Member For 4 Years
I'm baaack
6fd8d5e24f63ed6815561cfbbdb76979.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had to bust out the drag to make sure I still liked the chip, and remember how to use the menu/modes, since the Pulse 80w I want next month uses the same chip.

Well, what’s the verdict? Does gene still do it for you? :inlove:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, what’s the verdict? Does gene still do it for you? :inlove:
I am vaping it right now actually with a single coil SS 0.24 ohm build. It sucked at first with the default tcr of 1300 but once I bumped TC(SS) up to 1600 TCR (their numbers are dumb) it is much better. I even went back into the desktop software and re-enabled the TC(R) mode to try a TCR of 1800 on my AVS SS coils (which is above the max TCR for SS mode) to try and get it more like what I am used to with the RSQ's with the 22mm atty's and 0.35 ohm build. I can't tell much difference between 1600 and 1800 TCR with this 0.24 ohm coil but at least it is more my speed for now. Next on the list is some spare duplicate atty's so I can try the same atty with the same coil on the RSQ vs the Drag with similar builds and pre-heats.

I imagine both would ramp faster if I wasn't using single coil (triple?) fused claptons with so much mass but I spent a pretty penny for all these AVS pre-made coils so I can't be bothered to wind my own simple SS coils.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am vaping it right now actually with a single coil SS 0.24 ohm build. It sucked at first with the default tcr of 1300 but once I bumped TC(SS) up to 1600 TCR (their numbers are dumb) it is much better. I even went back into the desktop software and re-enabled the TC(R) mode to try a TCR of 1800 on my AVS SS coils (which is above the max TCR for SS mode) to try and get it more like what I am used to with the RSQ's with the 22mm atty's and 0.35 ohm build. I can't tell much difference between 1600 and 1800 TCR with this 0.24 ohm coil but at least it is more my speed for now. Next on the list is some spare duplicate atty's so I can try the same atty with the same coil on the RSQ vs the Drag with similar builds and pre-heats.

I imagine both would ramp faster if I wasn't using single coil (triple?) fused claptons with so much mass but I spent a pretty penny for all these AVS pre-made coils so I can't be bothered to wind my own simple SS coils.
The shape, all corners and angles and less than 24mm width, and the inability to adjust wattage in TC mode up to where I like it killed the Drag for me. I still have mine in rotation, but I only use it with SS316L round wide builds or in wattage mode. In those two modes, the Drag is nothing special IMNSHO.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The shape, all corners and angles and less than 24mm width, and the inability to adjust wattage in TC mode up to where I like it killed the Drag for me. I still have mine in rotation, but I only use it with SS316L round wide builds or in wattage mode. In those two modes, the Drag is nothing special IMNSHO.

Traded my Drag away fast. Too boxy. Meh TC. Hyped to shit IMHO. But to each their own.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

yeah it has me re-thinking the new pulse 80w squonk box and I am leaning towards a few more of the rsq until the rage squonk is widely available (assuming that proprietary chip is well reviewed in tc mode).

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah it has me re-thinking the new pulse 80w squonk box and I am leaning towards a few more of the rsq until the rage squonk is widely available (assuming that proprietary chip is well reviewed in tc mode).
I think the rage also uses a "gene" chip. Not sure if its the same as the one in the drag.

https://www.vaporrange.com/OhmBoyOC-Rage-155W-Squonk-Mod-p/ohmboyoc-rage-155w-squonk.htm

Product Specifications:

• Dimensions: 51mm x 25mm x 82mm
  • Weight: 243 grams