Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Super Bat by Vaptio

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews. Today I will be reviewing the Super Bat 220W mod by Vaptio. This device was sent to me by Vaptio for review.

4kdLReK.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

INTRODUCTION

The Super Bat is the latest entry to the mod market by the little-known company Vaptio. They yet again went for the super hero market, this time with DC’s Dark Knight – Batman. I know they may catch some flack for these types of devices, but as a nerd myself, I enjoy them. The Super Bat features some batman-esque styling along with some flashy LEDs. Throw all the gimmicks aside, and what you get is a well-built device, with an excellent screen that is both beautiful and functional. From the moment it powers up, it just grabs you (in a Batrope® sort of way). So, let’s get to the device, the included Frogman XL tank, and all the features that make this mod “super.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

- Vaptio Super Bat mod

- Frogman XL sub-ohm tank

- Spare glass

- W2 Coil

- W8 coil

- USB cable for charging on the go or firmware upgrades

It is available in White/Red, Black, and Silver/Black

1XjDjLd.jpg

TUwXI1p.jpg

MOD DISPLAY AND SETTINGS

The Super Bat, like many Vaptio devices, doesn’t fall short in functionality. It features a large color screen like the Wallcrawler mod before it. This time around, the screen has a mostly red tone, with all the need to know details highlighted with white or yellow. The main vaping screen has a gauge like appearance that looks straight out of a Batmobile, and I dig it. The menu system is laid out very cleanly and is easy to navigate. I found that navigating the menu system with buttons above the screen hinders view of the screen, so you are forced to hold the mod kind of funny to see what you are doing. They also have a subtle highlight to what you are on, so it makes it a bit tricky to see where you are scrolling around in the menus. Other than that, the user interface works well and makes it very easy to set up. Dialing in wattage or temperature curves is a breeze, with a graph type setup like they did with the wallcrawler and N1 before it. I even dabbled in temperature control with this device (which I rarely do) and it turned out to be a great vape experience. It seemed to maintain a solid temperature every time and performed as one would expect temp control to do. It comes with one standard theme, but has a blank “theme 2”, which shows that Vaptio is going to release some different themes in the future. This is a huge plus because little changes like that over time make a mod new again in the eyes of the owner, and never lets it get stale. A very simple yet appreciated feature is that the watts scroll in single watt increments and even scroll in 10 watt increments with just a short hold on the up or down buttons. One can totally crank the wattage in a matter of seconds and then fine tune with short clicks of the adjustment buttons. This device has several mode types to choose from. Wattage, temperature control, wattage curve, temperature curves, and SMART mode. Smart mode appears to be a form of wattage mode that is setup with low, medium, and high ramp time. It also has an auto, but I couldn’t tell what that was really for. I want to say this is supposed to be a mesh between wattage and temperature control, but it never felt much different than running in regular wattage mode.

B5HzZw1.jpg

MOD FEATURES AND OVERALL BUILD

One of the standout features is obviously the Batman theme going on, all accented using LEDs. These LEDs can be changed to different colors, type of flashing, time they are on, and can be totally shut off if LEDs are not your thing (but those batman eyes though!). Like the Wallcrawler mod, the Super Bat uses a side firing bar instead of a regular button. The firing bar feels firm in the hand and clicks without slop. It does sometimes shift around a bit when in hand, but other than that it is very solid. This mod also uses a hinged bottom battery door that many companies have gone with. They did a nice job on this door, as it is held solidly shut and never has issues popping open randomly. The hinge has a little wiggle but feels like it is constructed to last. Battery polarity is slightly marked on the door (could be a little better) and is also marked a bit more clearly up inside the mod. The feel of the device in hand is excellent. It has a nice solid weight about it and doesn’t feel cheap. The form factor fits in the hand like a mod should and having that side fire button means no fumbling around…just grab it and take a rip. This device comes with all the common safety features one would expect from a regulated mod. It all comes together to make for one great regulated device.

te1pqFD.jpg

Pictured next to an Asmodus Minikin V2 and Joyetech Espion

E2Q9hpT.jpg

FROGMAN XL TANK

I previously reviewed the Frogman XL tank last fall when it was released. And like they say, if it aint broke, don’t fix it. It matches up perfectly on the Super Bat, so I understand why Vaptio paired these two together. It features 5ml capacity, super smooth air flow, and some features that some companies have not tried to incorporate yet. For instance, the top fill cap is quick to remove and requires just a 120-degree twist and it pops right up and off. The cap feels as if it is spring loaded and holds extremely firm in place. This eliminates the use of rubber to seal the top, which is great because seals can become worn over time, where metal to metal cannot. I never saw leaking on any parts of this tank, even when I laid it on its side overnight while filled. Filling the Frogman, like some other Vaptio tanks, is also a little bit different. There is a little plastic insert that helps to seal it like a check valve. Simply press your bottle tip or dropper past it and fill away. The tank is Baby Beast coil compatible (along with many others out there with this form factor) but comes with a set of nice proprietary coils. The life of them is better than any coils I have used from Smok, and flavor is better as well. This one came with clear glass, but they have a few different colored glass options for the matchy matchy crowd. The Frogman XL is a good, solid sub ohm tank, and a great match to the Super Bat.

z08f2Hk.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Super Bat is a great two battery mod. I found few faults in the time that I have vaped it. The menus are clear, the device feels solid, and it just works well. I dig the look of the device and can’t seem to set the thing down. It is probably my favorite Vaptio mod to date. It fits my style of vaping more than other models. The N1 was a great mod, but it was big and heavy. The Wallcrawler looked awesome, and was small, but the single battery just didn’t last for me. This one feels like Vaptio is inching closer and closer to perfection. I like having two batteries, so I can get through my work day. I like having all the control options that they put into it. There are many great features that make this one great device. This one will get a ton of use for sure, and hopefully my review helped you decide if you should try it or not!

PROS

- Solid feeling device

- Great use of a large color screen

- Easy to navigate menus

- Easy to setup

- Fires super-fast

- Looks cool (subjective)

- LEDs add some flair that appeal to a lot of people (also subjective)

- Great mod for the price point

- Nice color options (subjective)

CONS

- Fire button has a little movement to it

- Button placement hinders screen viewing

- Menu system isn’t highlighted bright enough

- Battery polarity could be marked better on the battery door

- LEDS can bring negative attention to a mod (but at least they can be turned off!)

- Batman theme could also bring negative attention to a mod

If you feel the need to swoop on it and pick up this device. Head on over to Vaptio.com. It can be purchased for $64.99 as a stand alone mod or $72.99 w/ the Frogman XL tank.

https://vaptio.com/catalogue/super-bat-kit_1031/

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Vaptio for sending me this device to review!

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

hlqRu24.jpg

VU Sponsors