WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man it was just a build I did out of boredom. I rarely attempt to do builds that are meant to give an impression of any magnitude and if I ever do it’s usually because I’m SUPER bored or trying something new and I’m getting too wrapped up in it. I don’t use photoshop, I don’t use a professional camera or macro lense. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Just for me there is a kind of balance in everything I think. All you really need to get better at this point is 28g and 36 or 38 gauge. You get that fused clapton perfect and then you start working on the alien coil. Before you know it you’ll be starting with the ribbon wire and all the staple variations. I’ll always force myself to post something just to in turn retain my skill set. I made a couple of these for @St.Roostifer. Very interesting to feel the difference between Kanthal And N80. Takes a second to get used to.
View attachment 131779
Fraliens 28g .3 ribbon 4 ply 36g
Ya, I hear ya. I want to get allot more 38g and like some 24 and 26g for sure. I have some new atties and one of them has a plethora of space if yippy are doing a single coil. I think it would be pretty sweet to put, say, a 2×24g 5mm id off in that thing. And then maybe a 2x28g 2mm id for another dripper I have. A good way to practice and get a killer vapewhile I'm at it. That's where my head is at anyways. I like 38g for outer wrap. Works great for allot of builds.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Man you have some superb razorbacks. What technique do you use?
Ow, thank you so much WP. Still learning, but sometimes things goes right ;)
For this one I used a clamp, a big one. The trick is to find one with the right amount of tension. I usually pick-up the tightest one and let it open holding something for a day or two. If it still too tight I put some blue tape in the clamp. When it gets softer I take the tape off. And, when it’s too soft is already time to pick another cause the clamp is all grooved, lol.

I use a 26g for the razor decore and set the stretch according to my building core (and if a want enigmas, Mohawks or hedgehogs...).

I’ll send you a pic of the clamp tomorrow. Out of home now.

Best

Last edited:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 131826 View attachment 131828 View attachment 131829 Working too much, almost no time to build. But this Sunday i’ve founded some Time and made a coil. Little Armagedom lol

Raw, golds and purples :)

Nice builds in the last posts, btw

Best
That’s an inspiring build. I would totally want to attempt that build myself, however on top of the learning curve being that I’m not as proficient at razorbacks as I should be, I think the chance of that wire fitting into the chuck of my drill is zero.zero lol. Man I wish I bought those Raymo clamps when they were still around.:giggle:

But seriously much, much respect, it’s one of the more beautiful builds I’ve seen in a long time. BTW may I ask what you used for the cores?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Question. I'm learning to build on the DPro. This is my first postless dripper. What's the best way to learn where to cut the leads to the right length. I did get it right, I measured be comparing at the side of the rda, but still got lucky LOL

On my KALI V2 i use the measuring stick that slides out of my micrometer to get the depth and then trim the leads with my coily tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
So I was talking to "The Shredder" last night, and showed him this pic. He liked it, so I figured I'd post it here. It's actually from a couple of years ago and may have already posted it back then. It's got nice aesthetics, and if I remember correctly it gave a pretty good vape, too. As much as I can appreciate the aesthetics of most of the builds are that are posted here, I really prefer a coil that has both form AND function.

The specs (I think) are 3 strands of 26g KA1, N80, and SS316L twisted together, flattened, then polished. I can't remember what the resistance ended up at.

RGbEQaz.jpg

Here's a couple other angle shots:

yu00ZS6.jpg
MwBkVvJ.jpg
kJ3s3ek.jpg

What a beauty! I’ve never seen anything like it before... how did you flatten the twisted wire? It looks flat on the outside but not on the inside...

Also that’s a beautiful build deck, are those post screws you can finger tighten? What RDA is that?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What a beauty! I’ve never seen anything like it before... how did you flatten the twisted wire? It looks flat on the outside but not on the inside...

Also that’s a beautiful build deck, are those post screws you can finger tighten? What RDA is that?

I may have been mistaken about the flattening - looks more like I just polished it without flattening first. This was about 2 years ago that I made these coils. The RDA is the Petri V2 by Dotmod.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Here’s some Kanthal dual Fraliens. It’s such a different feeling than N80. But some people don’t do well with N80 so you gotta make em Kanthal. The post office was obviously closed today but I have a gang of coils to send out tomorrow.
5665AD41-9F6D-451C-8715-D5BF3967F339.jpeg
F0466C27-F9B4-4B11-82E9-F71B2611F313.jpeg

Last edited:

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
That’s an inspiring build. I would totally want to attempt that build myself, however on top of the learning curve being that I’m not as proficient at razorbacks as I should be, I think the chance of that wire fitting into the chuck of my drill is zero.zero lol. Man I wish I bought those Raymo clamps when they were still around.:giggle:

But seriously much, much respect, it’s one of the more beautiful builds I’ve seen in a long time. BTW may I ask what you used for the cores?
[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much man, means a lot :)
I still have a long run on razors also, trying to learn everyday
It’s a 12 ply.4 and 26g frames
(Actually is 8 ply .4 and one square .4x.4)
Best ;)

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I may have been mistaken about the flattening - looks more like I just polished it without flattening first. This was about 2 years ago that I made these coils. The RDA is the Petri V2 by Dotmod.

