Become a Patron!

PODMODCALYPSE is coming(?)

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
:D non stop for you too huh!? I actually clicked on one last night, haven't checked out the site for a few months, and I was greeted by pod after pod and everything for them. Wow what a transformation from my last online visit there. As long as others, like myself, can still get catered for I guess with my sub ohm tanks and mods then I can kinda put up with it.
Of course they are trying to dump the prefilled and get people to switch to open systems. I thought I might stock uo on disposable sticks, their value will double if you hang out in schoolyards....:xD::xD::xD::xD::sarcasm:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah we do, created it myself. I LOVE caramel. Not a big fan of pie and dessert flavors, but caramel is a big exception to me.

I noticed that most of the flavors were fruit. That caramel flavor is a really good combination! I just started mixing, but I’d love to make that. I won’t ask for the recipe, since you’re selling it though.
I’m still collecting mods for the Deeming crackdown. But eventually I’d try one of the pod mods with VW or 18650’s.

I bought a Smok Novo from my ciggie guy when I was a new quitter. I really didn’t like it.
I use a Nautilus Mini with a plus ohm coil and @15w for salts. It’s okay for a Wake n Vape.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If a pod helps someone transition off cigs, more power to them. I'm fucking annoyed with them and personally sick of everything pod, they can go away and I wouldn't shed a tear. They're nothing special, they're ego pens and old school nautilus type factory coils, aspire bvc types just in a different form factor. Nothing earth shattering. I grew tired of janky ass hit and miss overpriced factory coil heads years ago coming off ego pens. Went rebuildable and never looked back. Hell juul pods are still using silica wick like the old ego pens, same shit. The only difference there was nic salts, haven't been bothered with that either. Overpriced shit with shiny factor, that's it.

People like oh this aio uses an 18650. This one has a 510 adapter. This one's rebuildable. This one holds more juice. This one fires up to 80w! Yea, you know what that's called? An rta on top of a single 18650 mod. 2015 called, offered their istick tc60w single 18650 with adjustable wattage, tc, screen, 510 and paired it with a kayfun or nautilus. Still vapes better than current 'pod mods'. For those who think yea but the newer pods have square tanks you pop a premade coil into and fill from the top - surprise, also 2015. "Pod Mod" is a bullshit name given to reboxed old shit.

093f2d7f53bf777ad2eaafe82e627bd9.jpg

You can get a 120ml of 100mg salts for @$10 and mix 24mg salts. Or higher, if you want. In a plus ohm low wattage setup, the salts are okay. They basically are the same as FB.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Of course they are trying to dump the prefilled and get people to switch to open systems. I thought I might stock uo on disposable sticks, their value will double if you hang out in schoolyards....:xD::xD::xD::xD::sarcasm:

And with your hair, who’d suspect you of anything in a schoolyard? :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It could be a magic wand, yes. Or if someone pisses you off, you could poke them somewhere.

I was thinking more of that really long stemmed pipe he puffs on.

also the distance is a safety factor to help keep from blowing my face off.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Chip based regulated mods will die while mechs will continue to work as long as they are kept clean.
This is true. I'm not big on mechs though. I have them for a rainy day mostly. I've collected quite a few regulated mods knowing they each will probably fail at some point in time. But, that's what I mainly like to vape with so I stocked up.

My factory coils will run out too at some point. I still like using them though. Not exclusively, I use a bit of everything. Rebuildable atomizers are great.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I was thinking more of that really long stemmed pipe he puffs on.

also the distance is a safety factor to help keep from blowing my face off.

True. I hadn’t made the Church Warden pipe connection. But I only watched the first two movies of that Trilogy once. I read the books when I was a teen, though,

If that did vent, it would be pretty far way!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This is true. I'm not big on mechs though. I have them for a rainy day mostly. I've collected quite a few regulated mods knowing they each will probably fail at some point in time. But, that's what I mainly like to vape with so I stocked up.

My factory coils will run out too at some point. I still like using them though. Not exclusively, I use a bit of everything. Rebuildable atomizers are great.

