Become a Patron!

Post pictures of your setups!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Absolutely Jerus!! I almost added some to my recent order of 25Rs (third batch I've ordered, solid ass batteries) and I'm kicking myself that I didn't, strictly for use in the noisy cricket!!! Next time I get some extra vape funds...

Matt
Yeah I picked up a set of HB2s with my latest mech purchase, just the more I read on the VTC4's I'd rather have some leeway, bad news is low mAH good news is they charge quickly.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Samsung/Sony/LG are the most consistent batteries. MXJO/Imren/Efest don't give the important ratings, the continuous discharge rating. If you only use the pulse rating you might end up on the news, using the Continuous rating is the best bet. According to Mooch (battery guru) the MXJO 35amps are really 20amp rating and 25amp max. This chart is useful.

View attachment 43919
There is so much misinformation posted about 18650's it's scary Jerus. Companies really need to print the CDR rating on their batteries. They can put the Pulse rating on too in very small print if they insist. I also shy away from re-wrappers, you never can be positive what you are going to get.

This is what people need to know (not talking to you Jerus because you already do lol). As the CDR increases, the mah decreases. There is no such animal as a 40 amp CDR 3100mah 18650 in existence.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I picked up a set of HB2s with my latest mech purchase, just the more I read on the VTC4's I'd rather have some leeway, bad news is low mAH good news is they charge quickly.
Indeed. I think I'll wait til I can afford two sets. With the LUC charger I can throw them on the charger at 2.0 amps and get it fully charger as fast as my phone, which is quite quick...

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is so much misinformation posted about 18650's it's scary Jerus. Companies really need to print the CDR rating on their batteries. They can put the Pulse rating on too in very small print if they insist. I also shy away from re-wrappers, you never can be positive what you are going to get.

This is what people need to know (not talking to you Jerus because you already do lol). As the CDR increases, the mah decreases. There is no such animal as a 40 amp CDR 3100mah 18650 in existence.
No kidding.

The unfortunate thing I see that really gets me riled up is the rewraps.

All these companies selling grade B or C Q&A throw aways from larger companies with labels such as "40 amp cloud chasing batteries"

I cannot stand this local B&M, but the last time I was in there (and that's the last time ever) they were only selling VTC4s which I know to be fake after examining one, and those "SubOhm Cells" that have some ridiculous ratings on them.

People buy them up! I see them posted on social media, etc. It's a grenade waiting to blow when you're using them on high powered regulated devices and ANY mech be it single tube, parallel, or series boxes... Ugh.

Stick to the big 3, and if you want, Panasonic. Though I've never tried them.

Matt

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The hell are you talking about? Expired?? Those are his newest spec sheets, 2 of them having testing done less then 2 months old...I didnt know battery specs expired.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458102678.638333.jpg
Next to last box!
Lower right hand corner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
View attachment 43926
Next to last box!
Lower right hand corner

While I, and others, appreciate the attention to detail there... The specs do not expire just because Mooch put a time table on his charts. Whatever reason Mooch has for doing this we will not know without asking him.

But the information in these charts is solid, and it's content will not change because his chart says "check my page after this date for more updates..."

A battery in the chart still performs the same, but he may have planned on having an updated chart by Jan 31, 2016 that maybe included more tests per battery or more batteries in general...

The info still holds up, regardless.

Matt

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That just defines when he is updating with new information on newly tested batteries...under the "Expiration Date" tells you the newest is available at his blah, blah, blah...the specs are still valid...
OK, no need to get upset, I'm just calling it as I noticed, that's all.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK, no need to get upset, I'm just calling it as I noticed, that's all.

Like I said... No one's upset. I almost promise...

Thank you. Like I said, for paying attention. Lol. Most of us don't pay that close attention, or just didn't feel it worth the mention as explained.. But nonetheless no harm no foul

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hehehe... Those of us serious about those "crazy builds" tend to reallllly care about battery safety, this topic can really get going...

