Become a Patron!

Post your builds

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not a new build, but a tear-down and re-wick of my Fogger v4 with Tencel fiber.

It's the same 1 ohm DC build, I had been using cotton, but decided to try the Tencel fiber for giggles.
Used the method where ya shove big wicks in there, hold them up, put the chimney tube on and cut em and then push down towards the channels. IDK what that is called?

Used my little folded 33 gauge wire to get the stuff through the coils, then put the chimney tube on and snipped 'em level with it. Stuff is wiry as hell, but I managed to get it down in there until I didn't see any light leaks from the channels.

yeah, looks messy but she cleans up good.
NUJDDoIl.jpg

look ma, no light...
AOCfrzQl.jpg

It's working nicely so far. No leaks, good flavor.
Tencel swells to like 1.5 times it's size when wet, so I figured it would do nicely for this application. =)

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
Did this a few months ago. Was my first build with R41 wire. Wrapped around a 2mm Alan wrench. That stuff is a bugger to work with.

y4a9ata9.jpg

This was last month. My first macro coil build with 24awg NiChrome wrapped around 1/8" drill bit.

u7aqejy6.jpg

This was last week's build. 26awg NiChrome nano coil. Wrapped around a toothpick.

ygezu5up.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally got around to building my spare Aqua clone. :cool:

Dual coils wrapped around a 1.8mm screwdriver, 7 wraps each of twisted 33 gauge Kanthal A-1 for 1.1 ohms.

My Money Build.
smiley-dollar-signs.gif

Looks loose, but that'll be corrected.

u810TiSl.jpg

Yessir. All wicked up with cotton and ready to go.

dEIGRPgl.jpg

I'd bought this $8.00 black rubberized plastic Bolt mod just to mate with it for an out-of-the-house carry. With a $3 black ceramic DT and a Panny CGR18650CH in there, it's about perfect and if something happened to it...meh.

PD3XZU6l.jpg

Last edited:

BunnyAssassin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think i'm in LOVE. Just built my first genesis style tank, my usual coils. 28g kanthal, 10 wraps, dual coil .8 ohms. Cotton wick. Got some Tekquid snickers in there.... Holy flavor batman!! Fantastic vapor production at just 15 watts (perfect all day vape). I think I will be adding more genesis style tanks to my growing collection. My only complaint is its pretty hard to fill, even with the skinny tip on my bottles, it creates positive pressure in the tank. Takes some finesse to fill er up. I may pick up a blunt tip syringe to fill it in the future. Other than that, its fantastic!!

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
umuryqa7.jpg

ujemuqaq.jpg

24g comes in at .10 after some adjustments
Is that Gplat, or royal? How are you getting that low of a resistance with using something as thin as 24g and doing that many wraps? Just curious because that looks like it should be closer to 0.3 or 0.4 ohms if I were to take a guess.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's what I figured. Dual 7 wraps on a 3/32 bit usually gets me right at 0.1 or 0.09 with Gplat 24.

Izzy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
image.jpg Twisted 29 gauge 6 wrap .55 ohms, Vape Easy Guys.

Vaping PBR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
2i6dqpx.jpg

Dual Parallel 24g Single Strand 3mm .09 ohms. Going to be rewrapping it tomorrow with Dual Parallel 20g Single Strand to try to get it down under .06

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
2i6dqpx.jpg

Dual Parallel 24g Single Strand 3mm .09 ohms. Going to be rewrapping it tomorrow with Dual Parallel 20g Single Strand to try to get it down under .06

Nice looking build.

From the description of your build and the holes in your patriot I'm guessing that is a competition build and not a daily vape? That couldn't be safe to do on any regular basis. Even with batteries being able to do 60A or 70A pulsed I wouldn't be willing to try it more than once or twice.

Delivered by carrier pigeon.

Vaping PBR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice looking build.

From the description of your build and the holes in your patriot I'm guessing that is a competition build and not a daily vape? That couldn't be safe to do on any regular basis. Even with batteries being able to do 60A or 70A pulsed I wouldn't be willing to try it more than once or twice.

This is my daily vape I don't really vape anymore anything over .14 ohms the main reason is I stepped down to 0-3mg of nicotine now.

I go through about 20-30ml of juice a day though which is another downside.

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
This is my daily vape I don't really vape anymore anything over .14 ohms the main reason is I stepped down to 0-3mg of nicotine now.

I go through about 20-30ml of juice a day though which is another downside.

What's your setup? Which mod? Battery? How many batteries do you go through in a day? Do you worry about safety?

My daily is .3ohm on a Stillare or Tugboat. I started at 6mg but have moved up to 12mg because at 6mg I was going through 15-20ml of juice every day. With the 12mg I'm down to about 10ml a day. I was about a pack a day smoker.

