Become a Patron!

Please help my brand new rdta wont work

Ok so I bought a Pyro v2 by Vandy Vape cause all of the reviews for it were amazing. I cut coils and put them in and then screwed it into my smok tpriv 3 and it said check atomizer and didn’t register that there was a coil. I tried my other rdta and it works just fine. I contacted Vandy Vape and they literally don’t know what the problem is. Someone please help I will greatly appreciate it

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
Sounds like a bad connection, check the center pin.
Maybe it's broken or not making contact with something.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It could be one of two things.

The first one is the easiest to fix so try that first.

1) take a small screwdriver and pull the center pin on the bottom of the rta (in the middle of where the threads are) out a little bit.

Put it back on the device to see if it works.

If not:

2) There also could be a short somewhere.
Do you have a roll of wire or just some built coils?

If you have a roll of wire.
It doesn't matter if it's kanthal or stainless

Just roll up a quick single coil.
It doesn't have to be pretty.
Put the single coil in by itself and don't even bother to load it up with cotton.

Just use it to see if it registers.

If it does then it's one (or both) of the coils.

Are use prebuilt coils and I already tried loosening the pen and putting it in it still won’t make a connection . It came w two pins and I tried both

Another problem is the pin that came in it was a squonk pin and I thought I couldn’t use it so I put in the other pin with just a flat head screw in and now the screw comes out but the pin itself won’t .

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like you have a bad connection due to bad machining my man . Return it .. VV makes some good stuff , but because of their higher than heaven production output you will get some duds . I was a victim of their Kylin recall (never again) . Yes it sucked . That is why they offer recalls .

Got the pin out, put the squonk pin back in, put different coils in, and now it works. I don’t understand but I guess I’m ok with that

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
Well if the screw came out but the pin didn't, that means the pin was broken ;)

As a little background knowledge: The pin you screwed out is the plus connection, the thread on the outside is the minus connection. That's why there is some plastic or rubber between that pin and the thread, for isolation.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if the screw came out but the pin didn't, that means the pin was broken ;)

As a little background knowledge: The pin you screwed out is the plus connection, the thread on the outside is the minus connection. That's why there is some plastic or rubber between that pin and the thread, for isolation.
Squonk pins are 2 pieces

VU Sponsors