That’s a cool attitude. It’s what I was planning for, as well. I spent a few nights thinking about how and what I enjoy vaping every day, and tried to stock up on those coils/tanks. I still need more, but since I also bought some rebuildable atties, I’m not as stressed. Ban mania is not a pleasant way to live!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That’s a cool attitude. It’s what I was planning for, as well. I spent a few nights thinking about how and what I enjoy vaping every day, and tried to stock up on those coils/tanks. I still need more, but since I also bought some rebuildable atties, I’m not as stressed. Ban mania is not a pleasant way to live!
If things don't change, expect to see lots of stores trying to unload stock. There's been some amazing deals already but bargains will continue to happen. I expect a lot more in the coming months.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If things don't change, expect to see lots of stores trying to unload stock. There's been some amazing deals already but bargains will continue to happen. I expect a lot more in the coming months.

I missed the ones you told Steve about, but I did catch a few good ones. I really hate to think about the vape “culture” that we know- having access to gear, buying online, reviews etc- being dismantled. But I’m glad that I found this forum so that I could prepare a stash. I won’t be pushed back into smoking. If I managed to get through a horrible two weeks on 3mg juice when I first stopped smoking, before I got a whole range of higher mg liquids, I’m not going to smoke again!! F#ck ‘em.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NJ flavored vape ban is law and goes into effect in 90 days.
All flavored vape stuff pods or bottles.

I have heard that it does not ban online sales though.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

That’s messed up. It’s not helping kids, it’s just pushing smokers or pod users to smoke.
The reckoning from these bans will be harsh, though. Even non vapers are starting to see the hypocrisy, but not in large numbers yet unfortunately!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

This bill prohibits the sale, offer for sale, and distribution of electronic smoking devices and related products Sale includes online i would think

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This bill prohibits the sale, offer for sale, and distribution of electronic smoking devices and related products Sale includes online i would think

Why I said I have heard.. On ECR. One can hear anything there.
I have not actually seen a good description of the law.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Upon reading your linked document it seems that any flavored liquid nicotine product is banned.

The doc I linked to says it takes effect in 90 days your says immediately...
I am a bit confused.

Also this.
The governor also vetoed legislation (S-4223/S-4224) that would have strengthened regulations of vape shops, capped the nicotine content in vaping liquids and prohibited the sale of all tobacco products, including vape products, in pharmacies and retail facilities with on-site pharmacies.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
If a pod helps someone transition off cigs, more power to them. I'm fucking annoyed with them and personally sick of everything pod, they can go away and I wouldn't shed a tear. They're nothing special, they're ego pens and old school nautilus type factory coils, aspire bvc types just in a different form factor. Nothing earth shattering. I grew tired of janky ass hit and miss overpriced factory coil heads years ago coming off ego pens. Went rebuildable and never looked back. Hell juul pods are still using silica wick like the old ego pens, same shit. The only difference there was nic salts, haven't been bothered with that either. Overpriced shit with shiny factor, that's it.

People like oh this aio uses an 18650. This one has a 510 adapter. This one's rebuildable. This one holds more juice. This one fires up to 80w! Yea, you know what that's called? An rta on top of a single 18650 mod. 2015 called, offered their istick tc60w single 18650 with adjustable wattage, tc, screen, 510 and paired it with a kayfun or nautilus. Still vapes better than current 'pod mods'. For those who think yea but the newer pods have square tanks you pop a premade coil into and fill from the top - surprise, also 2015. "Pod Mod" is a bullshit name given to reboxed old shit.

093f2d7f53bf777ad2eaafe82e627bd9.jpg

**welp**

I got 2 of these and got so frustrated with the leaking issues that I threw one away and keep this one to remind myself of that pain.

22F882B5-8B81-4488-A3E9-D073B08DB4E9.jpeg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Always buy the RBA head.
The RBA head for a Smok beast whatever will last longer than 100 coils.

i'm mostly into RTA's but If I get a kit or something and the tank doesn't have an optional RBA head I will just give the tank away.