Vaping PBR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What's your setup? Which mod? Battery? How many batteries do you go through in a day? Do you worry about safety?

My daily is .3ohm on a Stillare or Tugboat. I started at 6mg but have moved up to 12mg because at 6mg I was going through 15-20ml of juice every day. With the 12mg I'm down to about 10ml a day. I was about a pack a day smoker.

It depends I normally carry around either my GI2 or my Cartel Copper and I always carry every time I leave the house at least 10-20 batteries with me. I use the Samsung 25r 18650's.

Nothing is safe about what we do we use flashlight batteries and also batteries that were never made to sell as a single cell like we use them for for uses they were not designed for. So I feel I am as safe as someone using any mechnical mod and even regulated mod.

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
It depends I normally carry around either my GI2 or my Cartel Copper and I always carry every time I leave the house at least 10-20 batteries with me. I use the Samsung 25r 18650's.

Nothing is safe about what we do we use flashlight batteries and also batteries that were never made to sell as a single cell like we use them for for uses they were not designed for. So I feel I am as safe as someone using any mechnical mod and even regulated mod.

I like your attitude. That is something most of these young kids just don't get. Especially the kids at the shops that never smoked a day in their life but are vaping because "it looks cool"

My favourite comment was a few weeks ago at a B&M shop. I walked in to buy an RDA. They offered a free build with the purchase and asked me if I had a preference on the build. I asked for NiChrome and for it to be at .3ohm. They looked shocked and asked me "Why do you want such high ohms?" The second comment from them was "Why NiChrome?" Then one of the managers chimed in "NiChrome is all I use too. I like being able to have more surface area for the same resistance."

Kcoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
aqerune6.jpg

My first attempt at a twisted coil. 28 gauge kanthal. Didn't have a drill nearby so I held one end with pliers and twisted it with a screwdriver. Prolly not as right as with a drill but it works like a charm. 0.6 ohms with organic cotton wick on my mephisto that I received today. Vapes like a champ on my dna30 mod.

not2coolguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
9ana6u5u.jpg

Saturday morning builds!

24g kanthal 4 wrap 3/32 bit single parallel coil @ .16ohm on magma clone. My first parallel. Not sure I like it as much as twisted kanthal. Not nearly as much flavor and is eating through juice.

Twisted 28g kanthal 5 wrap 3/32 dual coil @ .34ohm on stillare clone. This is my normal setup and I usually put it on the magma. Oh the flavor!!!!

Pitbull Vapes Puppy Drool @ 6mg. I have a lot of juice, but this stuff hands down takes the cake! Can't get enough. I've vaped about 200ml in the past 2 months of just this!

rdwilliamson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
9yry9eru.jpg
dirty but simple and workn. Twisted 30 below 1 but I forget lol.
What mod do you have that on?

Looks like a altoids type one from the pic

Sent from my educated phone using tapatalk

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
9ana6u5u.jpg

Saturday morning builds!

24g kanthal 4 wrap 3/32 bit single parallel coil @ .16ohm on magma clone. My first parallel. Not sure I like it as much as twisted kanthal. Not nearly as much flavor and is eating through juice.

Twisted 28g kanthal 5 wrap 3/32 dual coil @ .34ohm on stillare clone. This is my normal setup and I usually put it on the magma. Oh the flavor!!!!

Pitbull Vapes Puppy Drool @ 6mg. I have a lot of juice, but this stuff hands down takes the cake! Can't get enough. I've vaped about 200ml in the past 2 months of just this!

Yea pitbull is the SHIT. I currently have orange dream in my Russian and pibble loops in a couple of my RDAs. Pibble loops is seriously like crack to me.

pnc81498

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This thread is showing me how dirty my wicks are. Here's my backup tonight. Again simple but a little higher resistance,vaping it @higher watts.
u3a9yjuv.jpg
hyba5ase.jpg

not2coolguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pitbull is the shit! Pricey but their sales every few months are awesome. Just stock up

Izzy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
image.jpg image.jpg Did a build on the BIG nasty with stillare, first time doing a four coil build 29/G 10 rap each, vapes pretty good, Vape Easy Guys.

Crocky

Member For 4 Years
@Slicknic how are you liking the big block? How much juice does it hold. Looks to be a deep well. Comparable to anything else? Been contemplating getting one of these.

bigblockc_zpseba95359.jpg
bigblockbb_zpsc016e129.jpg

Seven wrap, 5/64, 26g A1Kanthal vertical quad coil build with organic cotton on 454 Big Block.

bigblockaa_zps9c00e868.jpg

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Getting better and better at these center-post builds! My all day vape is getting hotter as I get more into cloud chasing, but not by much since I last posted. It does however look significantly cleaner if I do say so myself;
Coil.png
Dual 26 AWG wrapped 3/4 times around a 3/32nds drill bit in the IGO-W.
Check.png
Got a cool ghost effect on the reader because of the case in front of my phone's camera lens. Here it is all wicked up with Mandy's Melons!
Wicked.png
I'll have a post up soon of my first "cloud chasing" build!

