zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I need some of those specs. Look like they could help a lot

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

They do help a bit - just up to 3.5x magnification but that means the lenses can be about 8 inches away from your work rather than 1 inch like higher powered specs lol

- the lower powered lenses can be worn even farther away than that, havent tried them yet but I will

I feel they are useful, as well as dashing, also fairly comfortable (by Vorey on Amazon for $12)

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Now for some Wide Loads
28g Frames, 6ply .3R, .3x.3 Square Wire, 5ply .3/46g Staples, 42g Stagger and Fuse
30mm Mask RDA

3b148b273c7b7e4b00357accec07370f.jpg
03b39f95d5ee0a18ae359422257f3554.jpg
93001fc872e7eee2baa38bfaa899fcd1.jpg
b7215c3d04dbfad658e2197751f65f09.jpg
b9546b44825df1a0f7d4ef7342ee172b.jpg
7ca1075392e367bae616ec266aec6e9e.jpg
939f107fce63488792d8c9e18147b6af.jpg
cd12528701d18dc69765d8f17249c7ce.jpg
f7e07fe11909c9766089bed58f3020b6.jpg
I love this build Ray, this one in particular looks like it could be a great vape. When I see these pics “badass build” comes to mind immediately. I’m loving it.:popcorn:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Try it! If you can alien or mohawk you can do this - work around a decore gauge of 1/6th the width of the stick- then you can get regular enigmas, or the three hump things I made
I’m gonna be up all night trying to nail this build. I think technically enigmas are interlocking but I can see yours are stitched which I actually like the look of better.:coffee2:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I’m gonna be up all night trying to nail this build. I think technically enigmas are interlocking but I can see yours are stitched which I actually like the look of better.:coffee2:

Enigma is just a variation of alien, like mohawk is - stitching, interlocks, are all "add-ons" as I see them lol

BoostedTrini

Member For 4 Years
40g next to 36g fralien

View attachment 117694

Googly moogly these did not coil easily

6x.3SS+30K frames
View attachment 117695 View attachment 117696 View attachment 117697

Pre-colored

View attachment 117701
This happens when the Alien is loose on there. Happens a whole lot when you use little tension and stretch SS like you do Nichrome(or Kanthal). Go with less stretch next time and it'll coil easier than the Kanthal wrapped ones did.
P.S. For Alien Framed Staples, if you can slide the Alien wrap before you coil it...it ain't going to coil well. The wrap will be too loose to stop the ribbon from laying on their broad side.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This happens when the Alien is loose on there. Happens a whole lot when you use little tension and stretch SS like you do Nichrome(or Kanthal). Go with less stretch next time and it'll coil easier than the Kanthal wrapped ones did.
P.S. For Alien Framed Staples, if you can slide the Alien wrap before you coil it...it ain't going to coil well. The wrap will be too loose to stop the ribbon from laying on their broad side.

Ahhh yeah. I do tend to stretch to the max, plus I made 26g decores and didnt even think about making the stick width right, for the SS ones - got lucky they wrapped at all hehe

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey Meg did you use a 6:1 ratio or a 9:1 ratio for this build it looks so clean? :)

6:1 - 30g (0.255mm) decore, and stick was 7x.4+2x26 (1.5mm)

And thanks - the magic of angles and photography hide the two messups (and it didnt really coil well on the outside wraps)

Last edited:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Try it! If you can alien or mohawk you can do this - work around a decore gauge of 1/6th the width of the stick- then you can get regular enigmas, or the three hump things I made
Weird thing is I tried it both ways, neither came out well enough to post, but I noticed in small sections the 6:1 ratio only gives you one bump on each side. I think that’s an enigma. You get 3 bumps when you do a 9:1 ratio. I think that’s a hedgehog. I could see that in small sections for sure.:crazy:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Weird thing is I tried it both ways, neither came out well enough to post, but I noticed in small sections the 6:1 ratio only gives you one bump on each side. I think that’s an enigma. You get 3 bumps when you do a 9:1 ratio. I think that’s a hedgehog. I could see that in small sections for sure.:crazy:

What gauge were your cores? I could get both one bump or two bumps depending on the stretch, on one side, and either two or three on the other side, depending on stretch

Mine changed when I coiled it - I should try again and coil it the opposite side up and see

VU Sponsors