Become a Patron!

Procolor w/ zeus RTA Help

I am running a Smok procolor with dual 18650 batteries and a zeus RTA. I do not know what wattage I should run with the stock coils it comes with. Around 30w seems to be the sweet spot, anything higher it spits hot juice. The mod is showing .371 ohms. The RTA is a single coil. Any suggestions on what is should do or read to figure this out?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU.
Do you not like it at 30w? If not tell us what kind of wick you used. My guess is you didn't use enough wick or did not leave your tails long enough. If you can post a picture showing your wick please.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I am running a Smok procolor with dual 18650 batteries and a zeus RTA. I do not know what wattage I should run with the stock coils it comes with. Around 30w seems to be the sweet spot, anything higher it spits hot juice. The mod is showing .371 ohms. The RTA is a single coil. Any suggestions on what is should do or read to figure this out?
As @Letitia9 indicated, what kind of wick are you using. In general, spitting hot eJuice is a result of the improper wicking. If the wick is too loose, you can have air pockets. Therefore, when air (or any other material) is heated, it expands, and it needs to go somewhere. If the wick is too tight, it can result in dry hits.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Aim for the sweet spot. It doesn't matter how many watts your mod will handle, its about where you get the best vape. Basically, if you took that 30w coil and hit it at 60w, you are going to burn the wick, get a dry hit and cough up a lung.

As @Letitia9 indicated, what kind of wick are you using. In general, spitting hot eJuice is a result of the improper wicking. If the wick is too loose, you can have air pockets. Therefore, when air (or any other material) is heated, it expands, and it needs to go somewhere. If the wick is too tight, it can result in dry hits.
It is Cotton Vegan, I at one point put too much in and it choked off the wick. Dry hit and coughed like crazy. I put in less as I saw recommended and now it spits and I dont seem to get flavor at 30 watts. I put in a nice whispy piece and cut it off at each end where it meets the deck, I will build another on and post a picture if that helps.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
It is Cotton Vegan, I at one point put too much in and it choked off the wick. Dry hit and coughed like crazy. I put in less as I saw recommended and now it spits and I dont seem to get flavor at 30 watts. I put in a nice whispy piece and cut it off at each end where it meets the deck, I will build another on and post a picture if that helps.
You don't want a wispy wick. Snug is good, comb tails a bit and cut to deck or barely above.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm not familiar with cotton vegan, but looks like you need a touch more cotton in coil and thinner tails. If your juice has a higher dw (distilled water) content it will pop regardless. Trial and error with wicking is just a fact of life. Only change one factor at a time. Maybe trim a mm off your wick-then vape awhile. Easiest thing to play with first is wattage and af. You will get there. Took me a couple weeks to get my Nanos dialed in, finding the diameter of coil and placement, wicking method, etc. You will find what works for you, laugh and shake your head when you get wrong then do it over.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Here is my wick @Letitia9 I trimmed the stragglers and filled it. It is still popping above 30
Is that a twisted wire coil, or what kind of coil is it? Can't tell much by the picture.
Anyways, from what I can tell from the picture, it looks like you could need a bit more wicking/cotton.

VU Sponsors