Become a Patron!

Post your builds

HAHA we all seem to be different, i can wrap ok, decore ok but i seem to hold the stretched decored wrap as im feeding it onto the alien core :p only had a couple of tried so far
attempt 1:
dYY4X
https://imgur.com/a/dYY4X

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Anyone have any tips on decoring?
Before cutting the not yet decored wrap from the spool, run your drill in reverse for about 2 seconds. This will loosed the wrap and make it much easier to remove.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Basically, you're spinning the core in the opposite direction of the wrap. Which is in essence just a long spring. By spinning the core in the opposite direction, you're releasing the tension on the spring which allows you to easily remove the core. Also, make sure you're using sharp clippers so the decore doesn't snag on the core as you're removing it.

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can get really good claptons by using my swivel setup. That's not a problem for me anymore. The problem is getting the core wires to move about freely. I'll have to try again later though, I'm out of SS wire and have some on backorder. Decided to get some 26g Ni200 while I was at it as well.
Do you mean getting the core to slip out from the decore? I explained that. You loosen the decore by holding it and spinning the drill in reverse. Heres a good video by mterk. It helped me when i learned aliens.
Check the link i put above to alien build thread too!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TooCruel

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2 micro projects typically for MTL... It can be useful for MTL lovers(because their execution is very short / easy)...

1. Name: Celtic braid "U" -shaped
RTA: Cthulhu MTL
Wires: 5 x 2 x 0,11mm= +/-37-38AWG, Kanthal D
Diameter: 2-2,3mm
Wraps: 3
Final resistance: 0,547Ohm
Time spent: 10min? (+ 5min mirroring)
1jpg_qhwsrws.jpg

I love this type of wires as cores(SFC etc), but in the solo version is darn hard to shape(below 0,13mm, 0,11mm and 0,09mm braids):
2jpg_qhwsrwn.jpg

With 0,11mm I am still able to shape it(solo) ... ... but the fun with 0.09mm is just too heavy for me :(
I'm too newbie / I feel helpless :(

2. Name: Simple 3 x MTL SFC with loose core(additionally mirrored)...
RDA: Cerberus by Footoon(28,5mm)
Wires: 3 x 0,18mm + 0,09mm(33+39AWG), thickness of the heater after flattening: +/- 0,3mm, Kanthal D
Diameter: 2,5mm
Wraps: 4
Final resistance: 0,209Ohm(triple), +/- 0,65Ohmeach heater
Time spent: 30-40min? (+ 10min mirroring)
Although this RDA have Temple 30mm size, it is 100% MTL RDA :)
All attempts to slam it into working as DTL ended in failure (not working good).
3jpg_qhwsrwe.jpg

4jpg_qhwsrww.jpg

PS
@champton
:) You have to calculate fine initial clapton. Values are selected based on the number of cores and their diameter - so it is not worth using AWG, only mm :) Eg:
You can set the angular coefficient (Alpha):
1. Alpha < x2.0 - The wrappers used in Stitched aliens (loose) do not overlap the cores.
Eg:
9jpg_qhwahpw.jpg

2. x2.0 < Alpha < x4.0 - Standard alienes. The smaller the value (closer to 2.0, the easier it is to perform - I recommend the 2.4 to 3.0 to easy start...).
Eg:
3. 4.0x < Alpha - The wrapper will be so stretched that it will not come out of this alien, only the FC :)
Eg(low angles aliens / fake aliens / lend picture):
113783151_qhwahee.jpg

How to calculate it? Its ultra easy. Eg for point 2(alien from the YT).
We have 6cores x 0,19-20mm wires... And we want beautiful angles - alpha range of 2.2-2.4.
:) :) :)
Initial clapton(for Alpha=2.2)= Heater width divided by 2.2:
(6cores x 0,19mm) / 2.2 = 0,52mm
Initial clapton(for Alpha=2.4)= Heater width divided by 2.4:
(6cores x 0,19mm) / 2.2 = 0,475mm
So now we know: +/- 0,5mm initial clapton(24AWG?).

