for the guy. Talk about a smack in the face when someone you really respected goes out of there way to for a completely classless insult.

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Who is Chanara?!?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Apparently someone else that didn't find ZEN funny.
Last I checked most people were free to express when they were insulted on a public forum. At least when I saw negative posts mone were about the mod, rather the opposite, all were complimentary about the mod. But, instead negative comments were directed to insults flown by a person who is supposed to be one who garners influence in the industry.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Now
You asked, I've answered... We can continue and let this thread degrade... Or you can let it be.
Up to you

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Apparently someone else that didn't find ZEN funny.
Last I checked most people were free to express when they were insulted on a public forum. At least when I saw negative posts mone were about the mod, rather the opposite, all were complimentary about the mod. But, instead negative comments were directed to insults flown by a person who is supposed to be one who garners influence in the industry.
I still think yer bagging on Zen is wrong and you misinterpreted the humor.

Kinda like... Ya had to be there, kinda thing.

Just my opinion, Jim

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now
You asked, I've answered... We can continue and let this thread degrade... Or you can let it be.
Up to you
All threads degrade...

Just a fact of forums.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I still think yer bagging on Zen is wrong and you misinterpreted the humor.

Kinda like... Ya had to be there, kinda thing.

Just my opinion, Jim
Or kinda like all you have to do is read the entire thread from start to finish.
It's all right there.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All threads degrade...

Just a fact of forums.
I was trying to be a nice guy and say my peace and let it be, considering this is the only place on VU anyone is talking about the radius. (would be different if I thought it would be a piece of shit, but I know it wont be)

Despite popular opinion, I'm not a total asshole.

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Or kinda like all you have to do is read the entire thread from start to finish.
It's all right there.
I have, I was there.

I guess some are just more sensitive than others.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have, I was there.

I guess some are just more sensitive than others.
All threads degrade...

Just a fact of forums.

Again it wasn't the damn cartoon, Richard Geer had hamsters.... It was the fact that this is a guy that knows most people regard him as an extremely knowledgeable guy and a brilliant creator of gear. Then to see him, tell a group of people that, at minimum, take his word as fact, give them incorrect info; then, group anyone NOT USING a lower powerd device as uneducated heathens is completely and utterly hipocrictal.
Go read the first post on the p3 thread here. I forgot who started it, but you can tell they are sick of being grouped as an elitist snob, because they use a certain mod they sound exausted with having to tell people why they use it.... Does it matter what the fuck anyone uses????? No it doesn't
That attitude people have about provape did not start because of the mod, it started because of the attitudes like what is shown in that fucking thread---and ZEN of all people is feeding it.
Now, do you see I'm not pissed about the mod? Quite the contrary, I like provape, I think there shit is flawless for what it is.....but I can't stand elitist bigotry in any form, especially when it comes from someone seen in high regard with followers and minions who hang on his every word, like he is the messiah.

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Again it wasn't the damn cartoon, Richard Geer had hamsters.... It was Tue fact that this is a guy that knows most regard him as an extremely knowledgeable guy and a brilliant creator of gear. Then to see him, tell a group of people that, at minimum, take his word as fact, give them incorrect info; then, group anyone NOT USING a lower powerd device as uneducated heathens I completely and utterly hipocrictal.
Go read the first post on the p3 thread here. I forgot who started it, but you can tell they are sick of being grouped as an elitist snob, because they use a certain mod they sound exausted with having to tell people why they use it.... Does it matter what the fuck anyone uses????? No it doesn't
That attitude people have about provape did not start because of the mod, it started because of the attitudes like what is shown in that fucking thread---AND ZEN of all people is feeding it.
Now, do you see I'm not pissed about the mod? Quite the contrary, I like provape, I think there shit is flawless for what it is.....but I can't stand elitist bigotry in any form, especially when it comes from someone seen in high regard with followers.
You are right.

We are all vapers, and snobbery should be left at the Country Clubs.