However all who vape should share this firey passion for this topic as we all share one thing in common whether we use tubes, Mech boxes or regulated devices -- the batteries that power them. It is insanely important to know what you've got under the hood in these devices as we already push the limits of these high drain batteries. These batteries are not engineered toward vaping and were used for thing like custom flashlights before we got ahold of them

A solid understanding of batteries and ohms law should ensure at least bottom end vape safety...

Matt

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hehehe... Those of us serious about those "crazy builds" tend to reallllly care about battery safety, this topic can really get going...

However all who vape should share this firey passion for this topic as we all share one thing in common whether we use tubes, Mech boxes or regulated devices -- the batteries that power them. It is insanely important to know what you've got under the hood in these devices as we already push the limits of these high drain batteries. These batteries are not engineered toward vaping and were used for thing like custom flashlights before we got ahold of them

A solid understanding of batteries and ohms law should ensure at least bottom end vape safety...

Matt
I can completely understand and appreciate that. I was just merely chuckling about his humor

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a very informative thread as a newbie to vaping. I usually go by what my nephew recommends to me being an engineer he does intensive research about everything before he commits to it. So this is very interesting to see other views and perspectives.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
All you have to do is ask a question about 18650's as your first question and you will get deluged with information lmao :p:D
Lmao. Yet I still look at the new posts in the battery junkies subforum because there's always something to learn.

I was there once, not too long ago.

Couldn't figure out a good battery for my IPV 3 Li...

Now that people put info in front of me and I did more research I have no hesitation reccomending the 25R, I love them enough to trust my face with them every day...

Mooch was a god send, no single person besides him would have put together such detailed specs and tests on all these batteries. Truly grateful.

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I believe in the 25R more then anything else Ive used...well besides the LG HB2/HB6's...Ive done some downright stupid shit with them and the same batteries are still in use today, cant even tell a difference in battery capacity from other newer cells either..

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I believe in the 25R more then anything else Ive used...well besides the LG HB2/HB6's...Ive done some downright stupid shit with them and the same batteries are still in use today, cant even tell a difference in battery capacity from other newer cells either..
I ordered two new pair the other week and I've had them in my hands for 2 weeks or so... Still haven't used them... My 6 month old pairs are still going strong...

Matt

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where do you guys usually order your batteries from?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Couldn't agree more. I will say I always like to mention that batteries can be pushed, it's simply entering the danger zone. I just don't want someone to see these "hard" rules and then find out that they aren't so hard set and disregard them. Last thing I want is someone disregarding the advice as lies. To those reading this, yes you can push batteries past the CDR, no it is not advised, but that's where the pulse ratings come into play(we don't have that for the vast majority of batteries because it takes killing dozens of batteries to create a chart and then even that is misleading due to the inherent variations in production). Simpelist way to stay safe is use the CDR then if you forget to lock your mod or it accidently unlocks in your pocket you won't be blowing up just maybe a little burn. if your Pin gets stuck again no kablooey just "fuck it's hot". And as long as you're not using damaged or expired batteries you won't be showing up on the news.

I just know I would have appreciated that type of honesty in other facets and choices I've made rather than strict rules that were simply lies but well intentioned and I rather have followed.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where do you guys usually order your batteries from?

Liion wholesale

Liionwholesale.com

Always. 100% of the time, all the time. Never fakes, always great prices great shipping customer service. Everything you could ask for when purchasing batteries to trust your face with. Always Liion.

Never. Ever. Ever. Trust eBay for batteries. Or you may be using a computer to talk like Steven Hawking...

Matt

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just throwing it out there, LG series are great too, for regulated mods the HE series are superb with the high mAH and 20amp rating, and then the HB series are the safest 30amps out there, and nothing is higher htan a 30amp, they don't exist, it's all a lie!

I went battery shopping today -- thx to the battery subforum, found a link to liion and got some Lg HE2s for a superb price... plus that free battery box!

