Possible cloupor mini modifications?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am getting a cloupor mini soon. For starting out, I think I will be fine with 30w but there is the chance I may want to go to 40 or 50w in the future. I saw a video of a guy who had swappd out a 40w DNA chip. He didn't say if the DNA chip supports the cloupor mini charging board or if it supported pass through, I really want to keep it as a pass through device. Is there a firmware hack or anything else?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi mate-I just want to give some advice-I don't know if this still stands-but the first mod I wanted to get was the cloupor mini.

I was warned off of that mod, as apparently they were known for setting fire if you used USB charging. I don't use USB charging on none of my mods,excepet the Smowell 50W that I hardly use, but I was still warned away from that mod. It seemed so common that they showed me various pictures and said they had been "cloupored".

It may now be perfectly safe-but when I started literally everybody warned me away from it, and I made a last minute switch from that to the Sigelei 30W mini, which still works now.

I know you plan on modifying-but I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to a fellow vaper.

Please,if anyone knows that the cloupor mini has been changed let me know, and I can know its an OK mod to use.

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I myself lf have done the research. The issue was caused by charging on laptops, and only affected a very small percentage, 0.1-0.2% of a batch. They have fixed them. There is also a way to test the device. You put any atomizer on and fire it for a full 15 seconds. If you get an error message "too hot" its defective. If you don't get an error message, you're good. This happened when it first came out, and its been nearly a year since it was released. I don't doubt that you were shown a bunch of pictures, but from what I am reading the number of potential incidents vs actual incidents was blown out of proportion. If I do happen to get a defective mod, the only thing to do is not use the USB charger. I have a wall charger I can charge my batteries with, so its not a huge concern other than disappointment I may suffer over not being able to use the pass through. But thank you for your concern, I do appreciate it.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And I'm not quite sure if I do plan on modding it just yet, right now I'm just trying to gather more info besides one sketchy YouTube video.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I myself lf have done the research. The issue was caused by charging on laptops, and only affected a very small percentage, 0.1-0.2% of a batch. They have fixed them. There is also a way to test the device. You put any atomizer on and fire it for a full 15 seconds. If you get an error message "too hot" its defective. If you don't get an error message, you're good. This happened when it first came out, and its been nearly a year since it was released. I don't doubt that you were shown a bunch of pictures, but from what I am reading the number of potential incidents vs actual incidents was blown out of proportion. If I do happen to get a defective mod, the only thing to do is not use the USB charger. I have a wall charger I can charge my batteries with, so its not a huge concern other than disappointment I may suffer over not being able to use the pass through. But thank you for your concern, I do appreciate it.
Thank you for informing me on the issue-I don't like to give incorrect information, and its great you are doing your own research too.

Glad that the issue is sorted, but I did suspect it was blown out of proportion too.

Thank you for letting me know they are now, in fact, safe :).

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No problem. Yes, any time I am made aware of a potential issue, I do my own research so I know the facts and not just rumors. It was a member here who warned me of the issues with the cloupor mini, but they did not have any facts or specific details. Even if they had claimed to have facts or details, I still would have done my own research. Better to know for yourself than let people tell you, that's what I always say.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You may already know this but the Cloupor Mini Plus is capable of 50 watts ... not sure of the price difference but thought I'd mention it.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Someone is actually loaning me the mini until I can pay them back. I was already interested in the mini, and they offered and I accepted. So although I am not complaining, I couldn't choose a different mod if I wanted to. I think coming from a mech to my first regulated device, 30w is plenty to start out with.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotcha, absolutely 30 watts is plenty to start with. It's quite a bit more than my first regulated mod had by a long shot! ;)

I think you'll like the device, it's small but still has a little weight to it which I like. It's well built and works great!

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The small size is one of the best features for me. It's got every feature I wanted except an internal battery. Reads ohms to .01, adjusts watts in .1 increments, adjusts volts in .01 increments, pass through, and I can deal with the lack of internal battery, I have a couple efest batteries but I just ordered an LG HE2 for the mini. I should have the mod in my hands early next week, the person who is loaning it to me received it today. I also think I'm going to love it. I'm just trying to get info on possibly upgrading the chip or hacking the firmware, in the event that my needs change and 30w isn't enough for me. I'd really like to keep the small size but have a bit more power if/when I want it. I pretty much know a DNA 40w chip will work, its just a matter of how much one will cost and installing it properly but I'm more interested to find out if the DNA 40 will support the mini's charging port and pass through capability, those are key features I don't want to give up.

VU Sponsors