I do not think though for a moment that Zen intended any harm or foul.

Sorry you have been hurt by some snobby people.

Jim

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
so is this the new asolo thread
I hope not, that's why I said to let it be.... I've unwatched the thread twice now l, about to be three. I want people interested in this mod to have a place to go...

@AstroTurf....its all yours dude

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I too was hopeful for this mod, but the douchebaggery around the discussion has turned my stomach.
I'm not a "tootlepuffers" (for christsakes can anyone think of a more nauseating word for low power/tight draw vapers to call themselves?!), nor am I a cloud chaser. Guess I don't fit in any category except VAPER!

My hope is that the mod had a bit more than 40w, only since that is the range that I Vape now. Old I be happy with one of these? Probably. For a while at least. It will be rock solid, and with the lightweight construction, I had high hopes in bagging on for carrying around where compact/light is a plus. Here is where my dilemma would be though. This is not going to be a cheap mod-- nothing from ProVape is cheap. It would be hard for me to justify having a mod that I had to run at its highest setting all the time. This would leave me with no headroom. If it was a $99, I could look past it, but on a mod that promises to be triple that price...it's a hard pill to swallow.

BUT, all that isn't even an option now. You see post after post of those wanting higher power, and zero insult or degradation of those who like low power. Yet every fucking comment to that is some elitist bashing anyone who vapes differently than them, insult after insult....sorry I need to Vape with open airflow, which in order for that to be enjoyable, I need a bit more than 10watts. Anyone who doesn't believe me is more than welcome to have my jaw issues for one day-- then tell me how I'm just some cloud chasing punk.

The blind fanaticism, and sucking zen's dick like every word out of his flea infested bearded mouth is infallible. Sadly, before the discussion on this, I had mad respect for the man as a machinist and designer. But I'm sorry, his comments on electronics were just plain wrong! But what do I know, I'm not the holy and mighty zen. I guess over 30 years electric tropic experience doesn't count?.nor do the patents that I am listed on for *gasp* electrical products-- ones designed for SAFETY nonetheless. In fact, there is a damn good chance that one or more of the pieces of shop equipment zen or his farmed shop is using to produce his products and or prototypes are currently being protected from a device that I had a part in the design of.

But you know what, as much as I wanted to like this mod....and it as much as this mod would probably suit 90% of my vaping perfectly, I will never own it, or another ProVape product simply because I don't want to be associated with that bigoted, elitist group of sycophants.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But you know what, as much as I wanted to like this mod....and it as much as this mod would probably suit 90% of my vaping perfectly, I will never own it, or another ProVape product simply because I don't want to be associated with that bigoted, elitist group of sycophants.

that elitists superior mentality is not limited to just the provape owners , there are a lot of other clichés in the vaping world

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
that elitists superior mentality is not limited to just the provape owners , there are a lot of other clichés in the vaping world
Exactly...

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I too was hopeful for this mod, but the douchebaggery around the discussion has turned my stomach.
I'm not a "tootlepuffers" (for christsakes can anyone think of a more nauseating word for low power/tight draw vapers to call themselves?!), nor am I a cloud chaser. Guess I don't fit in any category except VAPER!

My hope is that the mod had a bit more than 40w, only since that is the range that I Vape now. Old I be happy with one of these? Probably. For a while at least. It will be rock solid, and with the lightweight construction, I had high hopes in bagging on for carrying around where compact/light is a plus. Here is where my dilemma would be though. This is not going to be a cheap mod-- nothing from ProVape is cheap. It would be hard for me to justify having a mod that I had to run at its highest setting all the time. This would leave me with no headroom. If it was a $99, I could look past it, but on a mod that promises to be triple that price...it's a hard pill to swallow.

