Become a Patron!

Popular Flavors/Mixtures?

As I said in my last post I am new to vaping and just purchased my first setup. Before I can put it to use I need to figure out the best flavors/mixture recipes on the market to put in the build. I'd also love to know about how the various levels of nicotine compare to the levels present in cigarettes, due to the fact that I am making the transition from smoking. Thank You!

NitroBex

The Cloud Chasing Geek
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
As you vape your taste will change, often times the flavor we start off on is not the one we end up with when we have been vaping for a while. As a new vaper you are probably going to want some bold flavors though. As far as nicotine, 6mg is a good starting point if useing a high wattage device (like the evicvt) 12-18 is good for lower wattage devices (like egos) for a pack a day to a pack and a half a day smoker.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi and welcome! Important questions - how much do you smoke now, and what kind of device are you going to be using? Dripping atomizers (RDAs) and the new-generation clearomizers ("sub-tanks") burn a lot more liquid than older-generation devices. Also, how much and what you smoked is a big factor.

I smoked about 3/4 to 1 pack a day of Marlboro Light 100s - I quit using last-gen clearos like the Protank and Evod with 18 mg liquid and cut back to 12 mg once I kicked the worst of the cravings. If you smoke full-strength cigs or a lot more than I did you might need as much as 24 or even 30 mg with an old tank. But with the new technology, you only need half-strength liquid, since you use nearly twice as much of it - right now I only vape 3 mg, though I'm more than 2 years past my quit so tapering down has definitely had an effect.

One thing that helped me - it's very unlikely that you'll find an e-liquid that tastes like smoldering tobacco, paper wrapping, and chemicals. Once you can divorce yourself from the idea that you'll be able to replicate the exact taste of cigs, the easier it will be to find your own path. Some choose bakery/dessert flavors, others fruits - I went the fruit route for the first year and a half before getting into bakery, now I alternate. You may want to pick up a few flavors/strengths to try out - most reputable brick-and-mortar (B&M) shops will have their full line available in testers for you to try before you buy. More expensive than buying online, but crucial if you're just starting out to avoid flavors you're just not going to be able to enjoy. Good luck, and keep the questions coming!

VU Sponsors