Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Xfeng Kit by Snowwolf

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Xfeng Kit by Snowwolf. This device was sent to me by Snowwolf/Sigelei for review. This device has been out for a while, but I finally got my chance to get my hands on one, so let’s dive in and check it out!

agk00Kc.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

INTRODUCTION

The Xfeng is one of the more recent mods to hit the market by the company Snowwolf. It is a huge cosmetic variation from the Vfeng that came before it. Being an Vfeng owner, I knew what to expect with this device as far as performance and operation. This device pumps out 230W (real world 200-210 ish from some other testers I have seen) and comes in a black and gold finish. I have seen a jungle and camo pattern on some sites, but no mention of them on the Snowwolf website. Let’s dive down into the operation, how it vapes, and a little about the Xfeng rda that came with this kit.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

- Xfeng 230w mod

- Xfeng RDA

- Spare parts / O-rings

- Manual

- Available in Black / Gold (some sites show a jungle and camo pattern as well)

RVfOEdX.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

This mod has a similar GUI to the Vfeng. It has a nice colored screen that shows everything nice and clear. It has one screen that is the same as the Vfeng, but they ditched an alternate screen that the Vfeng had which most viewed as cluttered and poorly put together. The alternate screen uses bright bold digits and is easy to read even on the brightest of days. The menu operations are simplified as well. Since this one doesn’t have the flashy LED lights, that is one menu that is absent from this model. It has two menu options (accessed by 3 clicks of the fire button). The menu options are the following:

MODE

As the title suggests, mode allows the user to select between POWER or temperature control. Power is a basic wattage mode like any other mod. Temp control is selectable for Nickel, Titanium, SS, and TCR. *I am not a temp control user, so I don’t have any input on how well this works.*

SET

The set menu is for four settings, power savings, zero puffs, preheat, and gui.

- Power savings - shuts down the screen when vaping to save on battery life.

- Zero puffs - zeroes the puff counter on the GUI

- Preheat - allows the user to select hard, normal, soft, and user settings. User is a typical preheat with a set amount of wattage and a time frame for which it will preheat.

- GUI – set the display to two different GUI settings. If Snowwolf follows up like they did with the Vfeng, there is a chance you will see customizable screens in the future. Custom backgrounds, shapes, whatever you can dream up to be laid out behind the factory numeric display.

The menu system is quite simple and easy to read. I give them huge props on taking away the clutter and making it easy to use for all levels of vapors. I even like the nice touch of constellations in the background of the menus.

PERFORMANCE

The Xfeng performs excellently in wattage mode. I have zero complaints at all. The preheat settings work well and one can really “feel” the difference between soft, normal, and hard. The user setting is a great option which I used on almost every mod I use. It is laid out clear and easy to setup on this mod. I don’t dabble in temp control much and didn’t test it out on this mod. Based on the Vfeng testing I did, the temp control was mediocre at best, and I cannot confirm if this is the same chip or not. It looks just like the same chip, so I am going to gamble and say it performs the same.

ERGONOMICS AND BUILD QUALITY

Snowwolf changed up a lot from the Vfeng. The Xfeng is boxier and feels like it is built more solid. The fire button is a standard side fire trigger that has a nice click response with no rattle. The adjustment buttons are responsive and click nice, but they do have a slight rattle to them. The battery door is a magnetic rear door. My model came with a battery ribbon that was about 3 inches too long, but that is better than being too short! The door is held solid by the magnets, but the bottom of the door wiggles a bit and it gets annoying when in hand. Overall styling in my opinion is very nice. I only have one issue with the design and it is the plastic material on the front and back. It appears that it could scratch over time. LUCKILY, Snowwolf did a solid and supplied some stick-on protectors for this to keep it looking good for much longer than without. Paint finish seems to be resilient in my short time with it, but if it is the same finish technique as the Vfeng there won’t be an issue (mine still looks new at 6 months old).

tlQNcRq.jpg

RDA REVIEW

The Xfeng kit comes with the Xfeng RDA. I haven’t seen much out there regarding this rda, so I was very interested to test it out. It is a perfect match for the mod, so I tossed a build in and started vaping.

- BUILD DECK

The build deck of this RDA is post-less in nature and built for two coils. It is a bit tricky to build on due to an oddity. There is a surrounding piece of metal that is only cut down on some parts. This prevents the use of a coil tool such as a screw driver or step-down coil tool. A solid diameter tool would be fine, but that is the only type that will work. There is NO reason for the way they did this design, so it was a real bummer.

C20XWeT.jpg

xQ9pKgF.jpg

- AIR FLOW

Air flow on this deck is straight in from the sides. It functions fine, but it has some flaws. The biggest flaw to me is that it has a bit of a whistle, but I have had worse. The second flaw is that the air flow isn’t fully adjustable. The top cap doesn’t fully seal to the air flow channels, so it is either direct air flow or slightly indirect air flow. Simple things that can be fixed to make this rda a nice one.

dRX9sqw.jpg

- FLAVOR

All flaws aside, the flavor of this rda is quite good. The build deck positions the coils right in front of the air flow easily (with the proper coil coil). The air flow itself, while kind of noisy, is directed right where it should and creates a very tasty vape.

6lPxCAP.jpg

COMPARISON PHOTOS

Next to Vfeng
IVsOTLv.jpg

Next to Minkin V2
WZfG5i1.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Snowwolf Xfeng kit is a solid piece of hardware for wattage vapors out there. I came across just a few small flaws with the mod that weren’t deal breakers in my opinion. It feels nice in hand and looks great in my opinion. I am glad that they ditched the hinged bottom door of the Vfeng and opted for a magnetic back panel. I got hooked on using this device and foresee myself using it for a long time. The extra price of the kit can’t be justified because I see a lot of people let down by its flaws.

MOD PROS

- Fire button placement is more user friendly than previous Vfeng

- 510 pin is nice and springy and keeps it off the deck a hair which helps protect the matte finish

- GUI is easy to read and operate

- Preheat is simple to setup

- Lots of cool machining done to the frame of the device

MOD CONS

- Battery door rattles

- Adjustment buttons rattle

- Gold accents aren’t for everyone

- No firmware updates currently (4/3/2018)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RDA PROS

- Matches the mod perfectly

- Flavor is quite good

RDA CONS

- Build deck requires just the right tools to set the coil

- Air flow is noisy

- Air flow isn’t fully adjustable

- Top cap is thin aluminum so it feels cheap (but I didn’t notice abundant heat at least?)

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Snowwolf / Sigelei for supply this for review.

If this device intrigues you, it can be found all over the internet for about $55 without the RDA and $75 with the RDA. It is a low price for what I feel is a solid device.

Urvapin

https://www.urvapin.com/snowwolf-xfeng-230w-kit-with-rda.html

Sigelei Store

http://store.sigelei.com/Snowwolf-Xfeng-RDA-Kit

**Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings**

OSOFhOL.jpg

VU Sponsors