Become a Patron!

Post your builds

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decided to go back to converting my 6-wrap aliens into 5-wraps when using my RR2...
Started out like this
fafdbcc7d811c6a6bcfca0eb137c7134.jpg

Pulled a half wrap out of each side of the coil
9d5c1c2bfabcd1ee77ef153916ccdaca.jpg

Dog-legged one of the legs on each coil to make sure each leg would make it to the post on this velocity styled deck
db2f3fb70f7665c2fe778f36145b9660.jpg

Then mounted them up and arranged them as best I could with this low-pro deck
65f8df28c255aa180f5d293e17cf3291.jpg

Couldn’t get much in the way of getting really good color considering I’m sitting parked in a car, lol.
Now it’s all wicked and juiced up with some @Mykreign ‘s Slap Yo Mama Banana Cream Pie that’s been steeping for many weeks...damn its good!
579bdd226ee0a3cad6c1a65c9b19ef4f.jpg

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decided to go back to converting my 6-wrap aliens into 5-wraps when using my RR2...
Started out like this
fafdbcc7d811c6a6bcfca0eb137c7134.jpg

Pulled a half wrap out of each side of the coil
9d5c1c2bfabcd1ee77ef153916ccdaca.jpg

Dog-legged one of the legs on each coil to make sure each leg would make it to the post on this velocity styled deck
db2f3fb70f7665c2fe778f36145b9660.jpg

Then mounted them up and arranged them as best I could with this low-pro deck
65f8df28c255aa180f5d293e17cf3291.jpg

Couldn’t get much in the way of getting really good color considering I’m sitting parked in a car, lol.
Now it’s all wicked and juiced up with some @Mykreign ‘s Slap Yo Mama Banana Cream Pie that’s been steeping for many weeks...damn its good!
579bdd226ee0a3cad6c1a65c9b19ef4f.jpg

I guess I've got counting wraps all wrong. I know you know your stuff but to me it looks like 3 full wraps and two half wraps. Or do you just count all as complete wraps?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Like your top pic with the 6 wraps. Is it 6 then on the top of the coil is 2 halves?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I guess I've got counting wraps all wrong. I know you know your stuff but to me it looks like 3 full wraps and two half wraps. Or do you just count all as complete wraps?

Here's an easy trick. Count the wraps on the INSIDE (leg side) then add one half wrap

So that's 4 and a half wraps, 4.5 wraps - Some people say 5/4 wraps, or 4/5 - I just say "5 wraps" because here we usually have coils with both legs on the same side, and it's simpler, unless being really technical is important

Imagine a coil with legs going opposite directions - 5 wraps on one side, 4 on the other - that's only 4 full wraps. Add another half wrap to get one leg going the same direction as the other...make sense?

I had it wrong in my head too and had to look it up and strain my brain, because I'm like screwball and just call that 5 wraps and don't worry about it lol :gaah:

Last edited:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I’ve never been a big subscriber to the over/under 4/5 or 5/6 wrap stuff...I just look at it and count from left to right from post to post. Used to confuse people when I’d post about triple strand parallel builds because I’d call it 7 wraps when it would look like 21, but I can’t count that high...not in public, at least, since counting to 21 would require bare feet and dropping my pants

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve never been a big subscriber to the over/under 4/5 or 5/6 wrap stuff...I just look at it and count from left to right from post to post. Used to confuse people when I’d post about triple strand parallel builds because I’d call it 7 wraps when it would look like 21, but I can’t count that high...not in public, at least, since counting to 21 would require bare feet and dropping my pants

Ah ok I see. I just always wonder on some coils when I make them they come out lower than vapetool said it should. I usually just make the first wrap then start counting 1 and up. Whatever works right?

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think some of you guys uses crazy wire wires like i do. Do you have any problems with them? I heard and expirienced myself that kanthal can be a bit dirty sometimes and need cleaning but with nichrome have had not a single problem. Spools could be better but the quality seems really good.

