Become a Patron!

Post a Picture Any Picture (that you took)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sjuSRiU3aCSLQ3C0nsemY6UFT6rJc1-IJhIeziHbyP1NrsIgGI-0YuK3w-Wz5g3TENMwW8GV1WoYW1DliR0T4_ztYjJFKDeTJQGvmUQc2EX37BG4ha60WqHGMP96MtlHsQ88zbCb9QH57TsfPSgYkRPHwhvmmRwNKD8SuGAgJcatCtz97l6B-bUUTBWwKWTVPhSBIGY0GAG0sLjxzZ1e0q29eUjnqbatQokOh8UP02sJKxTWFlkDQa449wTEmxlbLbBuRkcT6oj-s8GOj_QBLv_QwpdbrvVQMFKnCCasza-x2c6p4atZQD4soP7C8xfd0UKnxvGu7dM3N_9_WZjCmpG4BKTBf2_wDV1rj6eIiWV00UKTx_zJ0umhc763Eja7c_FYoO2ORAml-868uBy1mA1iUoNx-VhPTsax-IaafOoEQeDEnXq4al7cNPATbiFOhoztIO4ElO_Pj_kcS3DI3ufH4nvVI0sGqROhL0xq50D7Mv9CxkdAcbZWBMVbvqvxyV_yfLIK2QavE_WXRMsuGwmVLB8UeJsFRMZM_xRkPy_bCZXdtgWI6tsOHDcF0R2i22tXDo58YurBUUEB59siMeBXLT_mRu2cH6XDJwdwoGf2dDnp_uquK20pEGDHBFj733ZNmhoBoJJy52vKoDS1mlEX=w561-h748-no

Made these a while ago and forgot about them~! Must remember to break them out Sunday with the Homemade Tomato Sauce from the last of my harvest last summer.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sjuSRiU3aCSLQ3C0nsemY6UFT6rJc1-IJhIeziHbyP1NrsIgGI-0YuK3w-Wz5g3TENMwW8GV1WoYW1DliR0T4_ztYjJFKDeTJQGvmUQc2EX37BG4ha60WqHGMP96MtlHsQ88zbCb9QH57TsfPSgYkRPHwhvmmRwNKD8SuGAgJcatCtz97l6B-bUUTBWwKWTVPhSBIGY0GAG0sLjxzZ1e0q29eUjnqbatQokOh8UP02sJKxTWFlkDQa449wTEmxlbLbBuRkcT6oj-s8GOj_QBLv_QwpdbrvVQMFKnCCasza-x2c6p4atZQD4soP7C8xfd0UKnxvGu7dM3N_9_WZjCmpG4BKTBf2_wDV1rj6eIiWV00UKTx_zJ0umhc763Eja7c_FYoO2ORAml-868uBy1mA1iUoNx-VhPTsax-IaafOoEQeDEnXq4al7cNPATbiFOhoztIO4ElO_Pj_kcS3DI3ufH4nvVI0sGqROhL0xq50D7Mv9CxkdAcbZWBMVbvqvxyV_yfLIK2QavE_WXRMsuGwmVLB8UeJsFRMZM_xRkPy_bCZXdtgWI6tsOHDcF0R2i22tXDo58YurBUUEB59siMeBXLT_mRu2cH6XDJwdwoGf2dDnp_uquK20pEGDHBFj733ZNmhoBoJJy52vKoDS1mlEX=w561-h748-no

Made these a while ago and forgot about them~! Must remember to break them out Sunday with the Homemade Tomato Sauce from the last of my harvest last summer.

That looks awesome. My Dad just gave me a huge jar of his peppers! I so want to dive into them but they're not ready! :) I plan on this summer canning since I took last year off. Lol :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That looks awesome. My Dad just gave me a huge jar of his peppers! I so want to dive into them but they're not ready! :) I plan on this summer canning since I took last year off. Lol :)

I didn't plan on making the Pickled Green Tomatoes but had so many that never ripened even in the brown paper bags. Talking with a friend he suggested it so I Googled the recipe and there they are~!

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't plan on making the Pickled Green Tomatoes but had so many that never ripened even in the brown paper bags. Talking with a friend he suggested it so I Googled the recipe and there they are~!

They look great. I'm sure you will get into those and enjoy them! I plant the steak ones here while my Dad does his 10+ variety of smaller ones. I didn't plant a garden this past year although he did. We try to split up everything and divide it out. I just had too much on me this past summer. I planted a few things this fall, broccoli, brussels and a few cabbages.

