Become a Patron!

Problem With Element Vape

Toy4Her

Member For 1 Year
Hi all, I just received an order from EV with a Drop RDA, Coilology 7 in 1, Coil Master Kit and Cotton Bacon. Was very excited to start building my first real RDA but when I opened the shipping pkg. was very suprised to see that the silver security tape sealing the box, which is under the sealed clear packing, was cut through on both sides. Obviously someone had gone to great lengths to repack this. Being so anxious to try my new purchase I forged ahead and tried installing a pair of Tri-Core Fused Clapton coils which are supposed to ohm out at .21 ohms only to find that they are about .17 each or .8 as a pair. Tried 2 more of them with similar results, also quickly checked the Staple coils which are rated at .34 and they measured correctly. I don't think that the coils are necessarily EV's fault but the resealed Drop RDA is pretty bogus!!!

Attachments

• P1030248.JPG
    P1030248.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 44
  • P1030252.JPG
    P1030252.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 41

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m tagging them so they see your post. You’re welcome

Last edited:

karacal

Member For 4 Years
That's odd, I've have never had an item, even the Therion I received from them today, come looking like that. Hopefully they will resolve the situation.
The coils, I wouldn't expect it but you never know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Toy4Her

Member For 1 Year
That's odd, I've have never had an item, even the Therion I received from them today, come looking like that. Hopefully they will resolve the situation.

i

Extremely odd as the clear packing was sealed and looked like original packing with "DIGIFLAVOR" in gold print all along the pull tab.

Toy4Her

Member For 1 Year
Wow, almost 3:30 Eastern time and more than enough time for at least a reply from EV but nothing!

Toy4Her

Member For 1 Year
So I emailed their Customer Service a second time and received this response,
"Thank you for reaching out to us. We only send items out in the brand-new, original condition we have received from the manufacturers and authorized dealers.
We apologize for this as we do not manufacture the product so we do not have any control in regards to the QC process. May I know if there are any sign of use on the RDA itself?"

Were I in their shoes I would be extremely concerned about this and would want to get to the bottom of it. Frankly I find this response very off putting, I bought it from them not the manufacturer so I would expect them to deal with it and not point fingers elsewhere.

karacal

Member For 4 Years
Did you see any signs of the product being used besides the retaped package?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a drop as well but not from element vape. All my seals were broke too. I thought it was weird but I haven't had any issues with mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have another one coming from another vendor. Curious to see if that one has broken seals.

Toy4Her

Member For 1 Year
Did you see any signs of the product being used besides the retaped package?

In the interest of accuracy the box wasn't re-tapped, the silver security tape was cut and this tape was was covered by the cellophane wrapper. I didn't see anything that would make me think that it had been used and since the cellophane wrap had the "DIGIFLAVOR" all along the pull tab it seems likely it came from the manufacturer that way.

Toy4Her

Member For 1 Year
I have another one coming from another vendor. Curious to see if that one has broken seals.

Thanks for the feedback, wonder if Digiflavor is selling "B" stock units? All in all very curious. Look forward to hear what you find.

karacal

Member For 4 Years
In the interest of accuracy the box wasn't re-tapped, the silver security tape was cut and this tape was was covered by the cellophane wrapper. I didn't see anything that would make me think that it had been used and since the cellophane wrap had the "DIGIFLAVOR" all along the pull tab it seems likely it came from the manufacturer that way.
It most likely did come from the manufacturer that way and they just didn't notice. I'm sure they fill dozens of orders a day and didn't even think to look.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I emailed their Customer Service a second time and received this response,
"Thank you for reaching out to us. We only send items out in the brand-new, original condition we have received from the manufacturers and authorized dealers.
We apologize for this as we do not manufacture the product so we do not have any control in regards to the QC process. May I know if there are any sign of use on the RDA itself?"

Were I in their shoes I would be extremely concerned about this and would want to get to the bottom of it. Frankly I find this response very off putting, I bought it from them not the manufacturer so I would expect them to deal with it and not point fingers elsewhere.

I kinda appreciate someone taking the time to open a box before resale, to make sure everything is included as advertised and there are no visible signs of defect. Vape stuff that's mass made can come wonky, it's good for a seller to double check, imo

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Actually I ordered it from @CrazyChef v2.0 maybe he'll check his stock.

Wow, I never noticed this. I've ordered these twice, and both lots have the metallic seals broken, but the Digiflavor plastic wrap intact. Maybe they needed to add something at the factory after they were initially boxed up? No idea.

iF9F6zE.jpg

rJK4HaA.jpg

Fe9Kj31.jpg

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Element usually replies pretty quickly. If everything is in the box and it’s working I wouldn’t worry about it. I wouldn’t worry about getting a clone or a return from them, it’s a sub $50 dripper, not the new iPhone. Use it and be merry.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My GBox came the same way... it could just happen in transit also. The Geekvape plastic was still in perfect condition. Just check your authentication code, it’ll tell you if it’s been entered before. I know there still a chance someone else didn’t input it if they did have it but it’s something that still put my mind at ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Element had offered to take the unit back or give me a $5 credit but based on the replies by Mykreign and CC, thank you both, I thanked them and told them it was unnecessary. That being said kudos to Element Vape for trying to do the right thing!

Yeah, like I said... there a really solid company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, I just received an order from EV with a Drop RDA, Coilology 7 in 1, Coil Master Kit and Cotton Bacon. Was very excited to start building my first real RDA but when I opened the shipping pkg. was very suprised to see that the silver security tape sealing the box, which is under the sealed clear packing, was cut through on both sides. Obviously someone had gone to great lengths to repack this. Being so anxious to try my new purchase I forged ahead and tried installing a pair of Tri-Core Fused Clapton coils which are supposed to ohm out at .21 ohms only to find that they are about .17 each or .8 as a pair. Tried 2 more of them with similar results, also quickly checked the Staple coils which are rated at .34 and they measured correctly. I don't think that the coils are necessarily EV's fault but the resealed Drop RDA is pretty bogus!!!

Thought I'd chime in on the stated ohms on the coils - a number of factors affect the final ohms coils will register after they are installed on a attie and fired on a mod

Toy4Her

Member For 1 Year
Thought I'd chime in on the stated ohms on the coils - a number of factors affect the final ohms coils will register after they are installed on a attie and fired on a mod
Thanks for the reply! The measurement was taken with a 521 mini so the coils were attached to the deck of the Drop. Not certain but this might ohm out too low for my Alien, just haven't checked the spec on that yet.

Element is a stand up company, I can't imagine that would be purposeful. Maybe it happened at customs, or somewhere in the mail system?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Element is a stand up company, I can't imagine that would be purposeful. Maybe it happened at customs, or somewhere in the mail system?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Knowing everything we do from the collective wisdom posted, I do not believe either issue has squat to do with Element Vape

It would be nice if they put someone on staff to answer emails that are pretty obviously not their responsibility but the buyer freaks out though

VU Sponsors