Lähetetty minun Nexus 6P laitteesta Tapatalkilla

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a regular very simple framed staple coil binded with 40g
beauty man. 40 is hard to get a feel for, but its important to do it because it will teach you how to have an easier time at 38 and lower, and prepare you for 42 and higher. lovely work :cheers:
This is the MTL build I was talking about. Only simple but it works well for me
that looks great. nice 46 as well. everyone is going so small lately :D im gonna try that out for my next mtl build. my current favorite is 32/42 n80 aliens around .7 ohms, but thats really my only good mtl build (noob). definitely into trying this one...:cheers:
Babelien 3x32/46
0.75 ohms
10x.3/46 3mm 0.15 ohms
:eek::eek::eek: holy forking sheets :slowclap: they are beautiful :sad: dat staple doe...
3x28ss 36n80 with the help of patinos alien makers. Haven't graduated to the alien yet.
holy shit dude thats some of your best work :cheers: if you can do those clean you are like two tries from aliens. keeping the cores like that is one of the two hard things about aliens and you are clearly doing that right. aliens...aliens...ALIENS...ALIENS
My second try at Mohawk
thats a very respectable second try at mowhawks :cheers: your scrap pile looks like it taught you a lot too. the gods will likely be pleased with your offering :devil:
Just a really quick test with lightbox and new macro lens... Holy shit! Just for a quick test this lens rocks!
awesome :cheers: clean build and very clean photo man.

heres a install pic of those alien staggs i made a couple days ago. been waiting to do the photoshop part of these pics until i had time to do a tutorial of the process for chefs photography thread, and i finally had time tonight.
Untitled1.jpg
still not perfect under the macro lens, but it was 'easy' feeling, so hopefully it just gets better from here (instead of hitting it once and then failing three times to hit it again lol). 28/36 all ss316 3mm 4.5 wraps .06 ohms is singing on quad parallel conversion hog v3...

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
beauty man. 40 is hard to get a feel for, but its important to do it because it will teach you how to have an easier time at 38 and lower, and prepare you for 42 and higher. lovely work :cheers:

that looks great. nice 46 as well. everyone is going so small lately :D im gonna try that out for my next mtl build. my current favorite is 32/42 n80 aliens around .7 ohms, but thats really my only good mtl build (noob). definitely into trying this one...:cheers:

:eek::eek::eek: holy forking sheets :slowclap: they are beautiful :sad: dat staple doe...

holy shit dude thats some of your best work :cheers: if you can do those clean you are like two tries from aliens. keeping the cores like that is one of the two hard things about aliens and you are clearly doing that right. aliens...aliens...ALIENS...ALIENS

thats a very respectable second try at mowhawks :cheers: your scrap pile looks like it taught you a lot too. the gods will likely be pleased with your offering :devil:

awesome :cheers: clean build and very clean photo man.

heres a install pic of those alien staggs i made a couple days ago. been waiting to do the photoshop part of these pics until i had time to do a tutorial of the process for chefs photography thread, and i finally had time tonight.
View attachment 109130
still not perfect under the macro lens, but it was 'easy' feeling, so hopefully it just gets better from here (instead of hitting it once and then failing three times to hit it again lol). 28/36 all ss316 3mm 4.5 wraps .06 ohms is singing on quad parallel conversion hog v3...
Those alien staggs look beautiful!! How you spaced everything so perfectly is beyond me. Probably one of the most impressive builds I've ever seen on this forum:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:! You gotta take into consideration that it looks very vapable too. So you've got functionality and it just looks so siiiiick.:devil: Amazing!

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Couple of quick shout outs l'd like to give, I think everyone who posts in the builders corner is great and I think everyone deserves a ton of credit for keeping our community alive and well, but there have been some standouts in my mind. I'm just going to go with my personal top 5. Please keep in mind I don't mean to exclude anyone and I'm not a reviewer. These are just 5 people who have touched me from the community and I'd like to recognize them for how they have personally inspired me. I want EVERYONE who posts on this thread to know that they are doing a great job and I admire their work...EVERYONE.

Lets give it up for @mach1ne for his alien staggs.. what a difficult build and as you can see he's mastered it. He's been a huge influence on me as a builder and I think he is one of the very best builders in the community. I think when it comes to building he's kinda like a big brother to us all and he never asked for that, but he's spread so much inspiration it's hard not to look up to the man.

How about @Pegleg Meg for her volume and creativity. She comes up with some of the most creative builds and she builds A LOT. I'm just getting to know her and already I've learned tips and tricks from her. What a great builder.

Lets give it up to @The_hat_trix for putting up some of the most consistent builds, I mean every coil the guy posts looks like a store bought coil and I hear he's going to be going into business for himself. He deserves to!

How about @Wtmke1 for conquering the framed staple. When I started posting this guy was wrestling with regular staple coils and now he's got framed staple coils down to a science and builds them as clean as they come. That's serious progress in a short amount of time!