Also, I keep every tank that has an RBA section.
From the kanger subtanks, crown v1's, to Smok baby beasts, etc...
^^^this^^^

I won the aegis boost on here and it’s nothing special to me. It has small juice capacity, the pod is so dark you have to hold it in light to see while you fill and I’ve overfilled many times because of this. Also, have dry hit a few times cuz I can’t see when the juice gets too low. Definitely wouldn’t buy myself.
I actually love my Aegis boost with the Reewape rba, but there's no escaping the cons you mention. I'm going to start a thread about dark tanks actually. Maddening and stupid.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
**welp**

I got 2 of these and got so frustrated with the leaking issues that I threw one away and keep this one to remind myself of that pain.

View attachment 153871
That sucks, never used one. Though sounds in keeping with pods, while some have success I see posts about people bitching they've gone through this pod and that and they're leaking here, there and everywhere. I thought there was another similarly shaped tank that wasn't the x tank. One you had to hold in place while tightening to keep it lined up properly, newer than the x tank but same idea.

Just not a fan of pods. Especially not a fan that they've taken over the market. Since they began taking over my interest in yt reviews has significantly gone down. For as little as there is to discuss in rda reviews because of their simplicity I still feel like there's more stimulating discussion than one can have about pods. The only silver lining I see is if someone likes the look of them or finds them suitable and it gets them off smoking.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
86'ish, a buddy and i went to see Tull. they played some songs i never heard before, Jazzy like. then they played Aqualung.
when the song was over my buddy and i were standing up yelling YEAH ! KICK ASS ! WOOHOO ! waving arms and all that.

then i looked around, everybody, all 15000+, were sitting down and many looking at us ! :giggle:
i hit my buddy and point, he looks around.
we look at each other like WTF:confused:. LAUGH, then sit down.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
86'ish, a buddy and i went to see Tull. they played some songs i never heard before, Jazzy like. then they played Aqualung.
when the song was over my buddy and i were standing up yelling YEAH ! KICK ASS ! WOOHOO ! waving arms and all that.

then i looked around, everybody, all 15000+, were sitting down and many looking at us ! :giggle:
i hit my buddy and point, he looks around.
we look at each other like WTF:confused:. LAUGH, then sit down.
More like "72...

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That sucks, never used one. Though sounds in keeping with pods, while some have success I see posts about people bitching they've gone through this pod and that and they're leaking here, there and everywhere. I thought there was another similarly shaped tank that wasn't the x tank. One you had to hold in place while tightening to keep it lined up properly, newer than the x tank but same idea.

Just not a fan of pods. Especially not a fan that they've taken over the market. Since they began taking over my interest in yt reviews has significantly gone down. For as little as there is to discuss in rda reviews because of their simplicity I still feel like there's more stimulating discussion than one can have about pods. The only silver lining I see is if someone likes the look of them or finds them suitable and it gets them off smoking.

Yep, when I see even decent reviewers reviewers doing pods, I’m like what the f@ck?
I can only see them being useful for stealth. And most AIOs are good for that, and they’ve got glass or SS tanks - not plastic!

I really don’t think I’d have quit smoking with a pod. I bought a Smok Novo early on, and I really disliked it. I was glad when I lost it. It tasted funky, and if I want a low wattage MTL vape, I’ve got some Nautis with plus ohm coils (for salts.) And salts are prolly not a good enough reason to use a pod, unless you’re a sneaky teen trying to get a nic buzz!

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The first thing I thought when I first saw a pod mod was..."how useless...I bet they'll be a huge hit". :D

what is vaping gonna be in 10 years?
I dunno. Never gave it much thought. Been hoarding since 2015. I'm so overstocked with 2015-2019 mods, RTAs, hybrid tanks with a ton of factory coils and RBA heads and nic base (but I could use more) that the whole industry could implode and it wouldn't affect me.

I think that's what ya call "freedom". At least that's what I call it.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
vaping in 10 years lets see.... if not home made via parts bought from hobby stores where they intent is not vaping i bet everything will be owned by BIg T or pharma in the US...

that or long dead due to Bans and Deeming....

VU Sponsors