3 core 32/42. 3.5mm ID, aliens at about .47

IMG_20180831_154604_1.jpg
3 core (2 of which are claptoned with 42) twisted 30g, 3.5mm ID, .5 ohms

IMG_20180918_111615_0.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only series box mod that I still use is the X-Vault by Surric Vapes. This is a stapled helix 32g / 8ply .3×.1 / 40g at 4mm ID, all Ni80.

stapled helix.jpg

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
How do they compare to each other, temperature wise?
The aliens are way cooler for sure. Hard to tell how they would fair in regulated (I vape them in bypass on the NC2). But, I would assume the aliens would be much more accommodating at lower voltage (below 3.7ish). I used to vape around .4 at 40-45 watts. But, I haven't vaped anything above ~.2 on a fully regulated device in a loooong time.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The only series box mod that I still use is the X-Vault by Surric Vapes. This is a stapled helix 32g / 8ply .3×.1 / 40g at 4mm ID, all Ni80.

View attachment 121468

Did stacked tubes exist in February 2016? :question:

I haven't vaped on a series configuration in a while, but I plan on making a build for it sometime

Last edited:

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

I haven't vaped on a series configuration in a while, but I plan on making a build for it sometime
This thread reminds me that I was going to build a big ol' 2 core 26g, 4mm ID, 7.5 wrap to try for series. Probably do that tonight. I'll let you know how it puffs. Though, We have massively different vape styles, so ....

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just got back into series myself. Couldn't get the Staples to work out yesterday so I did a 9wrap dual Clapton 28/40 n80

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just got back into series myself. Couldn't get the Staples to work out yesterday so I did a 9wrap dual Clapton 28/40 n80

How's the vape?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's the vape?
Alot thicker than I'm used to. Lol gets kinda hot so I'll put some extra wraps on when my new rda comes Tuesday. Then when the one I get from you get here I'll be running those

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Obviously yes, but I always thought the term "series box" was used to refer specifically to an unregulated box mod with multiple batteries in series so basically either an unregulated VV series box or an unregulated true PWM series box because else I suppose it would have simply been called "series mech" instead. With a true PWM series box such as my Surric, the power output is higher at the beginning of each puff and the speed at which it is decreasing is also highest at the beginning of the puff so it inherently preheats your coils, as that's a direct result from the voltage behavior of the batteries... similar to a mech, but different.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Alot thicker than I'm used to. Lol gets kinda hot so I'll put some extra wraps on when my new rda comes Tuesday. Then when the one I get from you get here I'll be running those

THICK clouds. Bro or sister, doesn't make a difference. :D

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for dual battery series i have a couple builds in my rotation. these builds should come in just below .4 ohms:

- 2x28ka1 fused claptons (i think 7 or 8 wraps at 3mm)
- 6x.3mm ka1 staples (same as above, 7 or 8 wraps at 3mm)
- 3x30ka1 aliens (6 or 7 3mm wraps)

i didnt specify wrap because it doesnt matter as much on series, but i usually use 38 or higher n80 or 316. these builds are all warm/hot/perfect, to me, but they might be too hot or cool for someone else. if you are gonna try these out, build them with an extra wrap on them and then you can remove it if its too cold of a vape (as opposed to making a 6 wrap and wishing you had 7 and needing to make a whole new length of wire).

dont forget to post your builds too :cheers:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't build them but some framed staples from Meg 30k frames 3x.3k 40k. .42. sweet quick warm and tasty.
fc1a7cec99ad77233e1c740a0eeb3230.jpg

VU Sponsors