And last but not least lets give it up to @AnthonyLouis for being the king of the fralien, the coil that vapes best on mech mods IMO. I've seen them, I've tried them and he's got it down!

Those are my top 5 inspirational builders. Please feel free to mention anyone I might have left out who has inspired you! I'm not attempting to speak for everyone or be some type of leader in anyway. I just wanted to take the time to give credit to these awesome builders who like I've said, inspire me to be a better builder everyday.:hearts::stars::confetti:

Last edited:

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Couple of quick shout outs l'd like to give, I think everyone who posts in the builders corner is great and I think everyone deserves a ton of credit for keeping our community alive and well, but there have been some standouts in my mind. I'm just going to go with my personal top 5. Please keep in mind I don't mean to exclude anyone and I'm not a reviewer. These are just 5 people who have touched me from the community and I'd like to recognize them for how they have personally inspired me. I want EVERYONE who posts on this thread to know that they are doing a great job and I admire their work...EVERYONE.

Lets give it up for @mach1ne for his alien staggs.. what a difficult build and as you can see he's mastered it. He's been a huge influence on me as a builder and I think he is one of the very best builders in the community. I think when it comes to building he's kinda like a big brother to us all and he never asked for that, but he's spread so much inspiration it's hard not to look up to the man.

How about @Pegleg Meg for her volume and creativity. She comes up with some of the most creative builds and she builds A LOT. I'm just getting to know her and already I've learned tips and tricks from her. What a great builder.

Lets give it up to @The_hat_trix for putting up some of the most consistent builds, I mean every coil the guy posts looks like a store bought coil and I hear he's going to be going into business for himself. He deserves to!

How about @Wtmke1 for conquering the framed staple. When started posting this guy was wrestling with regular staple coils and now he's got framed staple coils down to a science and builds them as clean as they come. That's serious progress in a short amount of time!

And last but not least lets give it up to @AnthonyLouis for being the king of the fralien, the coil that vapes best on mech mods IMO. I've seen them, I've tried them and he's got it down!

Those are my top 5 inspirational builders. Please feel free to mention anyone I might have left out who has inspired you! I'm not attempting to speak for everyone or be some type of leader in anyway. I just wanted to take the time to give credit to these awesome builders who like I've said, inspire me to be a better builder everyday.:hearts::stars::confetti:
Dude big shoutout to you!! if somebody is inspiring it's you! you have to be the greatest father of alltime! If i remember correctly your a father right ? :)

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

How about @Wtmke1 for conquering the framed staple. When started posting this guy was wrestling with regular staple coils and now he's got framed staple coils down to a science and builds them as clean as they come. That's serious progress in a short amount of time!

Thanks so much dude, it means a lot to me! Every time I see a notification that you commented on one of my Fralien pics I hurry up and rush over to the comment because your appreciation for it just makes my day. I’ve been looking at your aliens lately and your not to far behind brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks so much dude, it means a lot to me! Every time I see a notification that you commented on one of my Fralien pics I hurry up and rush over to the comment because your appreciation for it just makes my day. I’ve been looking at your aliens lately and your not to far behind brother!

Thanks man. I can make a decent fralien. Certainly vapable. I need work on wrapping my coils to be honest that's a weak point of mine if we were to look at it from a really technical perspective. When I tried your's the vape was amazing. I did mean what I said you are the king of the fralien! Now all you need is a fralien queen and you can rule the fralien world!:stars:But in all seriousness your fraliens did inspire me to take a step up in my fralien game and for that I am truly thankful.:)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Gotchya thanks! It was just the way it was worded that made me a little confused. My fault! I understand now.:)

Nah I get lazy and a little speech-retarded sometimes and word things Terribly lmao, getting my brain to make sense with words is a chore some days

Thank you so much for the shout out, it's peeps like you who give such positive support, I'm about as addicted to compliments as I am playing with kanthal, not gonna lie haha

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nah I get lazy and a little speech-retarded sometimes and word things Terribly lmao, getting my brain to make sense with words is a chore some days

Thank you so much for the shout out, it's peeps like you who give such positive support, I'm about as addicted to compliments as I am playing with kanthal, not gonna lie haha
Honestly you've inspired me and earned a shout out in my opinion. From mermaid pubes to gatortails, your an expert. I aspire to get better because of builders like you.:D

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
5 hours with 46, tried to paraclapton with it and it didnt go too bad for a first try with that guage *toots her own horn* lucky I had about 5 inches of stick done before I crossed the strands up