Andria

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Couldn't agree more. I will say I always like to mention that batteries can be pushed, it's simply entering the danger zone. I just don't want someone to see these "hard" rules and then find out that they aren't so hard set and disregard them. Last thing I want is someone disregarding the advice as lies. To those reading this, yes you can push batteries past the CDR, no it is not advised, but that's where the pulse ratings come into play(we don't have that for the vast majority of batteries because it takes killing dozens of batteries to create a chart and then even that is misleading due to the inherent variations in production). Simpelist way to stay safe is use the CDR then if you forget to lock your mod or it accidently unlocks in your pocket you won't be blowing up just maybe a little burn. if your Pin gets stuck again no kablooey just "fuck it's hot". And as long as you're not using damaged or expired batteries you won't be showing up on the news.

I just know I would have appreciated that type of honesty in other facets and choices I've made rather than strict rules that were simply lies but well intentioned and I rather have followed.
But what about my super secret depleted uranium 50A CD/6000Mah Efests??? I find it a insult to logic that you would discard such a wondrous cell of science:D;)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But what about my super secret depleted uranium 50A CD/6000Mah Efests??? I find it a insult to logic that you would discard such a wondrous cell of science:D;)
With Californium coils? (Ok I have no idea how realistic that is I just like that element).

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I'll post the rest of mine later, but my current set up :cool:
*Custom Un-Regulated Squonker* in a Sigelei 100w Shell
*NO Mosfet Needed either*
+
Bottom Fed Tobeco Velocity RDA @.25ohms

Attachments

• DSCF1455.JPG
    DSCF1455.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 55
  • DSCF1456.JPG
    DSCF1456.JPG
    915.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF1454.JPG
    DSCF1454.JPG
    999.1 KB · Views: 61

Tom_Pulliam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's like anything else, really; I've got quite a few knives in my kitchen that I keep RAZOR sharp. Dangerous? Of course they are, if mishandled! But when used properly by someone who knows how to use them, they're merely efficient tools. And there's chlorine bleach in my laundry room, too -- obviously that could be dangerous to colored clothes, or to anyone who drank it -- but when used properly...?

Big Nanny has much to answer for, making Americans so fucking frightened of every little thing, ohhh it's DANGEROUS, so get rid of it quick! Morons. The human brain is a marvelous thing, allowing us to learn how to deal with "dangerous" things quite safely.

Andria
Very well put couldn't have said it better myself

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Everytime I sit here and think I have too many toys I have to remember that you exist Raymo. I'm just sitting with 5 of them in front of me, though I need another regulated or two for some toppers I have then I can just run all my favorite flavors all the time :D

Fern2987

Member For 4 Years
I ordered two new pair the other week and I've had them in my hands for 2 weeks or so... Still haven't used them... My 6 month old pairs are still going strong...

Matt
I just bought some imren. Its the onluly ones they had at my local vape shop. I hate ordering online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just bought some imren. Its the onluly ones they had at my local vape shop. I hate ordering online.

I understand the concern, but you get a better battery for cheaper by going to something like Liionwholesale or imren. Either way just make sure you check Mooch's chart for what you have, treat it for what it is and it won't be an issue, treat it as labeled and well, see you on the news :D

Fern2987

Member For 4 Years
I understand the concern, but you get a better battery for cheaper by going to something like Liionwholesale or imren. Either way just make sure you check Mooch's chart for what you have, treat it for what it is and it won't be an issue, treat it as labeled and well, see you on the news :D
Why would i be on the news. Trust me if the vape blows up on me i wont call the news. I wont even say it was a vape. Ill make up some random thing. Lol

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I definitely want to cut down on my mods. I have too many that I never use anymore. I want to streamline down to about seven very high end mods and be done with it. I even know which I want to end up with ...

