Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Phobia by Vandy Vape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, this is Pizza Dave with a review of the Phobia RDA by Vandy Vape. This RDA was sent to me by Vandy Vape for review. Let’s dive down in to what you will receive, all of the need to know features, and how it vapes.

http://www.vandyvape.com/detail/atomizer/66/

lIW2Yxx.jpg

INTRODUCTION

Today I will be going over everything you need to know about one of the latest RDAs by Vandy Vape, the PHOBIA. Like many Vandy Vape products, the Phobia was created as a collaboration between Vandy Vape and a Youtube reviewer. This time around Alex from Vapors MD offered his ideas for the design. Each time they do a collaboration, it seems they accel at aspects that the reviewer feels are most important. This one has a bit more “badass” look to it, while having a bottom air flow which normally leads to better flavor. Only one way to find out, keep on reading!

KYAmUIh.jpg

TVhFkf3.jpg

FEATURES

• 24mm Diameter
  • Postless Quad Terminal Style Build Deck
    • Outer Terminals
      • 3mm Per Terminals
        • Coils Held Down by Philip Screws
    • PEEK Insulator
    • 5mm Deep Juice Well
    • Gold Plated Screws
    • Juice Flow Splitter in Center
    • Dual Center Airlfow
      • 3mm by 2mm Center Airflow Slots
      • 3mm by 3mm Side Airflow Slots
  • Bottom Airflow Design
    • 14mm by 2mm
    • Fully Closeable
  • Gold Plated 510 Contact
    • Squonk-Ready 510 Pin
  • 304 Stainless Steel
  • 810 Drip Tip
    • 11mm Bore Delrin Drip Tip
      • (Black Finish Only)
    • 11mm Bore ULTEM Drip Tip
    • 12mm Wide Bore Proprietary Delrin Drip Cap
      • (Black Finish Only)
    • 12mm Wide Bore Proprietary ULTEM Drip Cap
    • 510 Drip Tip Adapter Included

BOX CONTENTS

· 1 Phobia RDA

· 1 6mm Wide ULTEM Drip Tip

· 1 12mm Wide Bore Proprietary Delrin Drip Cap (black finish only)

· 1 510 Squonk Pin

· Accessory Bag

· Instructional Manual

HhIhVOV.jpg

BUILD DECK

The Phobia RDA features a dual coil post less deck with bottom air flow. I generally like to build on post less decks because they are so simple to build once you do it a couple of times. It also makes for great positioning for the coils within the deck. This deck seems best suited for 2.5-3mm coils, but you could go larger if desired. I found that cutting the coils to just a hair longer than the supplied 810 drip was about the right height for optimal air flow and clearance. On the black model, the entire deck is matte black. The matte color, gold screws, and etching on the sides make it look incredible. It is a nice, simple design and the only down fall I found was the juice well could be a bit larger. When using this RDA on a squonker, I found it a bit too easy to over squonk and juice ran over into the bottom air flow.

SSdDWsD.jpg

3hrksSv.jpg

AIR FLOW

Air flow on the Phobia hits both the bottom and sides of the coil, and the result is some GLORIOUS flavor. I ran the RDA with the air flow wide open, but it is more restricted than many dual coil RDAs on the market. This is probably what helps produce excellent flavor, but it may get quite warm if vaped at 100W and up. Aside from reduced air flow, it is quite noisy as well. It isn’t quite a whistle, but it has a huge WOOSH that is far from stealthy. I can’t stand vaping loud atomizers, so this really got to me. Another con that comes with bottom air flow is a leaky mess from over dripping or over squonking. I have never had a bottom air flow that didn’t have this problem, so it was to be expected.

ADDED FEATURES

A great feature of the Phobia is the addition of lots of spare parts. There are two separate caps to the atomizer that cater to a wide variety of vaping styles. One cap has a built in heat resistant chuff cap, which is either Delrin or Ultem depending on the color of atomizer you purchase. This is great for higher wattage vapors, as it will help keep the whole top cool while vaping. The other cap is a more standard style with a black ribbed 810 drip tip installed, which is compatible with most aftermarket 810 drip tips on the market. They even included a 510 adapter for the 510 faithful out there.

O1koXOT.jpg

CONCLUSION

The Phobia is another great RDA from Vandy Vape. Flavor is by far the biggest attribute that this has, but the simple build deck is a close second. I love the looks of this RDA, and the fact that they include a boat load of parts is a huge bonus. If you can ignore the noisy air flow, and love flavor, then this would be a great RDA for you.

I found the Phobia all over the internet for prices ranging from $23.99-40 with efun.top offering the lowest price.

https://www.efun.top/vandy-vape-phobia-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer.html

Thank you all for reading my review and thank you to Vandy Vape for supplying me with this great RDA for review!

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

logo.png

Last edited:

VU Sponsors