It looked pretty terrible until I rolled a tube mod over it, I thought for sure the crunching sounds were the 46 breaking in a million spots but they just slid right into place, the parts that had a place to go, anyway :oops:

2x26 aliens and .3+28 staggertons

Screenshot_20180419-130705-648x1152.png Screenshot_20180419-130559-1152x648.png
Screenshot_20180419-135422-648x1152.png
IMG_20180419_115315-1209x1612.jpg IMG_20180419_130226_crop_605x604.jpg
Honestly you've inspired me and earned a shout out in my opinion. From mermaid pubes to gatortails, your an expert. I aspire to get better because of builders like you.:D

Wait, no expert, no Way, just have no way to decide what to try building until someone posts theirs in here first, it's peer pressure I say

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

How about @Wtmke1 for conquering the framed staple. When I started posting this guy was wrestling with regular staple coils and now he's got framed staple coils down to a science and builds them as clean as they come. That's serious progress in a short amount of time!

Those are my top 5 inspirational builders. Please feel free to mention anyone I might have left out who has inspired you! I'm not attempting to speak for everyone or be some type of leader in anyway. I just wanted to take the time to give credit to these awesome builders who like I've said, inspire me to be a better builder everyday.s::stars::confetti:
Man I really appreciate it. You guys inspire me to do more and more every time I build. Thank every one of you guys and gals for the pointers and add ins with different techniques and tips.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks man. I can make a decent fralien. Certainly vapable. I need work on wrapping my coils to be honest that's a weak point of mine if we were to look at it from a really technical perspective. When I tried your's the vape was amazing. I did mean what I said you are the king of the fralien! Now all you need is a fralien queen and you can rule the fralien world!:stars:But in all seriousness your fraliens did inspire me to take a step up in my fralien game and for that I am truly thankful.:)

Haha fralien queen

And what made me get to this point with fraliens is I built only fralien coils every day for a while. I wanted to perfect them. I still make a minimum of 2 fraliens a day just to keep my skills up to par.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been playing with single coils lately so I tried this. Alien made by @ScReWbALL

Only Vaped it for a little bit. Way too much power going to a single coil at .15 ohms lol. Looks cool though.
34046f015e3d5ac510bb117238c5fa2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Doh! I keep on forgetting to get another group of coils to send your way. You want to coil up some sticks yourself or want ready-made coils to pop in?
dc3930c06a5003a6678c183cc3475c75.jpg

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have to agree with this @Shredtravolta you're doing some great work brother. I personally get quite a bit of inspiration and motivation from your builds. As well as megpeg :) I must say though, if I were assembling a build team, your top 5 would be my starting 5 for sure, with yourself as the 6th man at the ready.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First stitched fralien in over a year..... gonna coil her up later today and post pics

b19b783cb6401651477bcc89a782e880.jpg

that's clean as hell dude. great work! now I'm gonna be forced to make an inferior version of that for myself lol I'm not entirely sure I ever did a stitched alien now that I think about it. it's just an alien with a smaller gauge ran through your decore prior to stretching yeah? I've been doing so many staggered builds lately, trying to go back and redo some alien builds.

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that's clean as hell dude. great work! now I'm gonna be forced to make an inferior version of that for myself lol I'm not entirely sure I ever did a stitched alien now that I think about it. it's just an alien with a smaller gauge ran through your decore prior to stretching yeah? I've been doing so many staggered builds lately, trying to go back and redo some alien builds.

err pretend I said fralien in the places I didn't:)

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have to agree with this @Shredtravolta you're doing some great work brother. I personally get quite a bit of inspiration and motivation from your builds. As well as megpeg :) I must say though, if I were assembling a build team, your top 5 would be my starting 5 for sure, with yourself as the 6th man at the ready.

Thanks man.. really means a lot to me!

And yeah I did a 36 decore with 40g through it

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes sir proud father of a nearly 4 year old girl and a nearly 2 year old son.:D
My middle daughter just got her liscense and first car. Enjoy the young days man. They don't last forever. Now the only time she calls me is for gas or fingernail money. Hits me up days in advance of my payday. I guess to reinforce that she needs money. Ha ha. She's starting work next week thank goodness.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I found myself rushing to the page the other day when I had 6 likes from Raymo. I was like what did I build that he could've liked. Compared to some of y'all I still feel like I'm in single wire land. My little fused claptons fit inside y'all's coils.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I found myself rushing to the page the other day when I had 6 likes from Raymo. I was like what did I build that he could've liked. Compared to some of y'all I still feel like I'm in single wire land. My little fused claptons fit inside y'all's coils.

