Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Mfeng Kit by Snowwolf

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Mfeng kit by Snowwolf. As always, I keep my reviews unbiased, but this device was sent to me by Sigelei/Snowwolf for review. The Mfeng is the latest mod released by Snowwolf and is a continuation of their “Feng” series. Like the Vfeng and Xfeng before it, this dual 18650 mod utilizes a large colored screen, has a max wattage of 200, has temp control, and adjustable preheat. The kit also comes with the high-powered WOLF sub ohm tank in colors which match the body of the mod. I will dive into the operation, cover the included tank, and give you my final thoughts down at the bottom.

33jqVpe.jpg

kihJTxl.jpg

hBsr179.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Mfeng 200w Box mod

- 1 WOLF tank

- 1 .2 ohm WF coil

- 1 .16 ohm WF-H coil

- 1 spare glass

- 1 Micro USB cable

- 1 User manual

- Available in several colors (new ones coming out all the time)

- Black/Gold, Black/Rainbow, Gold, ALL rainbow, Black/Silver, and the limited edition brushed bronze like mine.

3rsrH8T.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

The Mfeng appears to have the same chipset as the Xfeng and the Vfeng packed into a different frame. The device feels very sturdy in hand and has a fire button like I have never seen before. The entire side is a fire button, but rather than a large fire bar, it functions like a rocker switch with the buttons being at the top or bottom of the bar. It does all for the user to hold it any way they want and still fire it, but I still preferred to press the top portion where a typical button would be. The battery door of the Mfeng is located across the back and is held on by magnets. The tray is clearly marked + and – and has a ribbon to aid in battery removal. The door holds firmly in place and doesn’t have much play in any direction. The mod features a centered 510 pin that can handle a 28mm atomizer without overhang.

BG45lpN.jpg

OPERATION

The screen has a little different layout, and the menu is slightly tweaked, but other than that it appears to be the same to my knowledge. There are a few simple button combinations in addition to the main menu on this device.

BUTTON COMBOS

- Fire button and up button shows level of each battery

- Fire button and down button locks the adjustment buttons

- Up and down buttons together will read resistance for temp control

- 5 clicks of the fire button turns the mod on and off

- 3 clicks of the button enters the main menu

- BELOW IS A RUN DOWN OF THE MAIN MENU

7NyMdPQ.jpg

MODE

- Power

- SS temp control

- Titanium temp control

- Nickel temp control

- TCR temp control

0Nhk6Hj.jpg

SCREEN

- GUI. Used to switch between two different screen layouts

- Brightness. Used to adjust brightness, but from lowest to highest is hardly perceivable

PwKLJiB.jpg

elG8Zs0.jpg

oNVBF9a.jpg

SET

- Power savings - shuts down the screen when vaping to save on battery life.

- Preheat - allows the user to select hard, normal, soft, and user settings. User is a typical preheat with a set amount of wattage and a time frame for which it will preheat.

9ozc5uS.jpg

The menu system is quite simple and easy to read. I give them huge props on taking away the clutter and making it easy to use for all levels of vapors. I even like the nice touch of constellations in the background of the menus.

HOW IT VAPES

The device is easy to operate and fits well in the hand. In all honesty I can say that it operates basically the same as the Vfeng and Xfeng before it. I no longer have those mods to do a side by side, but it seems to be about the same. It goes up to 200W which is more realistic than the previous ones claiming 220 or so. I used mine with the included WOLF tank for most of my review period, but I did put an RDA on to test the TC. TC on this one seems to run hot and I did get some dry hits. It seems to be a lot better than when I dabbled with TC on older models from Sigelei/Snowwolf so it would appear that they are trying to fine tune their chipsets. It did maintain well, and I could feel the power applied taper off and avoid a majorly burnt coil. I still don’t vape in TC much, so I can’t tell you if it is really “good” or not. What I can tell you is that this one fires off very quick in power mode even when set to normal on the preheat settings. As I always do as part of my how it vapes section, I will do a quick run-down on the tanks that comes with the kit. Let’s take a look at the Wolf Tank.