Have you tried pickled peaches? I did some last year for the first time. They were great!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I plant the steak ones here while my Dad does his 10+ variety of smaller ones.

Some of the Beafeaters I planted last year were crazy and I had a few that were 3-4 pounds~! My tomato plants in the garden got so big they broke the sticks and were 10-12 feet tall, but were laying over because my sticks weren't that tall~!

Last edited:

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of the Beafeaters I planted last year were crazy and I had a few that were 3-4 pounds~! My tomato plants in the garden go so big they broke the sticks and were 10-12 feet tall, but were laying over because my sticks weren't that tall~!

Oh goodness! Yeah, I've had similar issues like that here myself. I can never get mine to grow that big though. Need to come up with a better system here to protect from straight line winds and to build up. I might need to make a trip to Lowe's and figure out a way before the season starts. I missed out on my salsa (tomato relish, more like it) this year. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Lady is placing a foot down firmly. She tells me I become a vicious bear if I hop of the one medication. Much as I still feel I would like to get off of it, for now I'll bid time until I can sort it with the psychiatrist. I'm sure the psychologist in charge of them would let me come off any medication.

Psychologists have no medical knowledge and cannot prescribe nor recommend medications; that's a psychiatrist's job. That being the case, psychologists also have no knowledge about recommending STOPPING any meds, either. Psychiatrists are MDs with a specialty in psychiatry; psychologists are not any sort of doctor, though I suppose they might attain a PhD -- it still wouldn't give them the knowledge nor the legal right to say yay or nay about medications.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*points up, nods* Yeah, seems to be the consensus putting the senses in me. :) *hugs all around* Thanks. I am just so frustrated at times I feel the drastic is the only way. I do want off this crap. Yeah, SSRIs so as I get the dopamine feel. Well, reckon at least that helps cut pain back a bit. Still not worth the climb over the drowsiness, lethargy. If I was to do that, might as well use morphine or *expletives over medical street cars*. Of course then, I would just be Mr. Junk and I'm not gonna have that.

SSRIs don't cause lethargy or help pain, nor cause any other *perceptible* sensation; they simply allow the brain chemistry to work to its full potential, which generally alleviates depression, and Effexor also treats anxiety issues, since it works on norepinephrine as well as serotonin. Some of the newer ones may have a similar effect for treating anxiety issues.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ON Topic

New kitchen aid for cooking. So nice to not have to keep running to the stove to check on what's cooking.

6eZtAcbCLpvVt8_1tyRAKTlyQnvJgE9sDYkPW6W_jmYCYJ9CtGQjsOuUBlLxJDeOngwew8WLI2JKeGJtmc9wg8BcFpcab-wXKYrqkPrEKaMsJHUSaWFaQoVAWfFvhbih0WUCwO3MwzdzoRq_HSebsFI3wInPuzbeAdkSmJB-HR3CCKnkkR0yUnL8ELmfkL98jK04NAZbqsrKUewV_WjqBIuE43-xcUtilj0SdTWa0hLFw5K_xhKrLFgfQnTDReYHdZSR3Iee76ajfGkPkAuAun4J9_LXRyV3kQBIrQFIZwF6kXt6wYjaEllXIX04LFlHHf6VhOarwOusDZwWqhuzjhvM2xTRwbYI6BB5zuNXkOtgKgrmNvjwetAuglM_pyG2U_xS9NKFnTqKzuOiiod7_trlxdn-QOg_et0da_UsD6IZrU5GN-BbDGOmYv4DuMehl0RNaU3sQY1M6m_-rQ5nfcte2tJhdVgkFKhYBxySXDvlR1fXDDfX7kxcg_tiBBsjB5Hcy-NMLbQQM_lOWPyB2ict8Cq1uCljCWTEtjVqzdjWsuxBNmAYiE8GrOhPAB0Adg3_1R-bLcn2_MBCn_gbnIqAItP-uBK1rNGiPr-WicBai0dofgBZgXKGFiOP2nKIqRbdkTGZOg9TUD2QBviNtH3c=w561-h748-no

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Psychologists have no medical knowledge and cannot prescribe nor recommend medications; that's a psychiatrist's job. That being the case, psychologists also have no knowledge about recommending STOPPING any meds, either. Psychiatrists are MDs with a specialty in psychiatry; psychologists are not any sort of doctor

Alright well, the lady what handles the scripts is merely a PA or physician's assistant. What I was led to understand is each PA handles so many cases but is under watch of someone with capacity to reign them in if required. Figured it was psychologist as it was a psychologist before that suggested I was put onto Prozac and him what took me off of it, now if he left to a psychiatrist to do the scripts I'm not sure but I know he was "in charge" at that time. It may be he had what they say is a double shingle, both psychology and psychiatry. I only know he set starting up and it was him to stop it as well.

