Become a Patron!

Pre-Coiled Wires

kennethk1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Saw a 100 pack of 24 AWG / 0.5mm dia. / 0.6ohm / 12*12mm leads / 8 loops at fast tech, just wondering if a 5mm dia coil would be okay for RDTAs

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't say on the sizing, but I bought a couple packs of the pre-made coils and didn't like 'em, I believe the material may be suspect rather than true A1 Kanthal - they'd gunk up quicker than homemade wires using the same juice, and you could only maybe dry fire and re-wick once before they were shot. With my coils, I can dry fire and re-wick a couple times a week and sometimes keep the same coil going for a month...with the advent of the new coil-winding tools making an already simple task foolproof, I don't bother with the pre-mades any more. My wife keeps a few in her purse in case she has some need to rebuild her RDA *right now*, but that's about all we've used them for...

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly its not hard to wrap it yourself, and it gets easyer every time. with kanthal being about 10$ for 100 feet on amazon you shouldnt be worried about wasting a little bit in the learning process

VU Sponsors