Become a Patron!

Post your builds

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You're right lol my bad. Thought I'd watched one by nick device but must have not downloaded it. Thanks for clearing that up, I'm a fuckin *dope* sometimes lol

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Haha all good bro... I just didn’t want u to not watch it because you thought you did!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll have a watch of that after, got myself 6 small framed Staples prepared for some alien staggertons after. Can't wait lol

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't been building any Clapton coils for a couple months now. It felt good to get behind the drill again.
6x0.3 kanthal wrapped with with n80
fa0596201b1c7d822edfc9d49717aea6.jpg
3fcd0d53371d857ab6b40ec09c5c17bf.jpg
43cdcc12a3eff9a6cca5dc6cfe0a2634.jpg

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Considering you haven't been at it for a while they're fucking tight them dude

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't been building any Clapton coils for a couple months now. It felt good to get behind the drill again.
6x0.3 kanthal wrapped with with n80
fa0596201b1c7d822edfc9d49717aea6.jpg
3fcd0d53371d857ab6b40ec09c5c17bf.jpg
43cdcc12a3eff9a6cca5dc6cfe0a2634.jpg

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
you just reminded me I forgot to order more ribbon last week lol those look pretty good man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And the only thing that makes a coil bad is how well it vapes dude :)

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Alien wanna see if my alien makers work better now I don’t have to twist the swivel end

I’m tempted to wait until i can use that revolver as well although I’m running seriously low of coils at the moment spent my last building day faffing about with a build that failed
This is the exact reason why I set time side when I'm able to get wire and do 20 FC because I love the way fused vape. That still are the most common thing you'll find me vaping, and 20 or so aliens. If I have extra I'll putz around with new builds. I hate staggered builds but I think next time I will do fine.

Aliens and super nice fused Claptons are my favorites still.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since I first vaped a staggered fused Clapton I'd made its still one of my favourite builds, wasn't easy getting there but was well worth the effort. Made me want to try alien SSFC's to see if that boosted their performance any. Still haven't got round to it like, so many builds to try but not enough hands lol

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Since I first vaped a staggered fused Clapton I'd made its still one of my favourite builds, wasn't easy getting there but was well worth the effort. Made me want to try alien SSFC's to see if that boosted their performance any. Still haven't got round to it like, so many builds to try but not enough hands lol

I needed an extra set of coils for my new Pyro, so I put in that first try of staggered fused in that I made a couple months ago, thing is uuuuugly but it works! :xD:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nice work @Fudgey Finger thats one of my favorite builds for unregulated series :cheers:

My first staggered builds weren't all that but I was still chuffed to have the thing vaping
lol yeah man. i remember starting out, i was buying spooled fused clapton wire, and all my setups were full of it and i couldnt build anything better yet...then i got my drill and swivels and filled up all my attys with my own fused claptons and i felt like i hit the big time :giggle: then i hit aliens and did the same again, full upgrade cycle on all my setups with aliens now...man i was like the king of vaping :shades:

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well that fucked up on me :/ seemed like it was going well at the beginning too. Can see how the ribbon has jumped out and gone horizontal. Hopefully iron that out next build though. Might even try stretching the 24g decore wire just a tad so the need for a double frame is done away with.
Edit. By which I mean stretch the wire I would wrap my Clapton around.
8c5c3cf43776844b87d7af8f60ad1594.jpg

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Giving it the boot till tomorrow, too tired for more of this today. Need to go and rethink what I'm doing and maybe make some different sized larger decore to see how to get the best fit. For now though a stitched alien, first full one I've done, bit of a pickup after the shambles that were those alien staggs
94b73c76aad7be3f1002459a18b631ac.jpg

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lmao dunno what to say to that dude. Thanks, I suppose haha. Not the most productive night I've had building but I've learnt a couple small things about the alien stagg and how hard it is to frame with ribbon :)

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another thing is that I've got a better grasp of the spacing for the alien stagg. That's the best thing I'll take away from tonight I think. Need more atomisers to throw builds in though, don't wanna rip out my alien stagg for the stitched alien just yet bbuuuutt I really wanna colour the bastard up haha. We'll see what wins tomorrow, turning in now. Catch y'all when I do :)

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lmao dunno what to say to that dude. Thanks, I suppose haha. Not the most productive night I've had building but I've learnt a couple small things about the alien stagg and how hard it is to frame with ribbon
haha yeah it was a compliment. you started out with 'first of six' and then actually posted updates. i got to thinking more about building than watching the fights and eating dinner more than once, but an exciting fight got me focused again lol. think about it this way, at the point where you are trying to hit alien stagg variants, the only lessons that are left to learn are the really hard ones :cheers:

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I'm still not asleep haha I ended up spinning up a load of 26g decores, I'm not sure exactly what for yet but it's nice to have several different sizes to be able to pick from. I forgot another thing that I've learned or more to say perfected is the Clapton. I can do them so smoothly now that I don't need to reverse spin the wire to get a decore off one. They just slide straight off. So that's another shout of kudos to whoever it was who started collecting decores in envelopes and encouraged me to stop winding them on spools as it was a time waster. Very handy tip that has thoroughly helped me out