SSRIs don't cause lethargy or help pain, nor cause any other *perceptible* sensation; they simply allow the brain chemistry to work to its full potential, which generally alleviates depression, and Effexor also treats anxiety issues, since it works on norepinephrine as well as serotonin.

Very common (10% or more): Headache (up to 38%), dizziness (up to 20%), somnolence (up to 20%), fatigue (11%), nervousness (up to 10%)

Drugs dot Com

The most commonly observed adverse reactions in the clinical study database in Effexor XR treated patients in MDD, GAD, SAD, and PD (incidence ≥ 5% and at least twice the rate of placebo) were: nausea (30.0%), somnolence (15.3%), dry mouth (14.8%), sweating (11.4%), abnormal blah blah blah (9.9%), anorexia (9.8%), constipation (9.3%), impotence (5.3%) and decreased blah yakkity smackity (5.1%).

RxList dot Com

Granted web sites may have inaccurate information & they are not my doctor. That aside I feel confident in using these two as reference of medicines. They are normally considered rather accurate for end users as well as some in the industry and professions.

One thing both sites list is somnolence. That's a state of feeling sleepy before you go to sleep. What both sites seem to suggest is this might be a bit of an excess feeling. In simple terms if I take it before bed, sleep well, wake up but then about noon am passed out sleeping again, that's excessive. Fatigue is listed by one of the sights and that can be termed lethargy, a sense of feeling tired, exhausted mentally or physically or both.

I understand you probably have information on the drug as well. I'm not trying to stir a debate, just relaying what I've seen of information. Figure somewhere there's some subjective mismatch over what terms are used, by who and why. To me it's doesn't warrant argument. If I had letters after my name, it might but I don't so it doesn't. Hell, I'm a dumb hick not too proud to use veterinary medicines for humans just the same as for cattle, horse, dogs.

I probably would be better off walking into a forest to gather bloodroot, Jew's ear, colts foot, ginseng, mandrake and making a poultice to help ease depression and open my lungs up from a chest cold. And yes, I used to do stuff like that. Need a spare bandage? Spiderwebs and good earth soil (aka dirt). But no, got me away from nature now with all this modern webbing going around the world so the bosses can make a panopticon and their farms of people.

We all know ain't nobody smarter than these bosses nor do we got armies to resit them. Thinking we might is about silly too, even thinking we might instinctively feel something isn't right about the diet of pills is silly. Not sure what I thought there for a spell. I probably need more pills, sure, that's it. :)

"I say moo there farmer Brown, moo I say."

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I understand you probably have information on the drug as well. I'm not trying to stir a debate, just relaying what I've seen of information. Figure somewhere there's some subjective mismatch over what terms are used, by who and why.

Probably just a case of somewhat less common side effects -- 15%-20% isn't terribly common. I took Prozac for about 6 months at one point; took Effexor for about 3 yrs, many years later; neither of them caused any perceptible sensations, other than making me "feel like me again" instead of "me at the bottom of a deep dark hole." The one adverse effect that both my husband and I experienced (he also took Effexor for a while, though for a much shorter time) was what you might call "sexual dysfunction" -- we both still wanted sex, and could physically engage in it, but for both of us, it drastically diminished our orgasmic response. In his case, his depression was much milder, so when he started feeling better, and I was "better enough" that he wasn't so worried he'd get a call about a dead wife, he stopped taking it. My own depression was so dire and all-encompassing, I stayed on it till his company went out of business and we lost our medical bennies... I had *just* filled a huge prescription for high-dose Effexor, so that was when we got the big bottle of gelatin capsules and started doing the halving/halving/halving/halving business, which went on for another 18 months.

