Become a Patron!

Problems with the original aromamizer rdta.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've had the original aromamizer rdta since a little before Christmas and I still can't figure this thing out. When I wick it it either will work good but leak like crazy when left on its side or I wick it and the wick gets suffocated and gives a muted bad tasting Vape. I've watched probably 30 different videos on wicking it and coiled builds and none have fixed my problem. I've tried both verticle and horizontal coils. I've tried putting little flushed up cotton tails that site on the juice flow holes which give a good Vape but always leak when the tank olé ft on its side. I've tried stuffing larger tails and it gets very muted. The other day I thought I finally thought I had it wicked perfect but then I realized my air holes weren't lined up with the coils and when I lined then up it started leaking when left in its side. I've given this tank so many chances but it seems no matter what I do it won't work proper. The reason I'm bringing this up now is I'm really interested in the aromamizer supreme but I'm worried I'll have the same issues. Btw it's not just my tank my dad has 2 of them and he has the same issues. I'm a very experienced builder I have no issues with my griffin, mutank, goblin mini, Goliath, to name a few just this aromamizer.
Some other things I tried
Poking the wicks with a toothpick for under the juice flow holes- still leaked
Putiing an extra piece of cotton in it-semi worked but still didn't taste right
Using a higher pg juice- made it worse also not a big fan of high pg
Anyway if anyone else has any tips or if anyone knows if the supreme has the same issues please let me know. I think my dads gonna order the supreme but I'm still on the fence. Might just wait for the griffin 25 to be in stock.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That pretty much sums up the issues I had with the OG RDTA, haven't tried the supreme.

For me vertical coils helped, but that's not really a solution, and you only get wicking from the one side of the coil.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That pretty much sums up the issues I had with the OG RDTA, haven't tried the supreme.

For me vertical coils helped, but that's not really a solution, and you only get wicking from the one side of the coil.

Yea and it drives me crazy how most reviewers say how great it is.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yea and it drives me crazy how most reviewers say how great it is.
Its great maybe if you feather your wicks, keep it upright the entire time you use it (or leak your juice), and don't go crazy on the wattage. I never cared for mine personally, the 3 post deck, or the v-deck I tried later on.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've never felt it was a flavor atty. I think every other RTA I have has better flavor. At the time it came out (July), the airflow was insane. And the deck seemed huge then, too, compared to say, the Cthulhu v1. I think it spurred China into high gear though, and a slew of better tanks hit the market.

Try quad horizontals. Best flavor I've gotten from it.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never felt it was a flavor atty. I think every other RTA I have has better flavor. At the time it came out (July), the airflow was insane. And the deck seemed huge then, too, compared to say, the Cthulhu v1. I think it spurred China into high gear though, and a slew of better tanks hit the market.

Try quad horizontals. Best flavor I've gotten from it.
It's not even that I'm looking for great flavor. The muted flavor tastes bad like almost burnt flavor. Unless I wick it where it will leak on its side then it had decent flavor not the best but decent. Like I said I don't even care anymore about getting it to work, I mean it would be nice if it did but really I want to know if the supreme has the same issues because again all the reviewers are saying the supreme is great. The one even said its the best rta on the market even better than the griffin 25 and Gemini 25, but I have a real hard time trusting steamcrave because of the problems with the original aromamizer. I'd rather use the goblin mini than the aromamizer. And my griffin and mutank run circles around it imo.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just got a Supreme today so I could see how it compared to Boreas. So I'll let you know sometime tonight what I think. However, my Aromamizers always taste pretty good right after I rewick, then 2 days later they start tasting off.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got a Supreme today so I could see how it compared to Boreas. So I'll let you know sometime tonight what I think. However, my Aromamizers always taste pretty good right after I rewick, then 2 days later they start tasting off.
Thanks let me know how the boreas is too I was also looking at that as well.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok, well, the Supreme almost seems like more a smaller brother of Boreas than an equal. Everything but the diameter is smaller on the Supreme: the deck, airflow, capacity. It just burned my lip at only 60W. I think its fiddlier, too. Those dumb removable pins drove me nuts. When I went to open the jc, I started unscrewing the top, then the base before I got it open. Haven't laid it down yet though. But, since both Boreas and the Supreme have jc, if you need to lay it down, you can invert both of them to let the juice in the chamber back into the glass area, then shut the jc. That's what I would do if I was traveling with either. Not an option on the Aromamizer.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK thank you! I think I might get the boreas everything you said about it is what I want. That's the reason I was looking at.the supreme because I could close the juice flow. I like to change tanks and rda's a lot and when I would take the aromamizer off I'd try to leave it balanced on the table and inevitably it would fall over and I don't notice and then I'd have a 6 ml puddle. Its frustrating juice control was a good feature to add

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok, well, the Supreme almost seems like more a smaller brother of Boreas than an equal. Everything but the diameter is smaller on the Supreme: the deck, airflow, capacity. It just burned my lip at only 60W. I think its fiddlier, too. Those dumb removable pins drove me nuts. When I went to open the jc, I started unscrewing the top, then the base before I got it open. Haven't laid it down yet though. But, since both Boreas and the Supreme have jc, if you need to lay it down, you can invert both of them to let the juice in the chamber back into the glass area, then shut the jc. That's what I would do if I was traveling with either. Not an option on the Aromamizer.
How's it vape other than burning you? Lol.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How's it vape other than burning you? Lol.

