Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The TOO by Voopoo

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be reviewing the TOO mod by Voopoo. This device was sent to me by Sourcemore for review.

GGHSmCO.jpg

INTRODUCTION

The Voopoo TOO is one of the latest devices to hit the market by the company Voopoo. Their Drag mod took the vaping world by storm in 2017 and essentially launched this company into the mainstream. Their gene chip, build quality, durability, and price point were what made the Drag succeed. This time around, they took some of those same key points, and put them into a mod that is widely different than the Drag. Some will love it, some will hate it, so stick around and I will give you my thoughts on the VOOPOO TOO.

WHAT YOU GET

- Voopoo TOO mod

- Instruction Manual

- Usb cable

- Available in Red, Black, and Silver with many choices of resin doors (new)

9fN0yYh.jpg

FEATURES

The TOO is a very basic device, yet they packed quite in a few features and design aspects to set it apart in the market. One of the first features stands out right away, and it is the very bright and sparkly multi colored battery doors. These panels are the selling point of the mod. They stand out so much that they are easily going to make this mod something the user loves, or something they do not. Aside from them being them being the main styling to the device, they slide to the side and stay in place, making it quick and easy to pop batteries in and out. However, they slide almost too easy, and move around a lot when the mod is in hand. This added a cheap feel to an otherwise solidly built device. I found myself flicking them back and forth like some sort of fidget device nonstop as I vaped it. Another feature of the device is the capability to run a single or dual battery. This does shave a little weight, and keeps initial operating costs down, but other than that there is zero gain to this gimmick. The mod still has the same form big form factor in the end, and wattage is reduced from 180 down to 80W. This device is quite a bit larger than the Drag and this is a good and bad thing. One huge fault of the drag was that atomizers over 24mm hung over the sides. That will not happen on the TOO. It can hold a 30mm atomizer nearly flush and the shape provides a very stable base. I found the Drag to be tippy, but the TOO sits in place solid. However, being large like this has its faults, as the portability factor is greatly reduced. Last, but not least, this device comes with the widely popular Gene chip. Many people know all about this chip because of the vast popularity of the Drag mod. It is an excellent chip at an affordable price. I will get into the operations of that chip next.

WNMTB0U.jpg

iQn4NBo.jpg

OPERATION

If you have used a Voopoo Drag, then the TOO would have no surprises with operation. It fires fast, and fires accurately and many have had great success running it in temp control. I didn’t use temp control on this one but did on my drag. It seemed to work great once played with a little bit. The menu system is a bit tricky for a first time Gene chip user. I probably won’t cover it all, so I strongly suggest hitting up a video tutorial to better explain this. It looks and feels like a DNA chip, except there are ways to access everything right on the mod.

BASIC OPERATIONS FROM THE MAIN SCREEN

- Press the fire and up button simultaneously to lock the mod

- Press the fire and down button simultaneously to flip the screen orientation

- Click the fire button three times to cycle modes

- Click the fire button four times in temp control to high light the preheat wattage

- Hold the up and down buttons simultaneously to enter the menu screen

The menu system is basic once accessed. The user can scroll to select saved memory settings for power and temp control modes, as well as view the chip # and firmware versions. Not much to see here as they kept it very simple. Keep in mind that many of these settings can be altered by connecting to a PC and working through the app. This device allows for full blown curves like a DNA device, except the only way to set it up properly is to use the PC software.

SCREEN IN WATTAGE MODE

KugeXxX.jpg

SCREEN IN TEMPERATURE CONTROL MODE (SS)

HQjwODr.jpg

MENU SCREEN

KC0tlyK.jpg

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

Next to Minikin V2

rJ8NvJm.jpg

Hengling Q-tank on top (28MM with ease)

z7ZCU1a.jpg

Crown V3 on top

jf4hTds.jpg

Druga on top

j8ikXrt.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Voopoo Too is a good mod for performance, and many may like the looks. However, it just wasn’t for me. It is very big, and full of gimmicks that have little benefit. The sliding doors are king of neat, but the design choice is not my style at all. The single or dual battery modes seem pointless since there are little to no gains to going with one or the other. The Gene chip works great once again, but I am a guy that highly judges mods on looks and form factor, and this did not have the right combinations for me to continue to want to use it. The style of the device may be great for some, but this is just my opinion. I do highly suggest trying to get your hands on one before purchase, so you can feel it in hand, and slide the doors around. Voopoo struck out with me this time, but maybe this style is just great for you!

DISCLAIMER: Since the time of this review, Voopoo has released several new styles and it appears the one I reviewed isn’t even listed on their site anymore. They now feature Red, Black, and Silver frames. They changed the panels out from rainbow accents to resin swirl panels.

PROS

- GENE chip

- Fires very fast

- Can handle larger atomizers

- Color scheme could be a pro for some

- Quite a few color combinations available to find just the right style for you

CONS

- Sliding doors slide around too much

- Color scheme will be a con for some

- Single or dual battery mode is silly when the device is still large

- Very large and not pocket friendly

- Same con as Drag, but I wish the up and down buttons were further apart

If this mod looks like just the right device for you, then head on over to Sourcemore where it can be found for just $53. They have a few different styles of the device, so you can find the one that calls your name.

https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-t...ingle-dual-batteries-dazzle-silver-frame.html

Thank you everyone and thank you to Sourcemore for providing me with this device for review.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

8s8YZ3i.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors