Become a Patron!

post your builds and get help perfecting it

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well I had a couple of goes this morning on the Aliens with Ni80 28*2/36 and the first attempt was a complete fail.
View attachment 122256

My second attempt seemed so much better but due to having dry skin through plastering the 38 just wouldn't slip through my fingers well enough and started to annoy me and I didn't get far enough to make one full coil
View attachment 122257

But in all honesty I would be happy enough to vape with it
View attachment 122258

I could do with something that I could hold between my fingers that would let it pass through well enough and keep the tension there.....anyone got any suggestions?

Firstly, for a 2x28 alien, you are making your decore on a 30g core right?

Secondly, I like to stretch almost to the max so little tension is needed, and make a triangle between my thumb and the inside of my first index knuckle...like this:

IMG_20181021_103202~2.jpg

I've had best luck keeping the decore sliding consistently this way

I've heard of some folks using nitrile gloves. @VAPEROXX or @Pegleg Meg any hints?

The nitrile gloves is an idea for like super high gauges, like 50, havent tried them yet though

Built this tonight... first attempt at anything like this... not as tight as I would like and I goofed the spacing a couple of times, but I'm happy with it for a first attempt... it vapes amazingly well!!

Twisted 28g framing .5 ribbon x5 and helixed with 38g... would probably helix with a slightly bigger wire next time.

Ohms at .14 as a single
Stapled Helix.JPG

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like it.....Nice colors....
Built this tonight... first attempt at anything like this... not as tight as I would like and I goofed the spacing a couple of times, but I'm happy with it for a first attempt... it vapes amazingly well!!

Twisted 28g framing .5 ribbon x5 and helixed with 38g... would probably helix with a slightly bigger wire next time.

Ohms at .14 as a single
View attachment 122792

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well my third practice on the aliens and they've come out a little better. Just going to keep at it when I'm allowed 5 minutes to myself.....

I haven't tried aliens yet... I have the Patino's alien makers but so far I've only used them in 3 and 4 core fused claptons (they work really well for this)… aliens are intimidating to me for some reason... lol

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My first attempt at the alien... managed to get enough for a 6 wrap out of 12'' of wire... lol

38g SS316 over 28g SS316
View attachment 122987
Very nice!
We'll get there one day bro and we will be knocking them out really fast and perfect!
You'd be surprised just how true this statement is. Once you get the basics down, you'll be able to make aliens with the drill going full speed.

Many thanks to you all especially @Pegleg Meg for telling me to use a 30g for the decor as it was really easy. My fifth attempt because the dog came in for a nosey on my fourth. They just need straightening out once my nylon pliers eventually arrive.

2018-11-04%2013.23.37_zpsw2mglh7y.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Many thanks to you all especially @Pegleg Meg for telling me to use a 30g for the decor as it was really easy. My fifth attempt because the dog came in for a nosey on my fourth. They just need straightening out once my nylon pliers eventually arrive.

2018-11-04%2013.23.37_zpsw2mglh7y.jpg

Right on! I usually just coil them up if they're twisted, just going carefully and untwisting it as I coil

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A triple ohming at .13 all stainless steel (3) core......(3)28g SS 316L/36g SS
70e32f709147c3f83eb16f2c6c4746de.jpg
f4058e03eaf37a226af367ac3cef84fa.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then it's not SS316L brother. I've done the math every which way. Not possible to get that resistance from those coils in SS316L.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/
They work in temp control correct.... And the material colors blue like stainless And I get (6) pairs for $10 bucks.....

So for me they are sufficient...... Specially the way I go through coils.... The box is so you can see the dimensions of the wire.......
a4a27ee9f22159b2601ecb4dd9130a34.jpg

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They work in temp control correct.... And the material colors blue like stainless And I get (6) pairs for $10 bucks.....

So for me they are sufficient...... Specially the way I go through coils.... The box is so you can see the dimensions of the wire.......

That's .13 ohms each. And as unreliable coil builders usually do, or should I say, DON'T, they don't specify SS316L, SS317, SS430, etc. You might rethink from whom you purchase your coils...just trying to help ya. And those are 5.5 wraps. Not 6.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I'm really curious as to how you're getting 0.13Ω off of 3 coils when they're rated 0.13Ω each.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm thinking they're listed 0.13Ω as a pair, because I'm getting a little over 0.26Ω/pair on SE. But I'm basing that on the length of the coil legs (about 15mm) BEFORE installation. After installation, they're more like 2mm.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I tried cleaning and burning and brushing and straight and push and pull......

I like just loosening screws and tighten them with new....

Bada bim Bada Buum.......

Yeah, a lot of people put far too much effort into cleaning their coils. I just pull out the wick, dry burn the coil and blow off the residue, re-wick and I'm good. Like I said, one set of coils lasted over 6 months doing only this.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@MannyScoot I wonder, did you have a different tank, with dual coils, on the Boxer before the Triple, and locked the ohms before you swapped tanks?

Have you seen the cores color up, or just the 36g alien wrap?
I just put it on several g classes and in several DNA mods and they all read

I saw the entire coil turn blue..... All of it...... And the builder guarantee me it is 100 % SS 316L wire

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just put it on several g classes and in several DNA mods and they all read

I saw the entire coil turn blue..... All of it...... And the builder guarantee me it is 100 % SS 316L wire

You use these coils a lot right, what do they ohm in dual coil atties?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Then he lied to you. Or he's using subpar SS316L. You cannot change the physical properties of an alloy without making a separate alloy.

VU Sponsors