It’s so even and clean! Did you use a dremel to polish it or a polishing wheel? I guess you’d need an ultrasonic cleaner to get all the metal dust out afterwards...

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
It’s so even and clean! Did you use a dremel to polish it or a polishing wheel? I guess you’d need an ultrasonic cleaner to get all the metal dust out afterwards...

Just twist up the 3 wires, then take that strand and wrap it around a drill bit. Then apply various grades of sandpaper and polishing paper/cloths until you get it to look the way you want it to. I start with a file, then 100 grit up to 12,000 grit.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here’s some Kanthal dual Fraliens. It’s such a different feeling than N80. But some people don’t do well with N80 so you gotta make em Kanthal. The post office was obviously closed today but I have a gang of coils to send out tomorrow.
View attachment 131881
View attachment 131882
beautiful fraliens Shred! is kanthal any more or less difficult to work with?

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
beautiful fraliens Shred! is kanthal any more or less difficult to work with?
Well I’m not really sure if one is more difficult so to speak because it’s going to be subjective to what you are used to. The biggest difference was the tension. But once I felt out the groove it wasn’t necessarily difficult it was just an adjustment. They did come out well:D. Be in the mail tomorrow.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Question. I'm learning to build on the DPro. This is my first postless dripper. What's the best way to learn where to cut the leads to the right length. I did get it right, I measured be comparing at the side of the rda, but still got lucky LOL

The easiest way I’ve found, and perhaps the least scientific, is to put one coil in to desired length and clip it. Then you lay the unclipped coil next to the one with the clipped leads and you just see where they would even up. It’s incredibly primitive, but I’ve never had any problems in terms of dual coils lighting up unevenly or anything of that sort. I prefer the feel of the way a low resistance single coil vapes. I think you get lots of vapor and lots of flavor. One of my favorite mods doesn’t have an airflow option for single coils. So I do use dual coils from time to time.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I’m not really sure if one is more difficult so to speak because it’s going to be subjective to what you are used to. The biggest difference was the tension. But once I felt out the groove it wasn’t necessarily difficult it was just an adjustment. They did come out well:D. Be in the mail tomorrow.
Awesome dude and thank you VERY much! They look fantastic!!! :cheers:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The easiest way I’ve found, and perhaps the least scientific, is to put one coil in to desired length and clip it. Then you lay the unclipped coil next to the one with the clipped leads and you just see where they would even up. It’s incredibly primitive, but I’ve never had any problems in terms of dual coils lighting up unevenly or anything of that sort. I prefer the feel of the way a low resistance single coil vapes. I think you get lots of vapor and lots of flavor. One of my favorite mods doesn’t have an airflow option for single coils. So I do use dual coils from time to time.
Thank you. Not a bad method actually. I'm doing to be building a pair of fused claptons tomorrow for it. These 4mm 24g ss coils haven't been bad, but I think that the fused claptons with bring another level of flavor. Honestly I just wanted to use this dripper and round wire coils were just quick and easy

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you. Not a bad method actually. I'm doing to be building a pair of fused claptons tomorrow for it. These 4mm 24g ss coils haven't been bad, but I think that the fused claptons with bring another level of flavor. Honestly I just wanted to use this dripper and round wire coils were just quick and easy

Please post your build! And if you wanna color it that would be super cool to see. Just wash those coils, make sure you rinse really well (I have this funny feeling that vaping dish soap could be problematic.). Then pulse it real slow so you can see the color gradually coming in. Then hold your phone close to the coil (coils), zoom in maybe 4x, and then back the camera up steadily until the photo becomes clear. You do have to hold the phone fairly still since you’re zoomed in but you can absolutely do it. Can’t wait to see your next build brother!:cheers:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please post your build! And if you wanna color it that would be super cool to see. Just wash those coils, make sure you rinse really well (I have this funny feeling that vaping dish soap could be problematic.). Then pulse it real slow so you can see the color gradually coming in. Then hold your phone close to the coil (coils), zoom in maybe 4x, and then back the camera up steadily until the photo becomes clear. You do have to hold the phone fairly still since you’re zoomed in but you can absolutely do it. Can’t wait to see your next build brother!:cheers:
I just check my shipment and it is out for delivery. I'll be building and mixing juice today :)

