Become a Patron!

Pollex Touch Screen Mod - Kangertech

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Pollex Touch Screen Mod from Kangertech. The Pollex Touch Screen Mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Jokin from Kangertech.

https://kangeronline.com/products/kanger...4136327184

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Kangertech Pollex MOD
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Reset Needle

Aesthetics and ergonomics

The Pollex with it's built in battery is a small device for a Touch Screen mod being the size of an average duel battery device. Despite it's size it still accommodates a large 2.4 inch touch screen which in my opinion is just about the right size. The pollex is very rectangular and box like with the edges being slightly curved so not sharp, it's not the ideal form to be ergonomically friendly but then that seems to be the way with touch screen mods due to needing a bigger screen. The Pollex though due to it's slightly smaller size doesn't feel bad at all in the hand and has a nice light weight to it. I received the black version which apart from the 510 plate and on/off symbol is entirely black (there are 3 other colours available), even all the branding and safety marks are also black. The front of the device apart from the top and bottom approx 1cm, is entirely taken up by the screen, with a "K" symbol sitting centrally at the top. Down one side there is the large round fire button at the top which has a red on/off symbol on it, towards the bottom sits the USB port which is housed vertically. The back of the device has written centrally "POLLEX" and at the bottom "AKD" and safety marks but as already mentioned it's black on black so barely noticeable. The opposite side and base are plain apart from venting holes and a reset hole on the base, finally on the top of the device there is a spring loaded 510 sitting centrally. The device looks and feels very good quality.

Specs:

Size: 86 x 48 x 24mm
Wattage Range: 1-200W
Temperature Range: 100℃-300℃/200℉-570℉
Battery: Built-in 3500mAh
Language: English/French/Dutch/Italian
Working Modes: VW/TC-SS/TC-Ti/TC-Ni/TCR
Charging: Micro-USB, DC 5V/1000mAh(Max)
Thread: 510 thread
Massive 2.4-inch intuitive touch screen
4 selective UI languages
Built-in 3500mAh battery with 200W output
Beginner/intermediate/expert modes
Changeable wall paper
Colours: Grey, Black, White, Blue

Using the Pollex

The Pollex is five clicks on and off and also 3 clicks to lock and unlock the screen. The Menu system on the Pollex is brilliant with 3 different modes making the device suitable for beginners right up to advanced vapers. The main screen has a large three quarter circle that sits centrally with one end having a - symbol and the other a +. Touching on these symbols increase's and decrease's the wattage for variable wattage mode and the temperature when in temp control. Inside this circle sits all the information you would expect as well as a large letter to show what mode you are in. When in beginner mode there is a arrow symbol bottom left and a settings symbol bottom right but in the other modes another symbol is added bottom centre. Touching the arrow brings up your user mode options, beginner, intermediate and expert. When you choose beginner everything is basic, the device allows you to adjust the wattage and when you touch settings it gives just a list of 4 things, brightness, lock screen (if you lock screen here you need to use 3 clicks to unlock), power off and restore factory settings. Choosing Intermediate opens up a lot more options this begins with another symbol appearing bottom central which is a circle with the letters for which mode you are in inside it, VW, TI, NI or SS. Touching this symbol brings up a screen which displays all 4 modes, when on temp control the - and + now alters the temperature. Also when on intermediate touching the settings symbol brings up different options to when you are in beginner mode, the first is work setting which just brings up the screen you get when touching the central symbol. The second is power setting this allows you to set things like screen timeout and auto shutdown. The third is display settings which brings up the options you get when on beginner mode and finally system info. The expert mode works exactly the same way as intermediate apart from when in work setting you can now set curves and when you select display you have an extra option for choosing a wallpaper (there are 4 choices). The device comes displaying English but if you reset it the first screen that comes up gives you the option of 4 languages. The display is very sharp and clear.

Performance

Not sure about having an internal battery with a 200w device, i would imagine when you have used about 60% of the battery it will struggle at high wattage's but below 150w (which covers the vast majority of people) it's fine. Apart from the internal battery if used at high wattage's i can't find fault with the Pollex. The touchscreen is so responsive but never miss-registers, it works as well as any touch screen device i own which includes an Apple ipod. It vapes great and i used my 25mm Geekvape Zeus on it and the overhang isn't worth mentioning it's that slight. The 3500mAh battery life isn't as good as a duel 18650's but if you vape below 100w it is still giving good life.

Pros

Good Quality
Performs well
Large Colour Screen
Touchscreen works great
3 user modes
Interface user friendly
multiple languages
25mm tanks look fine
Display sharp and bright
Wallpaper options
Battery life average

Cons

Not as long battery life as duel 18650's
After 60% discharge will struggle over 150w (do that many people really vape that high)
Over 25mm tanks will have noticeable overhang.

Conclusion

I don't understand why i haven't heard a lot more about the Pollex because it's a seriously good touch screen device that performs great. As long as you don't mind an internal battery, due to it's 3 user modes it's suitable for the complete starter right up to advanced users.

I would once again like to thank Jokin from Kangertech for supplying the Pollex Touch Screen Mod for the purpose of this review.

https://kangeronline.com/products/kanger...4136327184

VU Sponsors