Become a Patron!

Praxis Mini X Derringer - safety

Hey All,

Been vaping a while now, this is my first 18350 setup though. I was curious about your thoughts on safety with resistance and my current batteries.

I am running MXJO / 3.7V / 10.5A / 700MAH batteries

I have done a few tests, and done my math, and it seems that for these batteries, the lowest I should go in resistance is .4ohms. Using Ohm's Law, that would put me at around 9.25A, which is still under what the battery could handle.

Any thoughts guys? Would love to hear what you think. I prefer a warmer vape so I am trying to be as low asI can without busting a hole in my face.

-Inky

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
By math alone it seems doable, but in reality an 18350 ain't designed to handle that type of draw, even ones that claim 10 amps. Be safe at .6 ohm upwards.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree, you're stressing those batteries, personally I'd go around 0.5 ohms but I'm not you. Even at 0.7ohms the Derringer isn't warm enough on a mech for me. But a 18350 really isn't designed to go that low. Just stay safe.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Zamazam Yeah, I hear ya. You meant stay safe by not dropping below 0.6, right?
Yes. The problem with that setup is that the 18350 will be putting out its max amps, not giving you much vape time. I have a 18350 tube mod that I use my genny tank on and the vape time is rather poor at lower resistances. The Derringer is probably not the best choice for an 18350 mod. I run mine at .2 Ohms on my Fuhatten with a Sony VTC5 18650.

VU Sponsors