Last edited:

Cloud79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
tupyqyva.jpg

This was a good choice for the kayfun. 28ga twisted with 6 wraps. 0.7 ohms, much flavor!

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Crocky, the Big Block RDA is still my favorite atty. It does have a deep well. I'm not sure how much it holds, but it does hold plenty.
What I can say is that it is the best machined rda I've ever had. It's a chunky thick hunk of excellence. I really like the stiff air adjustment, once set where you want it, it is not moving until you want it moved. That could be a draw back for some folks with weak hands.
I've mostly been using it in duel coil mode. I'm kind of surprised that there aren't more folks rocking them yet.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've done a few builds since I've been on vacation. I bought some "pyro wire" 24g and 22g from a local shop and turns out this stuff is just repackaged Gplat wire. So hey, since I'm sitting on a big quantity of it, might as well put it to use!
image.jpgFirst up is a simple dual Gplat24 build on my authentic patriot v1.2, sitting on the turtleship.

image.jpg Next is a single Gplat22 macro coil, on the APO clone sitting on my Pegasus.

image.jpg Last up is a rather gunky (two day old) build on my new Veritas. Just a single 28g kanthal build, came to 1.1 ohms because I wanted to use it on my vaporshark.

I'm sure there will be more to come through out the week. Nothing like blowing huge Gplat clouds off the balcony and watching the ocean breeze blow it all down the street :p

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Two more before I go to bed. I'm using my ohm meter that reads to the third decimal for these builds because they're so low.

Dual parallel Gplat24 build, on one of my patriot clones that I've drilled all to hell. Came to roughly 0.07 ohms, this wire gets low as fuuuuuck.
image.jpg

The second is another super low build on my other drilled out patriot. 20g kanthal, came to 0.08 ohms on the dot.
image.jpg

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i tried building my coils old school style last night (inspired by grimm green) and i think im hooked.. better flavor imo and clouds come so effortlessly, you should try it if you havent

macro size in diameter and 6 wraps 28 gauge. was actually much more even but i half way melted it last night right in the middle trying to dry burn some juice off lol still learning nuances on this kind of coil

IMG_0174.png

vinnyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys I just got a authentic tugboat atty. and I am getting a metallic taste when I vape. Not sure if it because I didn't clean it at all I just built my coils. Or it's something else I changed the cotton and used 2 different juices still same taste. Any help would be great. How do I clean my attys in water or rubbing alcohol? What could be the issue here. Thanks in advance.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys I just got a authentic tugboat atty. and I am getting a metallic taste when I vape. Not sure if it because I didn't clean it at all I just built my coils. Or it's something else I changed the cotton and used 2 different juices still same taste. Any help would be great. How do I clean my attys in water or rubbing alcohol? What could be the issue here. Thanks in advance.

you need to clean all attys when you get them or you may get a taste like that. go run your tap as hot as it gets and just hold your deck under it for a good 30 seconds and do the same with the other parts. if you still get that taste once you get a build in, do it again. thats my routine anyway for new attys and before every new build, some use alcohol but i dont know about all that and i know really hot water works better than good

vinnyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Awesome thanks. I have it sitting in kettle one 80 proof right now. Funny thing is I have another atty that I never cleaned and I don't get that taste. Weird. But I will clean that one also. Hopefully it works.

vinnyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thought it was my juice. I changed juice and cotton still same. Can it be the coils. It actuallyade five pawns juice gambit taste horrible.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
its not your juice, its likely machine grease residue sitting around in the chamber and you are inhaling the fumes of it.. which is why i say if you still taste it after washing, do it again and why they say wash all attys regardless if you taste anything funky. its why i use really hot water, dont want residue of anything anywhere and the heat of the water as well as the pressure coming out of the faucet does the work

vinnyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Awesome I was vaping oil that's prob not good lol.

Tanna

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
2nd successful build a dual vertical coil that came out at 1.5ohm but its chucking out clouds and the flavours crazy. Should have started learning to build ages ago
tagy8uru.jpg
gyte9ypa.jpg

Last edited:

sac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks.! I'm pretty pleased with myself too, lol. I got a wire coiling jig from amazon usually used in diy jewelry makeing. It works great for makeing tight coils especially the clapton style. I was skeptical of it at first but looks like I'll be able to have some fun with it.

sac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fires up pretty quick, I've been giving it a couple of quick pulls to bring the flavors out before I take a full pull

VU Sponsors