This is a method used by a newbie like me and is perfect for other newbies ... Pro coil builders can give you another method / mb better :) But the above is definitely the easiest and always works.
Regards...

Last edited:

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Too Cruel youe coils are clean and youve motivated me to start learning them. Thanks!
Are you ever gonna give up on the helpless newbie routine bro?! The first couple times it was funny but now i just think your messing with us! Lol. Are you using a translator?

TooCruel

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol. Are you using a translator?
No, but i have auto-correction in chrome. Sometimes I do not notice how amusingly improves sentences(but it is funny) eg:
"So now we know we have to use"
Let's say I work a lot and I need to write posts very quickly in my free time...
Are you ever gonna give up on the helpless newbie routine bro?! The first couple times it was funny but now i just think your messing with us!
Ive ty to designing heaters... ...I do not like copying projects / doing something what someone has already invented, but I have limited free time (so as I wrote: it is a hobby level/newbie). Surrender/giving up sucks. I can give you an example(this comment):
Beztytulu_qhwqpsq.jpg

Disc kumihimo teaches humility. Hundred times I have been subjected/annoyed by disk(since 2-3 years?). But wanted to get up and fight...
I have fun with a heater for a week and can not see the end(6-7 days/1h per day = 10-11cm of the wire):
IMG201709_qhwqhpp.jpg

16 x 0,15mm, mass of movements to remember, continuous stretching, no time for mistakes.. ...killing me. But I not give up /
I know that project without cores with stable sides will work great when I finish it... ...So you should not give up with aliens(because it's a very simple heater, and all the fun starts when you learn them and start experimenting).
Regards... :)

Edit:
Almost forgot :)
Good bearings, and tools for stabilizing cores are the most important :) When it comes to 3-core alien, the same bearings will suffice. With 4 or more cores, good tensioners and stabilizers are damn important, for example. I use this set:
2x good vice:

07A307jpg_qhwqhhq.jpg

3-4x good, constantly lubricated swivels:
kretlik-l_qhwqhhs.jpg

A lot of fittings(currently i have about 300 different sets in my collection - from 0,15mm - 0,4mm holes - 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 x wire, triangular for mohawks, round etc. :) ):
Beztytulu_qhwqhxn.jpg

And good clamps? From building markets...:
7f7fe5297_qhwqhnx.jpg

...or intended to make heaters:
DSCF8254J_qhwqhra.jpg

Regards no.2... :)

Last edited:

Twisted Vaping

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, been a while since my last posts... one for the Start. Nailed my first perfect 4 Core SFC trying a new technique. Never got the wrap to fit in all Four grooves. Normally when i prep the Spaced clapton i want the wrap as tight as possible so it won't loose the perfect spacing.

Now i did the Opposite!
Made a loose Spaced clapton that can be moved on the core as if you want a decore. Then cut it in Four pieces with CARE.
aligned it and fused freehand without swivels. What it does?

Any imperfection is solved because the wrap can move freely on the Core! When one gap is too tight, the whole wrap is pushed to the end giving exact the space The fuse needs.

Since you cant fix the cores in any way using ribbon sliders or something else you have to stop every quarter of an inch and pinch your recently fused part with Nylon pliers. A Bit Time Consuming Bit it works like a charm!

