Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks so much!

They’re not too hard with a slider. I just figured out the barely-there tension alien wrap and I’m loving life lol, I was always shy about overstretching. It didn’t give me any problems, the vape gods have smiled on me lol

Here’s some 5x30 followed by 28x4
(Out of ribbon, alien fever!)
59c2f86588ee0283008c1c3cae657c69.jpg

ff0dc5ef7853ee117a321a089df53f54.jpg
Chris you've got some of the smoothest aliens/fraliens in the business!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Trying to single coil in the DPRO a different way :teehee: (don't squonk with a ssfc, it's silly - needs to be dripped on to get the benefits I believe)

DSC_0074~3.JPG

Also working out kinks with a new photo app

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was wrong, I can't vape stainless. Been waking up with a sore throat :facepalm:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Little sloppy, can't all be winners.View attachment 117040

Dual coils? :0

My builds tonight were not winners, either...I completely lost my kanthal frame of mind from spending two weeks away from any all-kanthal builds - so I made 3x.3+28g kanthal framed staples and of course, the vape is incredibly weak on my unregulated box lol

The single coils in my squonk atties are 0.5 ohms

:facepalm:

3x.3+26 SS frames, though, great vape. Just tears up my throat after a few days of it. :grumpy:

And -

Screenshot_20180801-222529~2.png

Call it craft wire...and maybe I could just vape it sparingly...? :sad:

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks so much! They’re 24g decore. I love my ktx it’s my go to everyday atty. even single coil is good on it. It’s very photogenic too, I love the +/- symbols and thumb screws.

Edit: 3mm id

I've been saving my tsuka stick (lol) for it, hope I get a chance for a good hour of concentration today to install and take pictures and stack them

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
U stacking photos? Have you found anything free to use?

I haven't stacked yet, havent gotten the time, but I have the stuff

Of course, I can get anything for free when I stop at port in my ship, like Photoshop CS6

Have to be on your gaurd at the port I stay at, though - you can get anything for free, including nasty diseases o_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Aaarrrrrgghh ;)

Aye, matey!

It's very funny to me that uTorrent comes with an option to install Avast anti-virus lol

Avast ye, scaliwag trojans!

DSC_0079~2.JPG DSC_0080~3.JPG

I rushed some framed staples today - top one shows what it looks like when it backs up on itself, normally I would stop and reverse and fix it but I was in a hurry

10x.3 28g frames/46 all kanthal because kanthal has always been kind to me

Last edited:

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
Thanks so much!

They’re not too hard with a slider. I just figured out the barely-there tension alien wrap and I’m loving life lol, I was always shy about overstretching. It didn’t give me any problems, the vape gods have smiled on me lol

Here’s some 5x30 followed by 28x4
(Out of ribbon, alien fever!)
59c2f86588ee0283008c1c3cae657c69.jpg

ff0dc5ef7853ee117a321a089df53f54.jpg
Ur killing it sparky !

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This build is better, wider diameter but one less wrap, 0.11 ohms

It's a GoonT-X :teehee: (I put the KT-X cap on my favorite Goon 1.5 deck)

DSC_0159_crop_2000x2000.JPG

DSC_0160~3.JPG

I took a bunch of these tonight and hope I finally get to stacking tomorrow

Screenshot_20180802-222133.png

Just noticed how uneven the colors are, and how one post screw is noticeably crooked

:tantrum:

These might be okay

Screenshot_20180802-232222.png

Last edited:

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

mojo21

Member For 1 Year
Couple of my new "go to" 5 core 28 g ka1 with 36 ni80 wrap aliens. Haven't had much time on the drill lately busy with work and life shit . Anyways I re read lily like the hit off these babys. Nice and smooth
d9f04ec7103b4e9652de0d10dc99134c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rad build, dude! Pitchfork is high on my to-do list once I get lots of build time again

Thanks! Next time I’m gonna take a good break before the final fuse, by the time I got to that point I was losing focus. Definitely unwrapped the stick 2-3 times lol. 36g was tricky enough, 42g like i see on my coil from @raymo2u seems crazy!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks! Next time I’m gonna take a good break before the final fuse, by the time I got to that point I was losing focus. Definitely unwrapped the stick 2-3 times lol. 36g was tricky enough, 42g like i see on my coil from @raymo2u seems crazy!

It's all hard to see, but higher gauge is easier to stagger with spacing, without terrible angles, and without rolling/collapsing the cores

You just reminded me to order some magnifying headwear, thanks!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Practice and repetition will always help, the more you stagger and fuse the easier it is to judge where to hold, how much tension to use and you can see if your fusing it right just by the way the wire looks as you pass over it; imperfections will stand out usually. After doing it for so long with trial and error it makes it easier to do fast without using magnification, Ive always had trouble using headgear or other things because it forces me to slow down and see every move Im making instead of only changing up if something goes wrong.
Don't be dissuade from using gear to help you, just dont fully rely on it for every build and try to teach yourself not to use it, that way you wont be hindering yourself to slow speeds later on as you gain more experience.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Woot finally made a pitchfork! (I think)
9d40389829165c5dbe31e13e14542db5.jpg
I think that's a great pitchfork variant. I give you tons of credit for being patient enough to attack that type of build. It's an extremely labor intensive build. I might be wrong but I believe it is a concept originally created by a German guy named Mind Forge. I've been a little busy making builds for friends and I'm running out of packaging. Do you have any idea where I can get decent packaging at a decent price?

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I made another pair of tsukas just to give to a friend cause he wanted to try them. I also wanted to finish off the rest of the .2 ribbon I bought cause it wasn't a lot and every time I looked at the .2 it bugged me cause there is nothing else I can really use it for. I think this photo came out a little better cause you can actually see the rotation of the ribbon wire clapton.IMG_1665.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think that's a great pitchfork variant. I give you tons of credit for being patient enough to attack that type of build. It's an extremely labor intensive build. I might be wrong but I believe it is a concept originally created by a German guy named Mind Forge. I've been a little busy making builds for friends and I'm running out of packaging. Do you have any idea where I can get decent packaging at a decent price?

Amazon, 5g cosmetic jars :)

I've been using 3g (3 gram) ones but wish I could had just a tiny bit more room for longer legs

https://www.amazon.com/Beauticom-Qu...etic+jar&qid=1533512896&sr=8-8&ref=mp_s_a_1_8

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got to play with my new 40g SS!
Have a second coil that's a little better, saving for later - I messed up and squooshed the wraps together on this one

Hyuuuj fralien
26g SS frames, 14x.4 kanthal ribbon
0.09 ohms, for fun, not vaping
PSX_20180806_202712.jpg

VU Sponsors