Will be a fun day for me. I'm really looking forward to it

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Really hope I get to see man! Also, I know you can make your own coils, but if you ever wanted to try something different like a 6 core alien or something just hit me up. I’d ship to you at zero.zero charge cause you’ve been really supportive of me and I really appreciate that so if you ever want to try something with no cost associated what so ever I got you. But still know I’m not taking anything away from you being able to make your own coils!:cheers:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really hope I get to see man! Also, I know you can make your own coils, but if you ever wanted to try something different like a 6 core alien or something just hit me up. I’d ship to you at zero.zero charge cause you’ve been really supportive of me and I really appreciate that so if you ever want to try something with no cost associated what so ever I got you. But still know I’m not taking anything away from you being able to make your own coils!:cheers:
I never thought that for a moment bro. I'll never turn down an awesome vape. One been rocking those coils you sentme last and they are amazing. I need to find a good pair for this Tugboat 24 that I got in. It's a dual post rda, but single post hole in each post. I really want to try it out though. I also have a couple of tube mods now. Trying to figure out a good build to drop in a dripper too Rick them. I love tube mods and would love to rock one. Hit me up anytime. I'm always up for an awesome vape :)

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I never thought that for a moment bro. I'll never turn down an awesome vape. One been rocking those coils you sentme last and they are amazing. I need to find a good pair for this Tugboat 24 that I got in. It's a dual post rda, but single post hole in each post. I really want to try it out though. I also have a couple of tube mods now. Trying to figure out a good build to drop in a dripper too Rick them. I love tube mods and would love to rock one. Hit me up anytime. I'm always up for an awesome vape :)

Bro it sounds like you have some room for some builds, so I’m going to hook it up. I’ll DM you when I get home and we’ll figure out how many singles and how many duals would be good and then we’ll come up with some killer builds so you can fill these RDAs up!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bro it sounds like you have some room for some builds, so I’m going to hook it up. I’ll DM you when I get home and we’ll figure out how many singles and how many duals would be good and then we’ll come up with some killer builds so you can fill these RDAs up!
Sounds like a plan. It's my day off today too so some coils for now and hopefully some juices made too. Don't have much juice making concentrates, but hopefully enough till I can get my tax return to get more. Will be a fun day after some sleep :)

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
holy shit dude that is wild! what do you call it?
I’m going to be honest with you brother I have no idea what to call it Lol. I guess it’s technically a staple staggered variation, but it’s nutty. You can only make so many standard coils before you just start Staggering/hotgluing/fusing until you get something that looks like it might wrap and then you take shots of it and hope for the best Lol.:D

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m going to be honest with you brother I have no idea what to call it Lol. I guess it’s technically a staple staggered variation, but it’s nutty. You can only make so many standard coils before you just start Staggering/hotgluing/fusing until you get something that looks like it might wrap and then you take shots of it and hope for the best Lol.:D
ha ha i love it. have you vaped it yet?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't even attempted a staggered fused clapton, much less a half stagger LOL. Eventually I'll try it.

Oh man you'll get there. I'm no great builder. Just have a few I like to vape so I stick with those. I may venture out of my comfort zone every now and then but I'll never really get any better that way

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man you'll get there. I'm no great builder. Just have a few I like to vape so I stick with those. I may venture out of my comfort zone every now and then but I'll never really get any better that way
I'll eventually get there. Wish I didn't work six days a week. I could build allot more than I do. Not NEARLY often enough.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LMFAO! Just tried making a 28*3/36 alien with the wire I have left. Somehow, I've gotten worse and not better. Cores bunched up big time but I did make a 10" stick that looked more like a linear cluster-ala-fuck, so there's that. :bingo:

Think I'll just make some simple fused Clapton's with the little I have left before I have nothing left to make them with. :giggle:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LMFAO! Just tried making a 28*3/36 alien with the wire I have left. Somehow, I've gotten worse and not better. Cores bunched up big time but I did make a 10" stick that looked more like a linear cluster-ala-fuck, so there's that. :bingo:

Think I'll just make some simple fused Clapton's with the little I have left before I have nothing left to make them with. :giggle:
Ya, I doubt that I'll go beyond making fused claptons for a long while yet LOL. I'm just proud that I've learned how to do THAT! Good teachers LOL

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya, I doubt that I'll go beyond making fused claptons for a long while yet LOL. I'm just proud that I've learned how to do THAT! Good teachers LOL

Funny thing I was having decent success making those back in December. But as winter has progressed my skills have regressed, lol.

OK, on to fused Clapton's!!!

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tons of great stuff in the last couple pages :cheers: just got a money $hot in the mail. i wanted to do a fancier build, but i ended up making a bunch of aliens instead because im running out of builds i can steal from lesser/unused atomizers and all my builds are months old :teehee:
Untitled1.jpg
shoutout to @jwill and cloudist.store :cheers:

VU Sponsors