Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Q-tank by Hengling

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Q-Tank by Hengling. This tank was sent to me by Heaven Gifts for review.

Z63Tlqf.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

INTRODUCTION

First off, I have never heard of Hengling until I was asked to do this review. I went straight to the google machine and found that, while they don’t make much yet, they seem to be innovative. They have a couple of conventional sub-ohm tanks, but also a hookah tank for use on a vaping mod (really odd). Their creativity is on full display with the Q-tank. The Q-tank is just like any other sub-ohm tank, except that it is built with two tanks in one. It is definitely far from compact. At 72mm tall and 32 mm wide in the middle, it dwarfs almost every other tank I put it next to. The tank is designed for the user to select which tank he/she wants to vape. There is also the option to run both tanks together and mix the two flavors. It is an interesting experience for sure, and I will break down every aspect of this tank and give my pros and cons. There isn’t a lot of information out there regarding this tank, so I reached out to Hengling for accuracy.

4AJMCun.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

------1 – Q-tank

------1 – Parts bag

------1 – 510 glittery drip tip adapter

------1 – 810 glittery drip tip

------1 – Instruction Manual

*****no spare coils (bummer)

VXZrSGS.jpg

HOW IT WORKS

The Hengling Q-tank is a whole different animal than many other tanks on the market. Since it is essentially two tanks in one, there are a few options for the user. One tank, the other tank, or both together. The base of the tank is marked with Xs and Os. If the coil/air flow is aligned with an X that coil is not operational. If it is aligned with an O, then it is the selected coil. Always keep in mind that the air flow must be opened if you intend to fire the coil. Wattage must also be changed if switching from single to dual, or dual to single mode. For example, I ran it at 80w in dual coil mode, and just 40 in single mode. If you leave the wattage higher and switch to a single coil, you’re gonna have a bad time.

2Wrp69r.jpg

COILS / FLAVOR

The Q-tank uses proprietary .45-ohm coils. The coils don’t have any wattage markings on them, but Hengling suggest 45-60W. The flavor with one coil alone is mediocre at best, but it comes alive when running both simultaneously. The only kicker to running in dual mode is to either run the same juice in each tank or at least having two flavors that mesh together well. When running a single coil for a while it is easy to flood the coil that you are not using because you are still sucking juice into the coil without warming it up. It isn’t terrible flooding, but it does happen. These coils are proprietary, and I do not know of any that are quite like it. They are available online from a few Chinese vendors.

TEARDOWN AND “GLASS”

Tearing down this tank for cleanup is a bit of a process. It is all pretty much self explanatory, but it takes some time. First the top fill cap comes off. Then the chimneys can be removed through the top using a large screwdriver. Once that is completed the top, “glass”, and AFC ring can be removed from the base. Considering how complicated this tank is, I was surprised how leak friendly it is. I never experienced leaking on any portions of the tank so it appears that Hengling is at least doing their homework and sizing all o-rings correctly as well as having some decent machining. The “glass” tank section itself is made from PCTG (original from Japan) and is guaranteed food grade safe according to Hengling.

w8mF5G0.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Q tank by Hengling is interesting. The chance to mesh some flavors on a tank is fun, but it can result in some true nastiness if the wrong flavors are chosen. It is a large tank, so it takes a big mod to make it look normal, just look at the picture of it on a Minikin V2! The bright side to its size is that it holds about 4.5mls per side. The build quality (even with a new type of tank material) feels quite solid. Everything threads together smoothly and fits snug. I never experienced a single leak, so I give them a win on that. I felt it was pointless to operate this tank with just one coil. The flavor was weak, and it is a bit too airy. The tank is fun to use because it is different. It has one huge gimmick, but that gimmick makes it fun. I found some good flavor mashups with it, and it was fun to try with friends. I only wish I could buy coils locally to get some fresh experiences each time. I won’t use this tank on a regular basis. It is almost like a show piece. It is fun to show off, and it makes everyone go “oh wow, neat!” It does have its high points, but it just isn’t for me.

Pictured on top of an Asmodus Minikin V2
Hq4GPqE.jpg

Pictured on top of a Snow Wolf Vfeng
EzK8EbD.jpg

PROS

-----Looks cool

-----Different vaping experience than any other tank out there

-----No leaking what so ever

-----Flavor from two coils is dang good

CONS

-----It is BIG, a bit too big

-----Coil life seemed to be somewhere in that 12ml of liquid mark

-----Single coil operation has very weak flavor

-----Unsure of the PCTG tank material

-----A bit complicated to tear down for cleaning

-----Coils are not readily available locally

Thank you everyone for reading this review and thank you to Heaven gifts for sending it my way.

If this tank intrigues you, head on over to Heaven gifts, where it can be purchased for $39.90.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/HENGLING-Qtank.html

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings.

n3262w7.jpg

VU Sponsors