WOLF TANK OVERVIEW

The kit comes complete with a matching tank named the WOLF. The last couple of Sigelei/Snowwolf kits came with some poor tanks, but they have done some tweaking and came up with a decent kit here. The WOLF tank is a high-powered beast with large coils that are designed to run at 80w or better. I ran the WF coil at around 75-80 and found the flavor to be pretty good actually. The WF-H coil requires a power bump up to 95w or so to get it to really come alive. The only gripe I have is they just didn’t last that long. After about 5 refills the WF coil wasn’t wicking well anymore and was getting dry hits nonstop. I kept using it for a while and sometimes it would work and other times it wouldn’t. The coil itself doesn’t look that terrible, but it just wasn’t performing. The WF-H coil on the other hand has had about 10 refills and still performs good. I don’t know if the “spityness” of the coils gives an illusion that they have good flavor, but they do well. I like the air flow that the tank provides, and the top cap has nice, large openings for refilling. The tank has some cons though. The top portion is 100% plastic, so I fear that over time one could strip that out and render the tank useless. Another con is the air flow ring is very loose. It does have a stopper, but it can move all over with easy. I also had times where the tank leaked on me. It didn’t happen often, but here and there I would find liquid sitting on the top of the mod. The last con is the coil availability. I can’t find any that are compatible with these so getting coils locally is a no go. Overall, I like that Snowwolf has taken huge strides to make a complete kit, but they still have a little work to do.

TANK PROS

- Good flavor

- Matches the mod perfectly

- Nice drip tip included

- Smooth air flow

- Good liquid capacity

TANK CONS

- Coil life isn’t very good

- Coils are not available locally

- Slight leaking

- Loose AFC

- Plastic top section might not be in it for the long haul

Top fill with check valve type gasket

fBh1U0c.jpg

Continued.........

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Snowwolf Mfeng is a cool mod. I like the look overall, except for what they did on the back. By far one of the dumbest things they did to ruin the look is add the god-awful Wolf protruding from the back. I love the look of this brushed bronze color, and then BAM huge ugly GOLD wolf head on the back. This is so ugly that it makes me shake my head every time. The chipset isn’t perfect, but I have never had major issues with any of the FENG series devices. The mod itself doesn’t have a lot of cons, but that Wolf head is enough to make me not want to carry it around. As for pros, it feels built well and is solid with no rattles. The battery door is the best of the FENG series and is marked well. The mod performs well and even stayed cool when pumping 100w out to the tank. Many other mods that I run get hotter at that wattage the way I vape. As for cons, I had to nit pick a bit to gather them. The rocking fire button has some play in it, and I don’t really understand why they did the rocking style either. Another con is that the base is kind of narrow, so it is a tippy mod when batteries are removed or when placed on soft surfaces. The last con must be the WOLF head. It ruins all the good styling about this bronze version. If that head was bronze I wouldn’t care, but it was poorly thought out. Since I had a hard time finding REAL cons I have to say this is a decent kit. The tank isn’t terrible by any means and maybe I will find out there are other coil options that fit as well. The mod overall looks good, and they have lots of color options coming out. Performance is decent, and it is a simple device to use. I think it comes down to what the user wants. If they like the look and vape in wattage mode, then I think this is a good fit.

PROS

- Overall styling is nice

- Feels good in hand

- Menu system is simple

- Screen is easy to read

- I am going to assume there will be some firmware upgrades that offer screen background customization because they did it with the Vfeng and Xfeng

- Good Battery door

- Affordable

- Complete kit with decent tank

CONS

- Ruined good styling with gawdy wolf head (some other models it blends in better and the rainbow/black one looks cool)

- Fire button has some play in it

- Narrow base makes it a bit tippy

-

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Snowwolf / Sigelei for sending it my way for review. I am seeing that this kit is starting to pop up in stock online for a low price of about $55-65.

https://www.vapordna.com/SnowWolf-MFENG-200W-TC-Starter-Kit-p/svmfnk.htm

http://store.sigelei.com/Snowwolf-Mfeng-Kit

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors