Become a Patron!

Problem with loose pins and firing button

Stormweaver1983

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I'm relatively new to vaping and have picked up my first mod. It is a Changeling clone by Tobeco. It is working great, but I have one small issue/annoyance.

Both the brass top pin and the botton pin which connects to the button are very loose. If I tighten both down all the way, then the battery doesn't travel up enough to make contact. Right now, I've been tightening down the bottom pin and button and extending out the top pin. However, since it is very loose, I find myself having to mess with it frequently.

Since these are the contacts for the battery, I assume that using something like lok-tite is a no-no. Is there any way to secure the pins in the desired position? Or replacement pins? Or should I chalk this up to being my first mod, not knowing what to look for, and go buy something else?

Thanks in advance!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I'm relatively new to vaping and have picked up my first mod. It is a Changeling clone by Tobeco. It is working great, but I have one small issue/annoyance.

Both the brass top pin and the botton pin which connects to the button are very loose. If I tighten both down all the way, then the battery doesn't travel up enough to make contact. Right now, I've been tightening down the bottom pin and button and extending out the top pin. However, since it is very loose, I find myself having to mess with it frequently.

Since these are the contacts for the battery, I assume that using something like lok-tite is a no-no. Is there any way to secure the pins in the desired position? Or replacement pins? Or should I chalk this up to being my first mod, not knowing what to look for, and go buy something else?

Thanks in advance!
I'm not familiar with the Changeling, but I assume you do want the negative, or battery contact nice and tight. The top cap pin sounds like a typical telescoping design. You wanna back out the pins, screw your atty flush, then tighten the atty contact fairly good, making adequate contact. Then, the second pin you loosen or tighten to eliminate battery rattle.

If you knew all of that, I mean no offense, that is just basic stuff that you might not know with a first mech. Now, as far as loose pins are concerned, that's probably unfortunately a problem with that brand of clone. I have an Acerig Akuma clone that I haven't used in months, you adjust for atty and battery rattle, then when you screw the cap on, the battery just screws the pin back in, more battery rattle. It's just a POS. Other clones, and my one authentic don't have this issue. It sounds like what you're describing. Before I got more mechs I developed a technique of over extending the battery pin and tightening a bit, then loosening, repeat until flush. It sucked, and it almost got thrown at a wall numerous times. It could take up to ten minutes to set up.

Hope you figure it out, maybe someone else has better input.

VU Sponsors