I also took Welbutrin just briefly, before they tried me on Effexor; I finally had to ixnay the Welbutrin because it caused ankle edema, which is never a good sign. But during the short time I took it, I found that it had a really interesting side effect -- though I had zero, NEGATIVE interest in quitting smoking at that time, Welbutrin enabled me to go as much as a half-hour after eating before feeling the compulsion to smoke. I thought that was pretty interesting, given my total lack of interest in quitting smoking then. Someone who was actively interested in smoking cessation could probably use that drug to great benefit.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:) Beautiful doggos & a cute kitten. The big golden doggo in the picture looks like MIL&FIL's Luna. She's Great Pyrenees and Golden Lab mix. I call her Ms. Hawn sometimes as she'll bat her pretty golden lashes at me. No pretty pictures than kittens and doggos. :)

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool pic. I used to love taking my boys to petting zoos. Now they could careless about animals except the Llama on fortnite. Lol

Is Fortnite the one that looks pixelated? I figure I have a couple more zoo years and then I’m taking him to the woods and we’ll see how that goes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is Fortnite the one that looks pixelated? I figure I have a couple more zoo years and then I’m taking him to the woods and we’ll see how that goes lol

No that's Minecraft. It's actually kinda fun if I can keep them from destroying what I build. Fortnite is the new craze. 3rd person shooter but you break trees and stuff for material to build a fort per se

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yours look better than mine. I used a large rock
8aa0d11249ea926b6a4552bc87325036.jpg

I bet it’ll still do the job, I’ve seen pics of centuries old monkeyfists and they look like what you made. I still carry a sap or blackjack lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet it’ll still do the job, I’ve seen pics of centuries old monkeyfists and they look like what you made. I still carry a sap or blackjack lol

This one is about 10inches long. Feel like David swinging at Goliath with this one

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This one is about 10inches long. Feel like David swinging at Goliath with this one

Reminds me of the slungshot from Braveheart, where he smashes the guy’s face and then jumps out the window on horseback.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Was talking to Jwill yesterday and the Conan sword was brought up so I had to take a pic of mine.

I got that sword when I was 13/14 (1998) on a family trip to Las Vegas, my Dad promised to take me to one of those girly shows but my Mom found out and put the brakes on it so I got the sword instead.

IMG_0212.jpg

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was talking to Jwill yesterday and the Conan sword was brought up so I had to take a pic of mine.

I got that sword when I was 13/14 (1998) on a family trip to Las Vegas, my Dad promised to take me to one of those girly shows but my Mom found out and put the brakes on it so I got the sword instead.

View attachment 130480

Heh. Sounds like your mom's censorship is on par with television's... no sex or nudity, but violence is JUST FINE! :giggle:

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Rude? Not at all... Truth! Very much in line with American sensibilities, that sex or nudity is OMG don't let the kids see! but violence of any kind? Sure! Just like American TV!

Andria
Exactly.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Peeking out of her covers...there were crows outside in the trees making a racket. :)

e2fh02e.jpg

IDK how those birds manage in 9F temps like this, but they do.

She looks a little like our Annabel, a gray tabby who's as spotted as she is striped! :D She'll be a year old on Valentine's Day, so she looks *now* a lot like your kitty, though in this pic she was still pretty young, I think maybe about 5-6 months:

Annabel-smlr.jpg

Does your tabby do the "chattering" thing? Annabel does, anytime she lies in front of the sliding-glass door, watching the birds! We have a bunch of Cardinals in our yard, which are also very active in winter. Our older cat, Tuxie (yeah a tuxedo kitty!) thinks the Cardinals taste delicious. :facepalm:

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She looks a little like our Annabel, a gray tabby who's as spotted as she is striped! :D She'll be a year old on Valentine's Day, so she looks *now* a lot like your kitty, though in this pic she was still pretty young, I think maybe about 5-6 months:

View attachment 131184

Does your tabby do the "chattering" thing? Annabel does, anytime she lies in front of the sliding-glass door, watching the birds! We have a bunch of Cardinals in our yard, which are also very active in winter. Our older cat, Tuxie (yeah a tuxedo kitty!) thinks the Cardinals taste delicious. :facepalm:

Andria

Aw, what a cutie. :D
Naw, she don't chatter, more like merrps, meeps and yowls. Doesn't have a meow setting. :)

I've had her going on 6yrs on the 13th of this month, and she's been a great companion. Funny thing is, I'd thought she was younger than she is. A new Vet said she's probably like 10-12 where I'd thought she was maybe 7-8yo. She's on pills now for hyperthyroidism, but still a character.
cat-on32.gif

P1020526_1280.jpg

VU Sponsors