IPV5 (already have it) - it just hits great
Lethal Tripple (need one) - i need the tripple and want the best - no rx200 or clone tri equis.
Hexohm V2 ( need one) - had one and traded iot like a fool. I miss it.
Cuboid ( have one) - again hits real hard
26650 Copper tube mod (have one) - have two and will lose one
Vaporflask Stout - (have one) need a small potable mod
Boxer, Swoop or Sm Mini Q class ( need one) - love the YIHI chips)

I have a bunch of mods to get rid of - old isticks - 100 watts and 30 watts, old D2, Snow Wolf 1.5, Kanger 50 watt, clone Castigator, clone Dos Equis, some tube mods to start. Would trade any of them for one Hex Ohm, Boxer or Lethal. Would trade them all for the right mod. Some of my mods are with family now. My wife took my CoV mini volt, my son took my 150TC Sigelei, my best mate took my Colonial. My old kanger Kbox and D3 are on loan. That's okay. As long as they get used, right?

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why would i be on the news. Trust me if the vape blows up on me i wont call the news. I wont even say it was a vape. Ill make up some random thing. Lol

Just a bad dark joke, nothing serious except for it being dangerous to use Imren/Efest/MXJO at the amp levels written on them.

Fern2987

Member For 4 Years
Just a bad dark joke, nothing serious except for it being dangerous to use Imren/Efest/MXJO at the amp levels written on them.
Really? Ah man. I tought imren were good?? Oh well ill use them on my sig fuchai. What batteries should i get for my noisy cricket?

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Really? Ah man. I tought imren were good?? Oh well ill use them on my sig fuchai. What batteries should i get for my noisy cricket?

Stick with the big 3 for anything unregulated or regulated past 100 watts. Samsung 25Rs, Sony VTC 4 or 5's, or LG HE or HB series.

I would not suggest any other site but imren or liionwholesale.com for any battery purchase. I even suggest staying away from B&Ms as they may have pure intentions but even they can sell knock off batteries. I know the Shop everyone frequents in my area sells fake VTC 4s.

I would recommend those two vendors above to purchase any batteries as they are guaranteed to be authentic and they have better prices than I've ever seen in a local Shop.

For the noisy cricket you can't go wrong with any of the mentioned batteries. I wouldn't trust a rewrap of any quality in a device as powerful as the Noisy Cricket that runs series.

Matt

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

They're ok, just all those brands don't advertise the CDR they advertise an often false max discharge. Just follow Mooch's chart when you buy those brands and you're ok. In the end though at least in the stores I've seen you're spending over $10 a battery on those, I'v even heard of close to $20. The online stores suggested sell the batteries at $5-7 each plus shipping, in the end I'll drop like $15ish when I buy a pair (and they come with a nice plastic case for travel).

Really wish the local shops would just carry the LG's/Samsungs but those other brands package and set themselves up for retail better I guess.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everytime I sit here and think I have too many toys I have to remember that you exist Raymo. I'm just sitting with 5 of them in front of me, though I need another regulated or two for some toppers I have then I can just run all my favorite flavors all the time :D

Yeah... I'm really wishing it was still possible to buy Achilles clones; I'm about to mix a new flavor, and I'll have to vape it in a Magma, which is just too airy. *sigh* I need to win a lottery so i can buy a genuine Achilles 2; at $90 USD, winning a lottery is the only way I could afford one.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They're ok, just all those brands don't advertise the CDR they advertise an often false max discharge. Just follow Mooch's chart when you buy those brands and you're ok. In the end though at least in the stores I've seen you're spending over $10 a battery on those, I'v even heard of close to $20. The online stores suggested sell the batteries at $5-7 each plus shipping, in the end I'll drop like $15ish when I buy a pair (and they come with a nice plastic case for travel).

Really wish the local shops would just carry the LG's/Samsungs but those other brands package and set themselves up for retail better I guess.

Yep.. I bought a pair of LG HE2s yesterday from liion, less than $12 including shipping, and get a free battery box. Can't beat it with a STICK -- AND I got to pay via Paypal, so it's completely safe.

When people say they don't feel safe, ordering online, I just look at 'em funny. :D

Andria

Fern2987

Member For 4 Years
I didnt say i didnt feel safe buying online. I just hate the wait time.

VU Sponsors