Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Kylin Mini by Vandy Vape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everything, this is Pizza Dave with a review of the Kylin Mini RTA by Vandy Vape. This RTA was sent to me by Vandy Vape for review. Let’s dive down in to what you will receive, all of the need to know features, and how it vapes.

http://www.vandyvape.com/detail/atomizer/Kylin_Mini_RTA/

KuIBfGq.jpg

INTRODUCTION

Today I will be covering the latest RTA by Vandy Vape, the Kylin Mini. Following the success of its big brother, the Kylin, Vandy Vape released a slimmed down single coil version in the Kylin Mini. Like the Kensei, this RTA features a smaller profile RTA with optional bubble glass to gain capacity while keeping height to a minimum. It features a single coil on a post less deck with 180-degree honeycomb air flow. It looks great, and the extra pop of the resin drip tip makes this stand out in the very saturated RTA market.

KYLIN MINI RTA

· Designed by Stefan Z.

· Superior Stainless Steel Construction

· Pyrex Bubble Glass Reinforcement

· 24K Gold-Plated Build Deck

· Innovative Two-Post, Single Terminal Design

· Single Coil Configurations

· PEEK-Insulated Positive Post

· Dual External Air slots - Fully Adjustable

· 180° Honey Comb Internal Airflow Design

· Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Design

· 810 Resin Wide bore Drip Tip

· Gold-Plated 510 Contact Pin

· Available in Stainless, Black, Gold, Rainbow

4LeOtxw.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The Kylin Mini features a single coil post less build deck. Post less decks can be simple to build on as long as you know the length to cut your coil leads at. I found that using the drip tip as a template for length worked great, as it positioned the coil perfectly over the air flow, and I didn’t have to remove and re-cut. I believe you could fit a 3.5mm I.D. coil on this RTA without any issues, but I opted for a 3mm fused Clapton. Wicking the Kylin Mini can be somewhat finicky. I found it wicked best when the cotton was thinned slightly and only long enough to just barely tuck into the wicking channels. I had a lot of slow wicking, which resulted in dry hits, when I had the wick all the way down to the bottom. To help hold the cotton in place, apply e liquid and tuck into the top of the juice channel before screwing the chimney/glass onto the top. After a few tries the wicking can be nailed down and the overall wicking action works as intended.

P6FS9Jl.jpg

scQ57rN.jpg

bp6qjbn.jpg

VAPING THE KYLIN MINI

The Kylin Mini has mediocre vapor production, but the vapor is dense enough to provide decent flavor. The design makes it look like the ultimate flavor chaser, but I couldn’t get as good of flavor as I anticipated with it. Flavor was best with the air flow turned down to about half. Despite reduced flavor, the Kylin Mini still has a lot going for it. Running a single .27 ohm fused Clapton at 50-60W resulted in excellent battery life and low juice consumption.

U4IiFK0.jpg

CONCLUSION

Vandy Vape continues to provide vapors with new products at an affordable price. I love the size, design, capacity, and build deck that the Kylin Mini provides. Flavor could be a little better, but it is definitely acceptable considering it is a single coil RTA. Of all the Vandy Vape products I have tried, this one has some of the cleanest machining that I have seen. Everything threads together smoothly, and all the o rings are just the right size. I wish Vandy Vape would have included multicolored o rings like they did with the Govad and original Kylin, but I can settle with the black. The only real con that I found was with wicking like I spoke about in the build deck section. Vandy Vape seems to have eradicated the leaking problems which plagued the regular Kylin on this go around. I filled the tank countless times, and still have not witnessed leaking despite the lack of juice flow control. It is great to have peace of mind that when you leave your home, you don’t have to worry about e liquid running out of your tank, so that’s a huge win for Vandy Vape. Overall, I recommend the Kylin Mini based on its simplicity and compact size. Once it is wicked properly it is a great functioning RTA that is great for beginner or advanced vapors.

Size comparison of original Kylin (left) and Kylin Mini (right)
JyYvOds.jpg

The Kylin Mini can be found online from $25-40 from several vendors, but Vapor L has it for the lowest I found.

https://www.vaporl.com/vandy-vape-kylin-mini-rta-tank-atomizer.html

Thank you to everyone for reading my review and thank you to Vandy Vape for providing me with this RTA for review.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

UlUVWAy.jpg

Last edited:

VapeO

Member For 1 Year
How does this RTA stack up to the Pharaoh Mini? Would you say that this is the absolute best single coil RTA?

VU Sponsors