Become a Patron!

Please help me out re: Sony VTC's and other batteries

kathibg57

Member For 4 Years
I don't know what to believe...I've heard that the only Sony VTC batteries out there are NOT genuine because Sony stopped making them, BUT then in other posts I read that the Sony's ARE genuine and they're fine as long as you don't buy on eBay.
Please...HELP???
I need to get some new batteries. I usually do my coils anywhere from 0.5 - 1.0 ohms but occasionally go a little lower. I love my Sony VTC 4's and feel safe with them.
If not Sony, then what are some other good, safe, 18650 high mAh, higher A batteries? I have a few purple Efest but don't love using them.
I'm not familiar with any other batteries.
Thanks for any knowledgeable help!!

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Illumn.com has VTC4's in stock, for killer prices too, grab some Samsung 25R's too. The Samsung are 2500mah and 20A continuous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've just purchased 4 VTC4s from my favorite online store. It's a very reputable store, and they claim the batteries are authentic. But... I thought the VTC line had been discontinued over a year ago. What gives?

The store I bought from doesn't seem to restrict the number of VTC4s sold per person, nor do they claim they're hard-to-find NOS or something. I've looked around on the internet, and while the VTC5 still seems nowhere to be found, there seems to be a whole lot of online stores with VTC4s available now.

So, are VTCs back? Anybody knows?

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pick up a few MNKE 18650 1500mah batteries. I only use those and vtc's. They can both handle .2 ohm builds without issue.

N

Newheart301

Maybe its just me, but my VTC4 has much more kick when freshly charged than my VTC5, the 5 runs longer at 3,7 volts, what I'm trying to say it drops down to 3.7 quicker than the VTC4. Any else notice that ? I've got 6 of the 25R's and one VTC4.... It is better dough about it. I run the VTC4 and VTC5 in a V6, added 2 of the 25's to the rotation, there's really good, ....not Sony's . I run a pair in my IVP mini too.

Last edited by a moderator:

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe its just me, but my VTC4 has much more kick when freshly charged than my VTC5, the 5 runs longer at 3,7 volts, what I'm trying to say it drops down to 3.7 quicker than the VTC4. Any else notice that ?
I've only ever used vtc3's when it comes to sony honestly

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also shop at Illumn.com. Great prices and service.
I am a Sony vtc fan without shame. I also use Samsung 25R, but if/when vtc5's become available again,
I'm all in.

N

Newheart301

I've got all mine from IMRBatteries.com Real thing, and great prices, speedy service. The only thing they don't have I use is the 18350 AW 12A 800mah. I get those from RTD.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sony supply has been very hit or miss. For a while the end of last year the VTC4's were impossible to get. And VTC5's have been impossible to get for at least 6 months.

We currently have the VTC4 and VTC3 in stock and they are genuine. At this point any VTC5's you see are probably fake.

VU Sponsors