BUT, all that isn't even an option now. You see post after post of those wanting higher power, and zero insult or degradation of those who like low power. Yet every fucking comment to that is some elitist bashing anyone who vapes differently than them, insult after insult....sorry I need to Vape with open airflow, which in order for that to be enjoyable, I need a bit more than 10watts. Anyone who doesn't believe me is more than welcome to have my jaw issues for one day-- then tell me how I'm just some cloud chasing punk.

The blind fanaticism, and sucking zen's dick like every word out of his flea infested bearded mouth is infallible. Sadly, before the discussion on this, I had mad respect for the man as a machinist and designer. But I'm sorry, his comments on electronics were just plain wrong! But what do I know, I'm not the holy and mighty zen. I guess over 30 years electric tropic experience doesn't count?.nor do the patents that I am listed on for *gasp* electrical products-- ones designed for SAFETY nonetheless. In fact, there is a damn good chance that one or more of the pieces of shop equipment zen or his farmed shop is using to produce his products and or prototypes are currently being protected from a device that I had a part in the design of.

Way Off base with this one RG...

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the move to a polycarbonate body is pretty good. These mods are getting heavier than I want in my pocket, and not having to worry about the finish wearing out fits my abusive style!.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can't believe this one slid by me. Not even gonna bother reading back through the thread because it looks like it may have got ugly. I will say this. As long as I don't need to donate a kidney I will have a Radius. Tired of all of the junk out there. No need for 100w. Or even 50w for that matter. Love my Provais. Just don't care for the tube mod form factor anymore. And yes they are a bit under-powered. If this hits at the 30w-40w range I will be good.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a fan of the look/design, or the grip body. Plus it strikes me as kinda bulky for what looks to be a one batt box.

Not sold the legendary Provape quality ends up holding up in a more complex box mod market either, at least enough to warrant the likely price tag (guessing $300ish?). I mean don't get me totally wrong, as there was a time i had and loved my provari. But that rep was essentially built in a different era, against alternative choices of non-noob friendly unregulated tubes and/or cheap ego style devices that you were lucky to get a few solid months from.

Lot has changed since then. I personally view the SX Mini as the modern day Provari, and some of the Sigelei/Yihi chip devices that can be had fairly cheap are pretty freaking solid as well imo. Outside the die hard Provari fanboys or people that tend to buy one of everything that comes out, i'll be interesting to see if Provape brings enough to the table to break back into into that tier of universal acknowledgement and/or see this box be more then a one month topic of discussion.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Last color is revealed!!!

14f58dc2bc10269f3fce8938947c584e.jpg

a12840e55dcda5ecd273c7baf7dac8ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here may be the dealbreaker for some:

What I can say at this time regarding TC is until it's been perfected we won't put it out. I've heard about a lot of negative experiences with TC and many have commented that they are tired of fiddling with it. Sometimes it works, other times it does not and everything in between.

It has not been perfected yet and until it has, we won't put our name on it just to say we have it.
Once we feel it's ready, accurate, hassle-free and a great experience, then it will be the right time.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not for me...

Unperfected technology is not where I wanna vape.

Jim

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
how can they say TC is unperfectted? does everyone like it? NO but it works the way it is suppose to if you do it right
evolve and china and others do it just fine.

most if not all tc issue are either
the mod is programmed poorly ie istick40TC
user error
or poor connections - which is the tank/rba not the mod

sounds like an excuse to me

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
how can they say TC is unperfectted? does everyone like it? NO but it works the way it is suppose to if you do it right
evolve and china and others do it just fine.

most if not all tc issue are either
the mod is programmed poorly ie istick40TC
user error
or poor connections - which is the tank/rba not the mod

sounds like an excuse to me
Or the contact coil they have been building since they watched rip trippers introduce the micro coil 3 years ago

AdamIsAWFUL

Member For 4 Years
I'm a little heart broken with the design! I can't be the only one that misses regulated tube mods. :(

I loved my first Provari and ProVape will always hold a special place in my heart, but unless this is at least 70W, I think I'll sadly be passing on this one.

VU Sponsors