Become a Patron!

Post your builds

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
[QUOTE="VAPEROXX, post: 2206167, member: 3233”] I'm a tired, hurt, damaged old man at 42. Lmaooooo
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I feel your pain, spent 8yrs active navy, then 4 active reserve. From one vet to another, thanks brother. I’m 35 and feel 80 some days lol.

You have some skills for sure, love your work![/QUOTE]Thanks for serving brother! Served a little sea duty myself on the Kearsarge and the Nassau. And thank you for the compliments!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great work @mach1ne ! I think that build is so cool. I gotta learn how to do it cause I wanna know how it vapes! F**cking awesome to see you back!!!!
thanks buddy its nice to make a post and sorta feel 'back' :cheers: hopefully the breaks between builds will get a bit shorter lol...and yeah the half dub is a nice version of the framed staple imo. they behave a little differently in terms of ramp-up and also in 'heat'. i think its because the ribbon stack is split in two. give one a try. your ssfc is on point, the only 'new' thing in the half dub is the skip fuse passes, but its no different from any other fuse, you just need to go a bit further forward with your angles. once its in the right spot it will feel just like a 'normal' fuse...just make sure to line up the two parts perfectly before you fuse them together on the last pass :D

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Halfway done fusing this, my eyes hurt. Here’s hoping it survives lol
ff7306372798a6f72562bf97287d2573.jpg

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I haven't braved a pitchfork yet, kudos to you
I feel like doing a pitchfork could make you go cross eyed lol. If I'm gonna put that much work into a build it better be a great vape!! I dunno I guess we'll see. I'm working my way up. I'm still practicing the alien stagg I just haven't been posting the mediocre pictures. You would have thought I'd be great at the alien stagg by now :giggle:..............not so much.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I feel like doing a pitchfork could make you go cross eyed lol. If I'm gonna put that much work into a build it better be a great vape!! I dunno I guess we'll see. I'm working my way up. I'm still practicing the alien stagg I just haven't been posting the mediocre pictures. You would have thought I'd be great at the alien stagg by now :giggle:..............not so much.

I've tried to make alien staggertons at least 15 times, and I still don't have it down lol, have it better but not down pat. Maybe just 15 more tries or so and I'll have it down hah

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've tried to make alien staggertons at least 15 times, and I still don't have it down lol, have it better but not down pat. Maybe just 15 more tries or so and I'll have it down hah
When you post your attempted photos it looks pretty close I would say that you could do it. Hey maybe it's not perfect right now but that doesn't mean you don't know the build. The last alien stagg I posted it looked like my wraps were 18 miles apart. I've gotten better since but I want my next post of it to be "The One". I dunno if that's realistic but we'll find out.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks amazing, I have to give you a lot of credit, I don't know that I'd ever really have the patience to complete that build. Only time will tell but I've been building for years and I haven't even come close to thinking about it.:)

You can’t see in this pic but there’s a .3 square wire in the middle that twisted and rolled behind the other sticks. I think I get a little carried away trying to straighten my sticks sometimes and and handle them to much. I’ve noticed the more you touch your stick the more it gets crooked. (Hey oh)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Here's a not so great but pretty colors ssfc and the 7 loop vertebraid I started yesterday, have to finish orders today. :( I'm going into retirement, making coils for money isnt fun anymore (too much pressure to be perfect)

IMG_20180719_091145~2.jpg
IMG_20180719_092040~2.jpg

Last edited:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Here's a not so great but pretty colors ssfc and the 7 loop vertebraid I started yesterday, have to finish orders today. :( I'm going into retirement, making coils for money isnt fun anymore (too much pressure to be perfect)

View attachment 116029
View attachment 116028

Tired eyes meg give yourself a break get some rest :hug: , youre producing cracking coils don’t beat yourself up...maybe hold the vids and extra stuff off until you get a clearing to do them since that stuff can wait ...it’ll all be here tomorrow and the next day, YouTube ain’t going anywhere stretching yourself in lots of directions all at once hehe

