Become a Patron!

pod system recommendation

Dwiputra

Member For 3 Years
can you give me some recommendation which pod should i buy?the pod system that similiar or even better than suorin air,i like suorin air a lot,but their cartridge isnt consistent

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The only Pod mod I use is the LV Orion , just for when I am on the go, very tiny, slips in my pocket and vapes great.
My hubby likes and uses the Joyetech Penguin- again that vapes great, easy to use, but not as tiny as the LV Orion.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the penguin mod as well. I bought it for my wife but Vaping was a no-go for her so I keep it in my lunch box. Just bought an Aspire breeze2 but it won't be delivered until tomorrow. But I hear great things about it. I have the sourin air as well. I use that in sneaky places. Lol maybe one that you can change the coils. Eleaf Icare2 is pretty good.but if you use it a lot be prepared to charge it. I used to use it between breaks for some nicotine. And welcome to the Vu. Plenty of helpful members here. Hope you enjoy your stay

JSpring

Member For 3 Years
One of the first tanks I used when I started vaping was the Nautilus tank. When Aspire came out with the Nautilus AIO I jumped right on it. It is really easy to fill, change the coil, and maintain. Performs really well and have not run into any leaking issues either.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I degraded my self yesterday in a moment of weakness. I went to get coils for my original Breeze and walked out with a Smok Nord. Not too bad. Both coils work nice. Flavor is ok.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The Aspire Nautilus AIO isn't bad.
It takes regular Aspire BVC coils as well as 1.8ohm Aspire NS (nic salt) BVC coils.

There is no reason to keep buying and throwing away pods when you can just change the coil instead.

I have two suorin air's and I had to constantly keep taking them apart to clean eliquid off of the circuit board.
One of them had got eliquid on the automatic draw sensor and caused it to fire for a second too long which burned the coils up super fast.

The Aspire Nautilus AIO kit is around $25 to $30 online and the coils are $13ish for a 5 pack.
The kit comes with two coils.

I usually wait until there is a good online sale and just buy a few months worth of coils at a time.
I caught them for $6.95 a 5 pack on Black Friday.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Aspire Nautilus AIO isn't bad.
It takes regular Aspire BVC coils as well as 1.8ohm Aspire NS (nic salt) BVC coils.

There is no reason to keep buying and throwing away pods when you can just change the coil instead.

I have two suorin air's and I had to constantly keep taking them apart to clean eliquid off of the circuit board.
One of them had got eliquid on the automatic draw sensor and caused it to fire for a second too long which burned the coils up super fast.

The Aspire Nautilus AIO kit is around $25 to $30 online and the coils are $13ish for a 5 pack.
The kit comes with two coils.

I usually wait until there is a good online sale and just buy a few months worth of coils at a time.
I caught them for $6.95 a 5 pack on Black Friday.

How's it for flavor? So far I haven't had a pod system that was very good for flavor. I'm really curious about the lost vape Orion.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
How's it for flavor? So far I haven't had a pod system that was very good for flavor. I'm really curious about the lost vape Orion.

I have a theory about pod systems and flavor.
You ever notice how there isn't a very large variety of flavors that come in high salt nic?
I have a feeling that the benzoic acid which added to make the salt base may cause certain flavors to taste like shit.

They (using Juul's Patent) are putting 0.75:1 benzoic acid to nicotine to make the nic salt and from what I hear benzoic acid smells like shit.

To summarize: All pod systems have shitty flavor.

Some are a little better than others.

The lost vape Orion looks great but I don't know if it would be worth having to buy a $15 pod after every 4 or 5 refills.
I thought I got away from that shit in 2015 when I switched from tanks to rebuildables:facepalm:

I like to fantasize of a salt nic MTL RTA but it will never happen because high level salt nic needs to be high ohms / low watts since extreme heat breaks benzioc acid down into benzene.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The lost vape Orion looks great but I don't know if it would be worth having to buy a $15 pod after every 4 or 5 refills.
I thought I got away from that shit in 2015 when I switched from tanks to rebuildables
That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I degraded my self yesterday in a moment of weakness. I went to get coils for my original Breeze and walked out with a Smok Nord. Not too bad. Both coils work nice. Flavor is ok.
I know the feeling. I had the nord kit in my sights the other day. I resisted the urge and only bought some e liquid.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have used the Smok Infinix, Aspire Breeze, Vladdin & the Juul. All are good performers. Depends on what your looking for? Do you want MTL or DL? In my opinion the Breeze has the most airy draw followed by the Vladdin then the Infinix. The Juul has the tightest draw most like a cigarette.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

My Orion DNA is slightly over a month old. It is the first pod system that I find truly satisfying after several years of dripping and tanks.

I have, in the past, never bought a tank or device requiring replacement coils. Hated the fact that every couple of weeks, if lucky, there are recurring costs associated.

Most of my favorite juices are sweet and are tough on coils, or in this case, pods.

With some experimentation, I have a good process for cleaning pods with dirty coils and wicks. I don’t think it would help in the case of a burnt wick. Granted, you will have to have a number of pods on hand to rotate and eventually they will wear out but even three uses as opposed to one reduces costs significantly. Presently I have pods that would probably be considered done by most, that have been cleaned, refilled, and reused 4 times with great results.

Needed: 3 containers large enough to cover desired number of pods in liquid, distilled water, tissue, rice[or silica gel bags(found in aspirin bottles, etc.)]

Day 1. Remove fill cap from pod. Submerge pod completly in boiling water and agitate to displace air in pod. Let soak.

Day 2. Replace boiling water and agitate to displace air in pod. Leave in water for an hour or so. Boiling water is poured over the pod in a container, not boiled for an hour on stove. Agitate again to displace air and dislodged buildup on coil. Return to soak.

Day 3 Replace boiling water, agitate, and let soak for another hour. Remove from water, dry outside of coil, and gently shake out all water possible from inside pod. Wrap pod in one layer of toilet tissue and place in container with white rice. Cover the pod,wrapped in TP, with rice. Silica pouches in a container will also remove moisture. Once dry, refill with juice, prime, and vape.

Note: it has been suggested to me cold everclear alcohol soak on day 2 may help also, but water alone seems to work fine.

I hope this helps someone.

Disclaimer- Exercise with safety and common sense in mind. Not responsible for any mishaps.

VU Sponsors