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have just discovered the best thing in building since the swivel.. picked up a set of 8 of these for around 4 bucks.. put your cores in the chuck, get them straight, sandwich between 2 magnets.. go on down the line, making sure everything is right, sandwich that end between 2 magnets connect to swivel, go to town, cores will not move. you can use a 3rd set as a slider if you want, but I've had no need. this may have been done before, but I've not seen it..
4c4a8ef242f821da7eeaf1c3485e2335.jpg

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Found out today that I can get 25g over here so might have to try some of that as a decore for alien staggs to see if that works for filling in the gaps properly

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Found out today that I can get 25g over here so might have to try some of that as a decore for alien staggs to see if that works for filling in the gaps properly

Im waiting for some 25g & 27g over here so I can do some 2(26g)/6(.4x1) & 2(28g)/5(.4x.1) fraliens without having to over or under stretch the decore claptons... I prefer building more ply staple variations but they just aren’t practical for some rda and tanks.

Like right now I got some 3mm 2(26g k)/8(.4x.1k) fraliens in my new Phobia RDA but it’s a bottom airflow dripper and there’s just not enough airflow for the size of the coil.. to be fair, I messed up wrapping the alien and didn’t have enough good wire to do what I wanted to do. I wanted to drop a wrap and make them 3.5mm or even 4mm if they would have fit and that could have probably been small enough for the airflow to hit the width of the coil.

0d328cf0124a07cb38f106afb15c928a.jpg
24b59b4f09f8a2bfeee2c6be76287a0e.jpg

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im waiting for some 25g & 27g over here so I can do some 2(26g)/6(.4x1) & 2(28g)/5(.4x.1) fraliens without having to over or under stretch the decore claptons... I prefer building more ply staple variations but they just aren’t practical for some rda and tanks.

Like right now I got some 3mm 2(26g k)/8(.4x.1k) fraliens in my new Phobia RDA but it’s a bottom airflow dripper and there’s just not enough airflow for the size of the coil.. to be fair, I messed up wrapping the alien and didn’t have enough good wire to do what I wanted to do. I wanted to drop a wrap and make them 3.5mm or even 4mm if they would have fit and that could have probably been small enough for the airflow to hit the width of the coil.

aaaand I'm reminded again to order more ribbon wire.. those are nice.. which RDA is that?

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Still some tidy looking coils them though :) I did 10, 12 and 14 ply fraliens with 24g decore on all of them a few weeks ago and the difference in waviness wasn't all that noticable. Can't wait for this 25g to get here, hoping it does the trick for proper spacing. Saw an IMMENSE alien stagg on Instagram about half hour ago, need to ask the fella how he got it so perfect, said he'd learned it off Raymo as well, even Raymo said it was FIRE lol

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Still some tidy looking coils them though :) I did 10, 12 and 14 ply fraliens with 24g decore on all of them a few weeks ago and the difference in waviness wasn't all that noticable. Can't wait for this 25g to get here, hoping it does the trick for proper spacing. Saw an IMMENSE alien stagg on Instagram about half hour ago, need to ask the fella how he got it so perfect, said he'd learned it off Raymo as well, even Raymo said it was FIRE lol

Thanks brother. Yeah, I think the 25g gonna help ya. A lot of people underestimate how much 1 gauge difference can change your entire build

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Finally wicked up my little fraliens for my wake rta... this thing is amazing. Mad at myself for waiting the last couple of days to get this done!!!
4(.4x.1k)
2(26k)
35g wrap - 5.5 wraps/3mm - 1.4ohms

dc72bd543124b3b74f50ff6d6b7b1fa8.jpg

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
20180217_145659.jpg 20180217_145711.jpg
Haven't posted here in awhile. Thought I'd share my latest build. For those who don't know me, I'm a retired Combat Vet, and this is my retirement hobby/passion. Mohawk Alien Coil; 5 wraps, 3mm diameter, 36g over 26g nichrome 80, .20 ohms, in my new Vandy Vape Kylin Mini RTA. Hitting it with 72 watts. Great Vape!

Last edited:

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice work man, haven't seen your posts before but then I haven't scrolled throughout the rest of this thread yet. Hate to be a pedantic twat, a battle I lose every time lol but that's just a mohawk alien. The razorback alien is done with ribbon wire and has a sharp look to it haha

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unless my phone just can't make out the difference. Looks like round wire from what I can see

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I apologize if my terminology was incorrect. All the reference tutorials I read and watched learning to build these, used the terms interchangeably. Thank you for the correction though! Always welcome new vape knowledge!

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 104322 View attachment 104323
Haven't posted here in awhile. Thought I'd share my latest build. For those who don't know me, I'm a retired Combat Vet, and this is my retirement hobby/passion. Mohawk (Razorback) Alien Coil; 5 wraps, 3mm diameter, 36g over 26g nichrome 80, .20 ohms, in my new Vandy Vape Kylin Mini RTA. Hitting it with 72 watts. Great Vape!
how is the kylin mini?? I was all amped up waiting on it to drop, but for some reason I'm hesitant to pull the trigger now..

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No apology needed dude, it's a lovely looking coil don't get me wrong. I've just watched all sorts of videos and looked at all sorts of pictures on Instagram, razorback is a bit more of a bitch to do as you Clapton ribbon wire vertically around another wire, unlike the tsuka which is ribbon wire claptoned horizontally. Haven't tried either of them myself yet either haha

VU Sponsors