Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Galaxies RDA by Vapefly

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Galaxies MTL rda by Vapefly. This rda was sent to me by Vapefly for review.

l37omlU.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

INTRODUCTION

The Galaxies rda is one of the latest rdas from the company Vapefly. I had not heard about Vapefly much, so I was pleasantly surprised by the product I received. They pay attention to detail and include lots of goodies in the box to get you started right away. The Galaxies RDA is a single coil MTL rda with a lot of different air flow adjustments to dial in the vape for just the right draw. It is available in several colors including black, gold, stainless, and rainbow metal caps. It also has 3 clear cap versions that are blue, clear, and yellow. I have quite a bit to cover, so let’s get right into it!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

- Galaxy MTL rda

- 1 Multi-tool

- 1 Bottom Feed Pin

- 1 Manual

- 1 Cleaning Cloth

- 1 Spare Parts bag (O-rings, screws, etc.)

- 2 Ni80 26 gauge spaced simple coils

- 2 Fused Clapton coils made of Ni80 28ga core w/ 44 ga wrap

kb1GDli.jpg

BUILD DECK

The Build deck of the Galaxies rda is quite simple. It is a dual post system designed for a single coil. There is ample space for the build and the coils are easy to install thanks to the open-ended design. It may look odd at first due to the extra screws on top, but I will tell you more about them later! I used the standard coils that were supplied with this rda first, and then install fused Claptons of my own stock. Both installed with ease without and conductivity problems or issues fitting in the post holes. Not much more to the deck than that, and that is the beauty of it!

Bare deck
kThBxsc.jpg

Fresh Coil - Ni80 simple coil included with this rda

aEplarZ.jpg

All wicked up and ready to go

vpRPKdn.jpg

AIR FLOW

Air flow on this rda is very adjustable. It has a few parts to it I don’t like, but for the most part it is well thought out and functional. First off, the air flow is adjustable by standard means with 3 holes on the top can aligning with three different sized slots on the deck. One slot is 1 hole wide, another is 2 holes wide, and the last one is 3 holes wide. It takes a bit of playing around with it to figured out how these line up just right, but if you investigate the holes, you can see how they align. The 2nd air flow adjustment is a little odd, and this is where those extra post screws come in. Next to the post screws are two other screws. These are directly in the air flow and are fine tuning adjustments for choking off the air flow. Personally, I wish these weren’t in there at all. In my opinion, they could have just left the air flow as a wide-open channel from the top cap adjustment to the coil, but some might want to choke it down more. I ran my screw all the way opened and found the following with the top cap adjustments. 1 hole is a nice mtl draw, 2 holes is loose mtl or a restricted lung hit, and 3 holes is a lightly restricted lung hit. I ran it on 3 holes and did either direct lung or mtl depending on the mood. I found myself vaping it MTL with 2 holes open and the screw adjustment all the way open. So, the build deck is simple, and the air flow is highly adjustable, but what does that mean for flavor?

mjfQgtL.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

The answer to my previous question…. It vapes out of this world really (pun intended). This has such great flavor and adjustments that I don’t know many MTL vapors out there that wouldn’t love it. I don’t normally vape MTL, but with some of the recent MTL rdas that have come out it has turned me on to it in a big way. I ran this at 25-30 watts on my rig RSQ mod, and it gave me great flavor (and battery life) for a long period of time. I love vaping great flavor, while just sipping juice from the squonk bottom. Squonking this rda also works quite well. The juice well is fairly deep, so I never had issues with over-squonking and leaking everywhere. I can sit here and gush more, but I think you get the point. Vapefly did an excellent job with this, and it was one of the more shocking vape experiences I had considering the little bit of hype surrounding it.

PROS

- Styling is quite nice (subjective)

- Compact atty

- Simple to build

- Lots of air flow adjustment

- Complete package – tools, coils, cotton, spare parts

- Squonk pin included and it squonks well

- CHEAP PRICE (20-25 bucks)

CONS

- Air flow adjustment screw has the potential to move over time, but I never saw it.

- Ultem drip tip…. can we please move past Ultem?

Thank you everyone and thank you to Vape Fly for sending it my way for review! If you want to get your hands on one, head on over the links below and check out the vape fly website for more information and other cool products.

Gearbest $18.99

https://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_1631963.html

Vapefly

http://www.vapefly.net/vapefly-galaxy-mtl-rda/

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews with no extra toppings.

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! Thank you everyone, and I will see you next time!

8wMp3yg.jpg

VU Sponsors