Become a Patron!

Problems with Kanger AeroTank Mega

NYER566

Member For 4 Years
I won a Aerotank mega and I am kind of disappointed with it As I was when I bought a Nautilus. I put the Aerotank together filled it up and put it on my Vamo 5 instead of my Provari because if it leaked all over I didn't want to run my Dragon Provari. There were no leaking issues. The problem is lack of good vapor and taste. I rinsed the tank out with clean water before I used it. For some reason no matter how much I open the wholes to get better airflow i only get kind of decent air flow when I go over 8 volts which I never do because It ruins the flavor of the juice. I love the way the tank looks but if its not putting out good vapor or taste I am glad I didn't pay for it. Back to my Aspire stainless/pyrex tanks. At least I get great vapor and flavor without having to go past 4.8 volts. Anyone have any ideas how to get vapor out of this thing or is it just the way it is cuz I will throw it in the trash in a minute!

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You might just have a bum replacement head. Mine put out a ton of vapor. If you have something like 20-30 watt device, pump up those watts ;)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll buy it from you for a decent price if you end up not wanting it :)

I've been wanting to try it with the sub-ohm heads

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine started out great. After about 3 weeks, I have to do deep lung hits for a worthwhile vape. I am still on the original coil though.

biscuit the illusionist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i love my mega with the .8 ohm coils and the 1.5's i get solid vapor and good flavor, better then the old nautilus but not as good as the new nautilus mini with the BVC heads. Id try a different head cause I prefer it heavily over the old nautilus coils

NYER566

Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know if I can use other coils for the Kanger Mega tank besides the ones that came with it?

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Mega is a little too airy for me as well - even at the lowest setting. :(

The Aerotanks use dual-coils which has a longer stem. Not sure exactly what you're asking, though...

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You got bad coils, or a clone tank, with clone coils.

I've had clone coils that behaved like that. Genuine new style kanger coils don't leak, and chuck a nice warm, juicy Vape; even on my 100% VG juice, which is all I Vape.

The clone tanks seem to be fine, but it's the coils that are the problem. Buy a fresh pack of coils from a reputable kanger retailer, and enjoy your tank.

The fake coils look 100% identical! and many have even figured out how to get past the verification scratch off. Buyer beware

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know if I can use other coils for the Kanger Mega tank besides the ones that came with it?

The Mega takes upgrades and older coils for Protank 3, Aerotank etc.. New coils house internal wicks and come with 2 and 4 holes. Stock coils are usually garbage. I haven't had any that worked well so I toss them. I buy "genuine" coils only manufactured by Kanger with authenticity sticker on box verified on Kanger's site. My coils have performed very well over the years.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Make sure you're not over tightening the atomizer head to the base. When you get first sign of resistance stop. Also, be careful to not over tighten the tank to the battery connection. I learned the hard way with my Provari, fortunately Provape has exceptional customer service and warranty. I have long given it away to a friend trying to quit smoking. I like simple set ups for the budget conscious.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might just have a bum replacement head. Mine put out a ton of vapor. If you have something like 20-30 watt device, pump up those watts ;)
This. I replaced the stock coil, and now it's hitting just as good as the Nautilus - maybe even better. :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have found that the invisi wic style coils need to be replaced every 4 to 5 days, I can NOT take them over 8 watts either....I do not like these new coils, i can get good vapor production and flavor if i stay at around 7 watts with full air to it. I'm using the giant. I do want to try the sub ohm coils on it once i get an appropriate device to handle them. I bought a five pack of coils from a local BnM, white box, which I am reading a lot of peoples complaints about the white boxed coils, a lot of folks are telling me that white box coils are fakes/copycats....ugggg.

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run my mega with 1.5 ohm coils at 14 watts on my DNA. Tons of vaper, great flavor.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I don't run these over 12 watts personally. Anything above that, and I start tasting burnt silica/rubber, and the taste doesn't go away. IMO the sweet spot on these heads is 8-12 watts. Maybe I have super sensitive taste buds?

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping 30pg/70vg. I dunno pretty good for me. Difference in juices also?

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm vaping 30pg/70vg. I dunno pretty good for me. Difference in juices also?
I'm 100%VG on all my tanks, without issue.

I think guys are throwing too much wattage at these things. There's this thing called 'efficiency', and more isn't always better. These heads seem to be designed for an unregulated mod, or twist batteries. I threw mine on the Vamo V5 yesterday, cranked it to 15w, and it turned a great tasting, smooth Vape into a burnt silica/plastic nightmare. Now it's back on my 2600twist, with a new head vaping lovely.

I'm pretty sure Kanger designed these to be efficient, and work optimum at 3-5 volts, and low wattage; in order to give a nice Vape to the average vaper on a twist, OR on an unregulated single battery mechanical mod.

Just my 2c

VU Sponsors