Here they are. 4x 29 GA, 38GA Stagger and fuse. 6 wraps 3mm @ 0.16Ohm Dual.
IMG_8412.JPG IMG_8414.JPG IMG_8415.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8412.JPG
    IMG_8412.JPG
    497.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8414.JPG
    IMG_8414.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8415.JPG
    IMG_8415.JPG
    283.8 KB · Views: 12

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@too cruel coils that's some nice work. Can I ask where do you get your fittings for holding wire in different formations? Could do with some triangle ones for working on my twisted builds

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

TooCruel

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@too cruel coils that's some nice work. Can I ask where do you get your fittings for holding wire in different formations? Could do with some triangle ones for working on my twisted builds
Sorry but no... I can not link my own products because it is not in accordance with the rules. Photos and information are allowed, but links unfortunately not... ...Same as the vice, swivels, etc.
Possibly, such things can be placed only in this section:
http://vapingunderground.com/forums/accessories.65/
"5. No affiliate, referral links or hot linked memes, and pics are permitted. Also no raffles or charity funding are to be sold for profit or otherwise including GoFundMe links, and others. Please contact an Admin about legal 501c3, c6, etc Charity raffles or any other types."

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry but no... I can not link my own products because it is not in accordance with the rules. Photos and information are allowed, but links unfortunately not... ...Same as the vice, swivels, etc.
Possibly, such things can be placed only in this section:
http://vapingunderground.com/forums/accessories.65/
"5. No affiliate, referral links or hot linked memes, and pics are permitted. Also no raffles or charity funding are to be sold for profit or otherwise including GoFundMe links, and others. Please contact an Admin about legal 501c3, c6, etc Charity raffles or any other types."
Can I actually ask what you mean. I understand the raffle and go fund me part but you can not link your own products? That part I don't understand. Do you mean links to the equipment you use (swivels,vices), or do you mean links to sell your coils and such. Just honestly trying to understand.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Twisted Vaping

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got some new Ribbon today and Experimented a bit. Its n80 with 0.4x0.08 instead of 0.4x0.1. really really tough to handle. Made some decent Corrugated SSFC out of them. Took 28GA Frames, 8 ply of the mentioned Ribbon, 38GA stagger and Fuse, all N80. Came out to 0.13 Ohm 7 wrap @ 3mm ID.
IMG_8345.JPG
IMG_8344.JPG
IMG_8347.JPG

Afterwards tried some fraliens,
These Are Made with 29GA, 6 Ply 0.4x0.08, 38GA wrap. Came out near to Perfect with some messes at the leads. Who cares, the coils theirselves Are pretty flawless.

IMG_8368.JPG

TooCruel

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can I actually ask what you mean. I understand the raffle and go fund me part but you can not link your own products? That part I don't understand. Do you mean links to the equipment you use (swivels,vices), or do you mean links to sell your coils and such. Just honestly trying to understand.

Paste references / advertising links, etc. is forbidden on this type of forums. It is not permitted (forum rules / ban). What is incomprehensible? :)

@TooCruel you should look into becoming an unlisted vendor. i bet youll get a couple sales from the builders here, and probably some good exposure.
I read the topic / requirements about becoming "unlisted vendor". But I'm not "compatible" with most points (6 months forum probation etc). In addition, as I wrote, I am only a hobbyist.

I do not handle / do not be able to perform professional heaters. I am automation and robotics engineer / designer(that's why I can design perfect coil building tools - to make life easy - but it's still a hobby). :) If someone needs tools - simply write me email (and the cost of
registered shipping from Poland is very cheap - $ 4.5, so people from USA / Asia / Australia / Europe already use these tools since 2015. And thanks to these testers we could invest in better projects / quality. Eg v1, v2, v3 clamps evolution(2015, 2016, 2017).
Beztytulu_qhsxwqn.jpg

v1 worked very decent, but v3 in terms of weight, work and strength(is fortified with chemical baths thanks to the advice of people working in ABS many years - vaper :) ) is a totally masterpiece.

Regards... but i just need a regular account. I do not want to play as seller and have problems with it. If someone likes the pictures I am very happy with it :) IMO looks better than on IG because are uncompressed.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Paste references / advertising links, etc. is forbidden on this type of forums. It is not permitted (forum rules / ban). What is incomprehensible? :)

I read the topic / requirements about becoming "unlisted vendor". But I'm not "compatible" with most points (6 months forum probation etc). In addition, as I wrote, I am only a hobbyist.