I feel the same way lol

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to send someone coils, that would encourage me to make something perfectly clean

Just don’t send any to @Mykreign or @Wtmke1 ... they both have sets of my Aliens and my fragile ego doesn’t need to see the side-by-side comparison to how really well done Aliens look compared to mine...I’ve got them pretty well duped so far! Lol ;)

I know exactly what you mean about feeling like the stuff you make is lower than a lot of stuff these other guys put out, but isn’t it awesome how they don’t make you feel that way? It’s all encouragement here! Hell, I kept and still keep as many of my shitty coils from starting out as I do my clean work just to make sure I remember where I started and came from (though I still consider myself amateur at best).

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just don’t send any to @Mykreign or @Wtmke1 ... they both have sets of my Aliens and my fragile ego doesn’t need to see the side-by-side comparison to how really well done Aliens look compared to mine...I’ve got them pretty well duped so far! Lol ;)

I know exactly what you mean about feeling like the stuff you make is lower than a lot of stuff these other guys put out, but isn’t it awesome how they don’t make you feel that way? It’s all encouragement here! Hell, I kept and still keep as many of my shitty coils from starting out as I do my clean work just to make sure I remember where I started and came from (though I still consider myself amateur at best).

Oh yeah I haven't seen the first bad attitude in here since I joined Vu. The other threads not so much. Almost like this group is a bunch of crafty ass hippies. We all just get along so well.. And I'm still enjoying the heck out of those aliens. I've gotten watch what rda though cuz they get hot quick. But I like a hot vape so it works out great.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Dude I still have my first alien coil

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh yeah I haven't seen the first bad attitude in here since I joined Vu. The other threads not so much. Almost like this group is a bunch of crafty ass hippies. We all just get along so well.. And I'm still enjoying the heck out of those aliens. I've gotten watch what rda though cuz they get hot quick. But I like a hot vape so it works out great.

Grungy metal hippies...or maybe thats just me :oops:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some fraliens sitting in the Aequitas

6(.3x.1) SS316L
2(28) SS316L
36 SS316L Alien

44c2b3d68956046905d831902a92688b.jpg
987f868b6d262464addb4b3fcb2f76c0.jpg
cb53aaf31425df732b0c2c4dd0856a0e.jpg

Some fraliens sitting in the Aequitas

6(.3x.1) SS316L
2(28) SS316L
36 SS316L Alien

db77cb5bd06582aa62df4b8f62ab8e0e.jpg
44c2b3d68956046905d831902a92688b.jpg
987f868b6d262464addb4b3fcb2f76c0.jpg
cb53aaf31425df732b0c2c4dd0856a0e.jpg

Perfect as always! And look at those colors. Amazing!

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You gotta take into consideration that it looks very vapable too
they are a great vape. i wanna try them with a ribbon middle, and a set in all ribbon. i have a feeling ribbon middle will be pretty great.
Lets give it up for @mach1ne
I think when it comes to building he's kinda like a big brother to us all
thanks man :cheers: its pretty cool seeing the big brother comment. when i got here i felt like an annoying little brother who was way too excited and just bugging everyone with my questions and 'nice work man' posts :teehee:
2x26 aliens and .3+28 staggertons
46 gauge staggerton? is that what this is? :gaah:
First stitched fralien in over a year..... gonna coil her up later today and post pics
how do you like the vape from those? i never like the vape compared to clean aliens, so i have never made another set (interlock as well) after my first successful couple. its a beauty. i cant wait to see pics :cheers:
I know exactly what you mean about feeling like the stuff you make is lower than a lot of stuff these other guys put out, but isn’t it awesome how they don’t make you feel that way?
theres nothing to tease/poke fun at imo. this shit is hard, and anyone who sticks around and fights deserves a round of applause :cheers:
I found myself rushing to the page the other day when I had 6 likes from Raymo
haha yeah i remember getting my first like from ray and chef on the same pic (cant even remember what it was). i actually showed my room mate (who didnt vape at the time and gave absolute zero fucks/still teases me at times about it). i still get excited when i see a like from either of them lol
Grungy metal hippies...or maybe thats just me
i go on weird tangents all over the place, but there is always metal in my heart (and usually at least a little on any given playlist of random stuff)....i hate getting mistaken for a hippie tho lol :cuss2:

VU Sponsors