Become a Patron!

Please help! Strange problem with new Smok pen

I have a new smok pen with prince coil setup. I have trouble with what I think is dry hits. It is my first vape. I can fix it every time by opening and closing the refill top. It seems to me that introducing air into the tank resolves the problem, but I have to do it every 5 or 6 hits because it stings the ____ out of my throat. Open and close the top and it hits perfectly again.

Any ideas? It's very frustrating.

megsnd

Member For 1 Year
Does it have an airflow?? I dont know the specifics of that pen, but make sure any adjustable airflows are open and that you arent covering any when you hold it. I would try looking at a YouTube video that walks you through the specifics of your device.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What coil are ypu using.....sounds like your coil is too hot for you.... only works when flooded.... once the juice boils off you loose the liquid cooling of the juice.....

What is the pg/vg ratio and Nic level?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I’m using prince strip coils now after trying the two that came with my smok pen. And sadboy blueberry jam cookie juice. 6 nic 80vg/20pg. I’m wondering if somehow my tank isn’t venting properly for some reason and creating a vacuum that is resolved by allowing air into the tank when I open the cap. Opening and closing the cap works 100% of the time. But when the hits get bad, even if I lay it down for hours and come back to it, it’s still bad.... until I allow air into the tank. Quite strange.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like Vapor Lock and I had that with a Melo III Mini until the tank broke in. Used to have to loosen the top cap and saw air bubbles but after a couple of coils never had to do it any longer. I can't tell you why only the what.

Thanks man. Vapor lock is the only thing that makes sense to me since letting air into the tank fixes it every time. I’ll loosen my cap and just patient with it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man. Vapor lock is the only thing that makes sense to me since letting air into the tank fixes it every time. I’ll loosen my cap and just patient with it.

No problem my friend~! Like I said it happened to me with my Melo III Mini and then one day I realized it stopped doing it. That was after roasting a couple of coils though. And it isn't because there is any air leaks because the tank never leaks. Good Luck

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
you can also close the airflow, take a couple puffs without pressing the fire button. This will draw juice into your wick and coil. After sitting overnight, your coil likely needs to be primed.

VU Sponsors