Become a Patron!

Post your builds

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
You know I just can't help myself. I wasn't going to build today ......
Tried to see how fast I could fuse them. Did most of it at 1200 rpm (max of my drill). I'm usually slow on the drill.
28 Ni80, 38 KA1 stag,38 Ni80 fuse, 3.5mm ID, .41 ohms for series (a little low for me but it's vape-able), in the Voopoo Rune

PicsArt_10-04-08.12.11.jpg PicsArt_10-04-08.10.45.jpg PicsArt_10-04-08.08.54.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
2x28g/36g SS SFC for a friend!
230d9517ce08cc778f47b9a6b07673b6.jpg

Need to start focus stacking
8213f3d8758638a7d674426beee111d6.jpg

Tried to see how fast I could fuse them. Did most of it at 1200 rpm (max of my drill). I'm usually slow on the drill.
28 Ni80, 38 KA1 stag,38 Ni80 fuse, 3.5mm ID, .41 ohms for series (a little low for me but it's vape-able), in the Voopoo Rune

View attachment 121233 View attachment 121232 View attachment 121231

Guess my next build needs to be sfc, I really wasted time today trying twistes 31g ss430 :sad: I wish I could find some 28 or 29g man

Twisted Frame Staple? Cause that's f'n cool as F!! Might have to try one!

Very nice!

Yeah, sigh...disappointing vape, and super hard to clapton two twisted frames cleanly

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Guess my next build needs to be sfc, I really wasted time today trying twistes 31g ss430 :sad: I wish I could find some 28 or 29g man

Yeah, sigh...disappointing vape, and super hard to clapton two twisted frames cleanly

Are you out of high 20's? Or are you looking for it in SS430? Wait can you vape the 430? I thought you couldn't do anything but Kanthal.

Oh that stinks on the vape :( But it is such a cool looking build!!

VapinSteve0

Member For 1 Year
so how does that work for you??

(-: VapingSteveO :)
Yes the cotton on the outside? I'm tryin to get my RTA to have at least as good of flavor or better flavor then it has.. I've tried making couls, I've bought coils,I've tried different Cotton's, everything . I'm beginning to think it's the RTA I have a Vandy Vape triple V2 but I use 2 coils in it an have it at 50 watts.. It doesn't get no where near the type of flavor as my gf's Smok Prince Stick.. but my coils go out often when I smoke cause I smoke alot

(-: VapingSteveO :)

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Since I learned force fusing, these have been so easy for me. It’s mind blowing how much faster I can fuse these, I was going max speed in my wal mart drill at like 5-7k rpm lol. I couldn’t get good consistent staggering on my first pass before, but force fuse staggering is really precise so you can just lock in the angle and let it rip on the final fuse.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Are you out of high 20's? Or are you looking for it in SS430? Wait can you vape the 430? I thought you couldn't do anything but Kanthal.

Oh that stinks on the vape :( But it is such a cool looking build!!

Looking for it in ss430, because it's nickel free but lower resistance than kanthal (lower than 316L, even!):bliss:

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Just some of my normal builds, nothing too crazy... alien, fused clapton, staple and a staple wrapped inside a framed clapton.... then a batch of 20 aliens for a customer.
5f1fa1a5a7644648c06005fe3e851784.jpg
299df174f571db5a6743a4983c4e6cbd.jpg
f8d55a48b0de046d7c0820e65a72f52b.jpg
5c8bc858941deab939e82b9d5d3752ac.jpg
8c996ac64251d7e1fa641c3fb647d0f4.jpg
Absolutely nothing wrong with "normal" builds. Fancy and crazy are almost purely aesthetic. To some degree you can fine tune your vape experience with intricate builds. But in the end a good 3 core alien, or a fused clap, or framed staple, is a steller vape!!
Since I learned force fusing, these have been so easy for me. It’s mind blowing how much faster I can fuse these, I was going max speed in my wal mart drill at like 5-7k rpm lol. I couldn’t get good consistent staggering on my first pass before, but force fuse staggering is really precise so you can just lock in the angle and let it rip on the final fuse.
Yah I am blown away at how under appreciated force fusing for staggering is. It's not something the well known builders "teach", as an option, and I'm not sure why. I've been trying to spread the good word. **Knock knock** "Have you heard about our lord and savior the force fuse?" lmao
Looking for it in ss430, because it's nickel free but lower resistance than kanthal (lower than 316L, even!):bliss:
That's awesome that you found another alloy you can vape!!!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You think you can build the same using 316L (4) cores to ohm at .15 to .20 ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You could do 4x30 SS or 30g SS frames with 3 ply 0.3 SS ribbon to get between 0.15-0.2

