Become a Patron!

Post screws killing me

whoevenknows

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My ohms have been jumping around. I have a .2 ohm build on my phenotype-l. I keep tightening the screws, which can last anywhere from two hours if I'm lucky, to one hit. I have rebuilt the coil three times now, being sure the wires (two post dual coil so two wires per post) are parallel and not cris-cross, hoping that is more secure. I found in my tool kit a pair of extra crews that fit that were from a different rda, and that worked but it gave a very funny metal taste which I am not pleased about. I am at the end of my rope here. My local b&m doesn't have replacement screws. I don't want to just go to ace because God knows what the screws will be made of. Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I never had this problem w/ the pheontype until last night. I had to retighten the negative screw twice. It hasn't moved on me since. I know for me sometimes the wires move around or expand when you're dry firing. I try to tighten them a few times during the dry firing process. Last night i forgot to, but it usually prevents the problem from occurring. I think it helps to tighten em down while the wires are hot, since they're softer. Good luck!!

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I replaced ALL my screws with good quality stainless flat point hex grub screws from Mrmetric.com
Sizes for MOST rdAs vary from 2, 2.5, and 3mm in size. Height is from 3-5mm
I bought a dozen of each size and length for like 30 bucks total. I'm Set for quite a while. They Never loosen, never clip lead.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I replaced ALL my screws with good quality stainless flat point hex grub screws from Mrmetric.com
I bought a dozen of each size and length for like 30 bucks total. I'm Set for quite a while. They Never loosen, never clip lead.
Nice! I've been looking for a shop like that, 'cause I occasionally need some metric screws/bolts for my R/C Helicopters, as well as for Attys.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did the same thing. Got em here. Just plain old stainless steel hex grubs. Little game-changers is what they are to me.

I was having the same problem that you described with both of my Mutation X's (v3 and v4.) I got sick of the constant adjusting and occasionally snapping wire trying to get it to sit snug and make a good connection. When you have to wrap 6 coils and spend 30 minutes tweaking screws to get a simple dual 24g up and running, you know something is wrong! All it took was two sets of 4mm long, 2.5mm x 0.45mm hex grubs to completely eliminate that problem.

It baffles me, just how many atties out there are an absolute nightmare to build on because of something so minuscule and hard to screw up.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Proper grub screws, replacement battery wrappers, threaded atty stands and various other odds and ends are some of the small things I wish my local shops would stock. The little things can make all the difference.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Proper grub screws, replacement battery wrappers, threaded atty stands and various other odds and ends are some of the small things I wish my local shops would stock. The little things can make all the difference.
+1 not to forget the various o-rings.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got a whole tackle box of those little odds and ends and they come in handy so many times!!! (Esp when buddies need something fixed)

Bottom line though a good collection of quality hex screws will change your level of patience in building overnight!

VU Sponsors