Become a Patron!

Provari P3

I am having issues with it eating batteries. I am only getting about 4 hours out of a 18650 AW IMR and also tried Panasonics and sony VTC 4 same issue. Yes they are genuine batteries.

Place batteries on the charger and they are still at 3.8 so can't understand why the P3 says it is empty. The IQ is all over the place with the same batteries I can get a good/great and after an hour or so it says poor.

I am vaping at 7W so it's not like I am pushing the batteries.

Anyone else having these issues or have I got a dud? Any suggestions as to a possible fix?

Last edited:
For sure it is not the batteries I was loaned a Beta P3 and the batteries were great no issues at all. Same batteries in this unit and having many issues as above.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That vendor is usually good with warranty issues, I'd give them a call and see if you can get it looked at then

Thanks heateris :)

I have done this and it has helped some. I contacted Provape and they said that some of the springs they have been using were not strong enough and they are sending me a new one. The IQ has improved but I am still having to take out and reload the battery to get the full use from it so this sounds like this will solve the issue.

The problem is the spring. It in not strong enought for the 18650 batteries.
I have done a home made spring, stronger then the original and it works greath.
Hope it helps.

Gor

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yves, Provape made a running change in the bottom cap and spring to fix exactly the issue you are seeing. Since you have a beta unit you probably have the original design. Both the bottom cap and spring need to be changed. I'm sure Provape will send you both. Until then, stretch the existing spring to get better contact and that should help.

VU Sponsors