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Tired eyes meg give yourself a break get some rest :hug: , youre producing cracking coils don’t beat yourself up...maybe hold the vids and extra stuff off until you get a clearing to do them since that stuff can wait ...it’ll all be here tomorrow and the next day, YouTube ain’t going anywhere stretching yourself in lots of directions all at once hehe

Thanks for the good advice lol :D

(Here's 4 more)

IMG_20180719_120712~2.jpg

:deadhorse:

My new "staggering" technique actually vacuums spherical objects, and now I can't even set up my old way right. These'll vape well, though, all those little pockets for juice to sit in

Ohhhh bright side, I didn't use a slider or clothespins at all!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks for the good advice lol :D

(Here's 4 more)

View attachment 116051

:deadhorse:

My new "staggering" technique actually vacuums spherical objects, and now I can't even set up my old way right. These'll vape well, though, all those little pockets for juice to sit in

Ohhhh bright side, I didn't use a slider or clothespins at all!

When’s the god damn video gonna come out?! :cuss2:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks. Was kinda surprised they went that well. I usually mess up and only get enough for one coil. You buy that wire wholesale?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep, yet Another tip from raymo! They only go up to 36g though (but they have .4 kanthal ribbon woot woot!) About $1 per 100ft of 36, and pretty good spools.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I just ordered a lost vape triade 250c from eciggity and I just got shipping confirmation. Thought these weren’t coming out for a while I’m stoked!

Tried to get a Mohawk the other day and got about an inch hehe
b519c46abd9048e9892053dfb208cce4.jpg

That looks like it's Square, with 4 pointy parts instead of 3 like usual mohawks; that is really super cool, how did you coil it??? I've gotten that a couple times but had no clue how to turn it into a coil!

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks like it's Square, with 4 pointy parts instead of 3 like usual mohawks; that is really super cool, how did you coil it??? I've gotten that a couple times but had no clue how to turn it into a coil!

I just grabbed it by the end and turned it tight without trying and that’s how it came out lol. I was going for three then four happened then i overstretched it

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you keep the staggered frames together with the ribbon? Mine always seems to collapse when wrapping. I glue at ath drill side then use mini clothespins to try and hold it together. Sometimes it works well sometimes it doesn't. Do you glue the swivel end

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How do you keep the staggered frames together with the ribbon? Mine always seems to collapse when wrapping. I glue at ath drill side then use mini clothespins to try and hold it together. Sometimes it works well sometimes it doesn't. Do you glue the swivel end

This time I pinched them all flat after every centimeter or so, it was very slow but I wanted them perfect. I've tried it about 6 different ways - best so far is looping the frames through a pin in the chuck, and looping through the swivel while holding tight - getting the frames equal tension, then binding and hot gluing the ribbon stack to each end, pulling on one end while the glue is still warm to get it as close to the same tension as the frames as possible. It's hard...that's why I'm still practicing a lot

It's actually much easier with 40g or higher to fuse it without the frames collapsing or the ribbon rolling

I got a ribbon slider to work with 40g stagger, but I havent gotten how to set one up on 36g staggers in a way that it'll slide across but be tight enough to be worth a damn

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This time I pinched them all flat after every centimeter or so, it was very slow but I wanted them perfect. I've tried it about 6 different ways - best so far is looping the frames through a pin in the chuck, and looping through the swivel while holding tight - getting the frames equal tension, then binding and hot gluing the ribbon stack to each end, pulling on one end while the glue is still warm to get it as close to the same tension as the frames as possible. It's hard...that's why I'm still practicing a lot

It's actually much easier with 40g or higher to fuse it without the frames collapsing or the ribbon rolling

I got a ribbon slider to work with 40g stagger, but I havent gotten how to set one up on 36g staggers in a way that it'll slide across but be tight enough to be worth a damn
I'll try that tonight. Messes me up I get all my prep work from the loop side to the end perfect it seems then I swing the stack the other direction and wrap towards the loop. I feel like if I could wrap the other way it might go better. Maybe I'll give myself some extra lead to loop the frames like you did.

VU Sponsors