Just fine, but I wish it had more airflow. Honestly, the Aromamizer has more.

You know what? I just compared them because I set up one of my old 'mizers again to do that, and even with 2 holes open the old 'mizer is airier. It shouldn't be, but it is. I put my coils high in the Supreme, too.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh, I know why (I think). The Aromamizer has vertical coils in it, and I went horizontal in the Supreme.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh, I know why (I think). The Aromamizer has vertical coils in it, and I went horizontal in the Supreme.
Ah. That could be part of it. I never liked vertical coils in mine, they vaped, and tasted fine at first, but after 2 days or so it'd start getting funky.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah. That could be part of it. I never liked vertical coils in mine, they vaped, and tasted fine at first, but after 2 days or so it'd start getting funky.

I agree I started with putting verticles and I had the same issue besides the leaking it would work great at first but get worse and worse after about a day. Then I switched to horizontals which worked better but still leaked. So I bought a mutank and griffin lol solved the problem. Only thing I don't like about the griffin is juice capacity that's why I was looking at the supreme.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol that's the video I was referring to when I said a reviewer said the supreme is the best rta in the market. I like his videos but I've heard the same thing about the original aromamizer so I'm skeptical about it. Only reviewers I completely trust is grimmgreen and vapingwithtwisted420 but Vapin' heathen's not bad but I also didn't agree with most of his favorites of 2015 video.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've tried watching that guy's comparison, but shut it off because he annoys me. I don't know how he gets any subscribers or views.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried watching that guy's comparison, but shut it off because he annoys me. I don't know how he gets any subscribers or views.
Yea he's definatly not my favorite reviewer. I just drilled out my aromamizer's juice holes I made them 2.5mm. So far I can't tell much difference though.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Vaping Heathen did review Boreas. I don't know if he's done the Supreme.

GrimmGreen and Twisted420 blew me off. Not sure if they accepted a Boreas from Augvape.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

GrimmGreen and Twisted420 blew me off. Not sure if they accepted a Boreas from Augvape.
Vapin Heathen did the comparison video above, so he kind of did the Supreme.

That sucks about the other two, stuck up sons a bitches. Twisted420 would like it for sure too, what a dink.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Vapin Heathen did the comparison video above, so he kind of did the Supreme.

That sucks about the other two, stuck up sons a bitches. Twisted420 would like it for sure too, what a dink.

D'oh! I've got them mixed up I guess. Vaping Heathen, Vaping Biker, VapnFagn, Vapor Chronicles, lol!

Yeah, those 2 (Twisted and Grimm) never answered me.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Try to bear in mind I go to bed at 4am these days so I can talk to Leon :)

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try to bear in mind I go to bed at 4am these days so I can talk to Leon :)
Yea that sucks they blew you off. I didn't realize you were the designer of the boreas lol. I'd imagine both Grimm and twisted420 are very busy they both have a lot of followers and I'm sure tons of people send them stuff. I'd keep asking them or send them one it would be great advertising they both get over 30,000 views for every video they do. I know watching grimms vlog that he gets back logged for months on his emails only person who gets more views then them is rip trippers and he'll probably charge you for a review lol.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yea that sucks they blew you off. I didn't realize you were the designer of the boreas lol. I'd imagine both Grimm and twisted420 are very busy they both have a lot of followers and I'm sure tons of people send them stuff. I'd keep asking them or send them one it would be great advertising they both get over 30,000 views for every video they do. I know watching grimms vlog that he gets back logged for months on his emails only person who gets more views then them is rip trippers and he'll probably charge you for a review lol.

I think its rude though to be a pest. And I don't have addresses for them to send one.

Rip did accept one with no promises of a review, but its really up his alley, so I'm hoping he will. His people have not asked me for a fee (yet), so we shall see.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
we had sent boreas to GRIMGREEN and TWISTED420 ,they accepted but not sure if they will make a review or not ..
Hopefully they do all the other reviewers seem to be reviewing it and like it. I think I'm pretty convinced now probably gonna order a boreas when I get paid on Friday. I know Grimm takes a while to review things he likes to use them for atleast a few weeks before reviewing them and probably has a lot of stuff to review.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vapin

Vapingwithtwisted420 just had the boreas in his new video called let's build some stuff in 4K! First impressions pt 3
I didn't watch the video yet but the boreas is in it. Thought you might like to know if you didn't already know lol

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Vapin

Vapingwithtwisted420 just had the boreas in his new video called let's build some stuff in 4K! First impressions pt 3
I didn't watch the video yet but the boreas is in it. Thought you might like to know if you didn't already know lol

Thanks for letting me know :)

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problem he said he likes it a lot and the best of the rta's in the video

VU Sponsors