Become a Patron!

Post a Picture Any Picture (that you took)

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

d63b009bcd744cfb6f91095aaae72962.jpg

Beautiful.

b8433a0bfcbb8e27cd63689d35de64dc.jpg

Well I didn’t take that , mom did , in 1993. I started the Jeep infatuation as a toddler. I was driving my 1 year old brother around the basement for hours. LOL

I got my Wrangler in 2015 after my 3 week old 2016 Frontier was totaled by a **** who ran a flashing red light. I took these pictures. I then said no more trucks , I’m finally getting what I always wanted.

60ecb27513229455abbfd313701f4019.jpg

The frame was toast. Totaled @476mi

And now,

446f4b16de58327db43e4183af3a8faa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm just getting into learning the in & outs of the DSLR cameras (aperture settings, shutter speed, etc.). I have a Nikon D3300 with the standard 18-55mm VR DX II AF-S lens, and a Nikon D5300 using the Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G macro lens.

Any advice for a newbie?

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just getting into learning the in & outs of the DSLR cameras (aperture settings, shutter speed, etc.). I have a Nikon D3300 with the standard 18-55mm VR DX II AF-S lens, and a Nikon D5300 using the Nikkor 40mmf/2.8G macro lens.

Any advice for a newbie?
Step 1.) Take more pictures, and more, and more.
Put your camera in manual mode and everyday take at least 1 picture.(with no flash) Even on the day when it's raining or snowing and you don't want to do anything, take a picture. It can be a can of shaving cream on the bathroom counter or a marble stuck in the mud outside it doesn't matter.
This will teach you iso very quickly (indoor high iso, outdoors low iso) and you will start balancing shutter speed and aperture with your iso setting.
Each day critique your photos, on what should you have done different. Save all of these pictures and review them after 30 days and 60 days and you will already see improvement. In 6 months to a year you will be amazed by your improvement.

Step 2.) See step 1.

Post a picture in this thread everyday and let us see those photos.
I've seen a lot of good photos on this site and I'm sure you will get plenty of advice and help on improving each days photo.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Step 1.) Take more pictures, and more, and more.
Put your camera in manual mode and everyday take at least 1 picture.(with no flash) Even on the day when it's raining or snowing and you don't want to do anything, take a picture. It can be a can of shaving cream on the bathroom counter or a marble stuck in the mud outside it doesn't matter.
This will teach you iso very quickly (indoor high iso, outdoors low iso) and you will start balancing shutter speed and aperture with your iso setting.
Each day critique your photos, on what should you have done different. Save all of these pictures and review them after 30 days and 60 days and you will already see improvement. In 6 months to a year you will be amazed by your improvement.

Step 2.) See step 1.

Post a picture in this thread everyday and let us see those photos.
I've seen a lot of good photos on this site and I'm sure you will get plenty of advice and help on improving each days photo.
Okay, cool. Here's a couple. The picture I liked because of the blue background, but the focus sucks. The guitar pic - I think I should have dusted it first. :eek:

They were both taken in RAW format. Any Lightroom suggestions? Thanks!

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pictures look good, and you are already spotting areas to improve, dust isn't always a bad thing.
Wish I could help with Lightroom but I've never used it, I use Photoshop CS5 and have started using On1 for it's speed (work related). Youtube will be your best friend and overwhelming for Lightroom.
But with any software start by adjusting your levels using the histogram and play with the sharpening a little. It's all about taste and we are all different, this is where you will develop your own style. From mild to wild try it all something will catch your eye.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, cool. Here's a couple. The picture I liked because of the blue background, but the focus sucks. The guitar pic - I think I should have dusted it first. :eek:

I've finally got a chance to look at the full size images.
Both pictures have a lot of noise in them (grain). A lower iso shot would clean them up quit a bit but would require a slower shutter speed or a larger aperture (smaller number).
Did you shoot these by hand or on a tripod ?. I'm guessing hand.
Here's a challenge; your next indoor shots try to keep iso between below 800 and your shutter speed above 1/60 minimum. I think you will be shocked how much light this will take.

And remember even 20 years from now you will still be chasing that perfect shot (it doesn't exist).
"You will always be your own worst critic"

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yup, by hand. I'll take one (or 2) on a tripod today.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just work

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
So many of my pictures from when I was an equipment operator say "just work".
Everyday I would send the wife a picture out the windshield of an excavator or high lift of the Lake of the Ozarks area. She worked in a office and thought my view was much better, her view still hasn't changed.
You just made me go back and look for some of them.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A little better. I really think this should've been taken outdoors, like in a park or something. Also, the birds on the PRS are fighting for attention.

dCMVpBr.jpg
I think That's a great shot, nice composition. It draws the eye right to the headstock.
Just enough blur in the background to see what's there without stealing the attention.
I'm guessing 18-55 lens, aperture about f4 or 5.6 on a tripod.

VU Sponsors