I do not handle / do not be able to perform professional heaters. I am automation and robotics engineer / designer(that's why I can design perfect coil building tools - to make life easy - but it's still a hobby). :) If someone needs tools - simply write me email (and the cost of
registered shipping from Poland is very cheap - $ 4.5, so people from USA / Asia / Australia / Europe already use these tools since 2015. And thanks to these testers we could invest in better projects / quality. Eg v1, v2, v3 clamps evolution(2015, 2016, 2017).
Beztytulu_qhsxwqn.jpg

v1 worked very decent, but v3 in terms of weight, work and strength(is fortified with chemical baths thanks to the advice of people working in ABS many years - vaper :) ) is a totally masterpiece.

Regards... but i just need a regular account. I do not want to play as seller and have problems with it. If someone likes the pictures I am very happy with it :) IMO looks better than on IG because are uncompressed.
No advertisements. That's what I mean. Do you mean it's not allowed in the coil building section? Because I saw a lot of vendor advertisements over the holiday weekend. And I've seen numerous times that people sell there hand made coils.its just kind of confusing. Either you can advertise or not but I see a lot of sales and ads for it to be a rule. I'm not trying to bucks the system or anything just trying to understand. I'll never have anything to sell or advertise but just wondering.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PS
@champton
:) You have to calculate fine initial clapton. Values are selected based on the number of cores and their diameter - so it is not worth using AWG, only mm :) Eg:
You can set the angular coefficient (Alpha):
1. Alpha < x2.0 - The wrappers used in Stitched aliens (loose) do not overlap the cores.
Eg:
9jpg_qhwahpw.jpg

2. x2.0 < Alpha < x4.0 - Standard alienes. The smaller the value (closer to 2.0, the easier it is to perform - I recommend the 2.4 to 3.0 to easy start...).
Eg:
3. 4.0x < Alpha - The wrapper will be so stretched that it will not come out of this alien, only the FC :)
Eg(low angles aliens / fake aliens / lend picture):
113783151_qhwahee.jpg

How to calculate it? Its ultra easy. Eg for point 2(alien from the YT).
We have 6cores x 0,19-20mm wires... And we want beautiful angles - alpha range of 2.2-2.4.
:) :) :)
Initial clapton(for Alpha=2.2)= Heater width divided by 2.2:
(6cores x 0,19mm) / 2.2 = 0,52mm
Initial clapton(for Alpha=2.4)= Heater width divided by 2.4:
(6cores x 0,19mm) / 2.2 = 0,475mm
So now we know: +/- 0,5mm initial clapton(24AWG?).

This is a method used by a newbie like me and is perfect for other newbies ... Pro coil builders can give you another method / mb better :) But the above is definitely the easiest and always works.
Regards...

Huh? English please. You're speaking to a REAL noob ya fake noob. :p What do you mean by "Alpha"?

TooCruel

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Huh? English please. You're speaking to a REAL noob ya fake noob. :p What do you mean by "Alpha"?
English is not my mother tongue, but all in all I do not know what was wrong there? Angular coefficient = was temporarily named alpha? Thats all. It is not necessary for you / is irrelevant... All you have to do => divide... :) I think this is not too difficult?
You can count on the equations of the coils, but is it easier than dividing?

If you do not understand this record:
"x2.0 < Alpha < x4.0" - it means that the ratio is greater than 2 and less than 4 (and this is the universal writing method used worldwide).

Last edited:

TooCruel

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, even I don't know what the hell he's talking about.
So say how you calculate eg initial clapton for 4, 5, 6 cores, or cores + ribbons? Or SAliens with 2-3 cores, and loose sides?
Eg: These wider quadro aliens between mohawk:
14JPG_qhseapw.jpg

2 x 0,25mm cores inside. How would you calculate initial clapton for this project without alpha or similar simplifications?