3.5mm diameter, 5.5 wraps

Attachments

• PSX_20181005_181535.jpg
    PSX_20181005_181535.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 21
  • PSX_20181005_181951.jpg
    PSX_20181005_181951.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 20

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You think you can build the same using 316L (4) cores to ohm at .15 to .20 ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Stainless Steel is even lower resistance than N80 which is all I build with but if you use less plys/smaller ribbon/higher gauge frame I do suppose you could. It’s just that SS ohms really low.:eek: But @Pegleg Meg broke it down for you like a BOSS.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some baby Indented Alien coils I built for the Dead Rabbit RDA. 2x26 cores KA1, 36 Alien wrap N80.
b573aaa1125a30fa129e394f7757d4dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Really nice consistency. You have great control over the spacing of your alien Clapton there’s zero variance which I think is important for a good balanced vape. Tremendous Fraliens!

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Interlock Fralien with a number of things that make me unhappy. Bad para-clap made for loose interlocks, overstretched the decore, bad spacing. All of that is offset by the gorgeous colors! Got me a 75w daylight bulb the other day ... makes a HUUGE difference!
6 ply .3 KA!, 30g Ni80, 38g Ni80, .16 ohm dual coil, 3mm ID, Mounted in the Vandy LiT.
View attachment 121091 View attachment 121092
Great Interlock!! Very well done!

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

View attachment 121233 View attachment 121232 View attachment 121231
Just love this build for some reason. Nice color. Super clean. Prolly a great vape.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Do you alternate for resistance purposes?

It was just an experiment, works great though and looks crazy in the sunlight (like sparkly/jewel-like) - I was wondering if it would have more crevices to hold juice

Was also for slightly lower resistance, and to see how warm it was, just right for me

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I want to build some coils for a series stack. I've got some ordered from Meg but I'm impatient as f"#* so want to attempt some in my own. Largest rda I have is a goon 24. Was thinking some staple coils but my issue is I have kanthal ribbon but all my other wire is ss or n80. Just looking to get an idea of what I could fit in a 24goon before I spend the day building. Any help would be appreciated thank you

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I want to build some coils for a series stack. I've got some ordered from Meg but I'm impatient as f"#* so want to attempt some in my own. Largest rda I have is a goon 24. Was thinking some staple coils but my issue is I have kanthal ribbon but all my other wire is ss or n80. Just looking to get an idea of what I could fit in a 24goon before I spend the day building. Any help would be appreciated thank you

What are the highest gauges of n80 you have?

What size kanthal ribbon?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could do a 6 ply staple, no frames, 3mm diameter, 8 wraps, that'll be 0.43 ohms
You're awesome. I'll try that. I've been looking for larger rdas also but think it'll look stupid if I get too big on a tube. Top of the mech is 24. Want a 24 Mason or deathwish/deathtrap but can find gunmetal in stick anywhere

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Put it in the vape tool. Debating on wrap wire. It's weird. The 36wrap comes to .44. the 40g wrap comes to .43. figured thinner wrap would up the ohms. Not lower

Lower gauge wrap can increase resistance if there's enough of it, yep

40g is so tiny that current is basically unaffected by it - but it can travel through 36g enough compared to the 0.3 ribbon to raise resistance because its so long

With small cores like 0.3 ribbon or 30g I'd recommend higher gauge wrap for less spitting

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I posted it a while ago... 28/36 Ni80 SFC at 6.5 wraps 2.5mm ID and .26 ohms dual coil in the 24mm Mason V2 on the stacked XXX, it's yummy!

sfc.jpghandcheck.jpg

VU Sponsors