Edit: Last drawing / paper version:
IMG201709_qhseqwn.jpg

PS I love you all :) But this elementary school level (we just need divide - thats all). There is no deeper philosophy / no wonder... :(

Last edited:

Twisted Vaping

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My uncle brother taught me core supposed to be 3x decore thats all i no! Yeeehaw!

Yeah, exactly the amount of Math i Need for Aliens.
For Exemple my Last Fraliens (not postet yet) with 6x 0.3 ribbon and 29Ga frames.
6x0.1 = 0.6mm (Vertical thickness of one ribbon Stack is 0.1mm)
2x0.3 = 0.6mm (29GA wire is 0.3mm thick)
Means 1.2mm wide. Divided By three is 0.4mm or 26GA

So used 26GA for Decore Wire and it worked Perfect.

Its easy als 3:1 and workes everytime.

TooCruel

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, exactly the amount of Math i Need for Aliens.
For Exemple my Last Fraliens (not postet yet) with 6x 0.3 ribbon and 29Ga frames.
6x0.1 = 0.6mm (Vertical thickness of one ribbon Stack is 0.1mm)
2x0.3 = 0.6mm (29GA wire is 0.3mm thick)
Means 1.2mm wide. Divided By three is 0.4mm or 26GA

So used 26GA for Decore Wire and it worked Perfect.

Its easy als 3:1 and workes everytime.

Exactly so your alpha is 3 and it is between 2 and 4 :)
And now if you want bigger angles ... you divide by for example 2.2-2.5 ... bigger 3-3.5. Now at least known where did this 3 come from :) ?

Thatch760

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice work. They sitting in the wondervape? One of the rda's I'm using myself. How's the vape for you? I find it to be quite a hot RDA myself with most of the builds I've thrown in it

Ya its the wondervape. Its a nice vape not to hot. Ive used the build in the captian an the wondervape mech an love it.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So say how you calculate eg initial clapton for 4, 5, 6 cores, or cores + ribbons? Or SAliens with 2-3 cores, and loose sides?
Eg: These wider quadro aliens between mohawk:
14JPG_qhseapw.jpg

2 x 0,25mm cores inside. How would you calculate initial clapton for this project without alpha or similar simplifications?

Edit: Last drawing / paper version:
IMG201709_qhseqwn.jpg

PS I love you all :) But this elementary school level (we just need divide - thats all). There is no deeper philosophy / no wonder... :(

I think I'm getting it slowly but surely. You're talking about the angle of the individual wraps, right?

Twisted Vaping

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Exactly so your alpha is 3 and it is between 2 and 4 :)
And now if you want bigger angles ... you divide by for example 2.2-2.5 ... bigger 3-3.5. Now at least known where did this 3 come from :) ?
Yeah, got it. Since you want more complex Builds you Need more complex calculations :xD: i experienced it myself, since i Used a bigger decore i got more aggressive waves but running the Risk of getting loose wraps.

The smallest gauge i Used for Aliens, 42GA was the hardest one but worked well with a litte bigger decore.

Twisted Vaping

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Post more of your builds TV. I'm really liking your designs. :)

I assume you don't use as much tension on these staggered builds as you would on a regular clapton? That's what it looks like to me at least.
Thanks !
No you can't use too much tension since you risk to Twist your cores.

I prefer a quite loose staggering to Make fusing more "flexible".

Made these SSFC recently,
29G Frames, 8ply 0.4x0.08, 38G Stagger and 42G Fuse. All [email protected] Ohms.

Made ONE damn mistake i didnt recognize till wrapping. Im getting to old for everything thinner than 40G LOL
IMG_8543.JPG

Twisted Vaping

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh since we Talk staggering.
I don't know if someone tried this before, but i went Crazy with staggering. Made Five pieces of staggered cores and aligned them in the Chuck like this IMG_8549.JPG
An der then PATIENCE and SLOOOOW

as usual for complex staggering i Made fully loose wraps and Had no secure as ribbon sliders, tape or glue. To prevent the ends of the cores to flip around and hurting me, and a swivel wont work, i used the "straw Trick"

IMG_8544.JPG

And i LOVE the result. The finished coils a like a Metal sponge and wick like Crazy. By the way, Used 29Ga cores and 38g wrap. 7 wraps come out to 0.17 Ohm.

I think i would call them "Cake Staggers" ROFL

IMG_8545.JPG IMG_8547.JPG IMG_8548.JPG

Last edited:

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After seeing your great builds, I started getting the itch again, and I'm getting rather impatient waiting on my SS wire (I hope Hurricane Irma didn't fuck things up... Lightning Vapes is in Florida, correct?), so I decided to make these spaced twisters. They're vastly inferior to what you guys are doing, but they do work well for me in the absence of wrap wire for my usual claptons. These are coming out to around .18 ohms. (I always try to stay around .15 to .2 for safety's sake. Not that I'm worried about my batteries venting on a regulated mod, but I'm just getting into the practice because I like to vape the juice I'm using at around 95w. This build would be safe on an unregulated device; I'm pushing about 23 amps, rounding up to the nearest half-ohm, again for safety's sake, and I'm using 25-amp LG batteries.)

DSCN0478[1].JPG

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dont worry....theres more

CoilMaster Genesis RDTA....

21295222_617294851991422_1213134570979852288_n.jpg
21294796_333683140409770_6684816717312425984_n.jpg
21224731_128389754454554_7304676778407100416_n.jpg
21224291_722726971185214_6002825092378132480_n.jpg
20901865_1435709519842737_2366651547032485888_n.jpg

Conspiracy RDA with another CSSFC, similar to the one I entered for CoilWars back in the day.

21294428_1545127058879716_3598881791718457344_n.jpg
21224233_1902408190021949_3976285279597101056_n.jpg
21227522_1386798964702190_1069320395686936576_n.jpg
21294383_349710018809791_193605426212765696_n.jpg
21227066_2503870932972557_3229619315565133824_n.jpg

Some shots of my favorite gear...Dead Rabbit RDA and my 20700 Parallel Squonker...

21480461_170308343538959_1216660043345166336_n.jpg
21373076_347589452346736_5233851373153419264_n.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
:xD:

@raymo2u
What about the Fumytech Vendetta RDA to Stick up Next ? :)
By the way sick Crazy builds as always :) would you vape the so horny RDA with this Setup Or would it murder your mouth :cheers:
View attachment 91274
I dont have that RDA but its deck looks very similar to the Vaporous RDA

The So Horney was only .05 Ohms...you could vape it....but you probably would feel like you were vaping a Acetylene Torch

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Currently vaping on these. Tried to make a couple Aliens, but the wraps got stuck on the wire, hence the uneven wrapping. Decided to cut my losses and just settle for these, as I don't like to waste wire if I don't have to.

DSCN0483[2].JPG

EDIT: Just put a single 26g Ni200/38g SS sleeper-clapton into my other mod. Running that baby in TC mode, and the vape is great - if you can get the coils working. Unfortunately, I couldn't get them to work in my RX200, but they work perfectly fine in my Hohm Slice, so Nickel seems to be very picky about which mods it will work in for some reason. These are registering at 0.1 ohms. Not my usual comfort zone, but w/e. My battery is rated for 32.3 amps and I'm running it at 28.5, estimated to the next-highest half ohm, so I'm not too worried. It won't beat my other setup for tricks, but it was kind of interesting to try something new.

DSCN0484[2].JPG

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am brand new to RDTA world, but I would like to move from my wismec premade 0.5 ohm coils which I using on 40/50 watt to this awesome ijoy combo and start to build. Which type of coil or wire you guys recommend for great flavour and beautiful clouds?
For example this would be a good option:
FUSED CLAPTON COILS 316L SS 28GX2/40G 3mm 5wraps

Found it here: https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/
Thx a lot in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors