Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Galaxies MTL RTA by Vapefly

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everybody, welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Galaxies MTL RTA by Vapefly. As always, I will keep my reviews unbiased, but this RTA was sent to me by Vapefly for review. The Galaxies MTL RTA is the latest product released by Vapefly and is essentially the tank version of their Galaxies MTL RDA. I reviewed that RDA a short while ago and praised it for it’s simplicity, flavor, and overall enjoyment that I experienced using it. Needless to say, I was very excited to get this for review. What I found was, while they both carry the Galaxy name, these are two different animals all together, yet they both have their strong points. This RTA comes in at a hair over 22mm wide, has a single coil build deck, 3 or 5 ml juice capacity, and several points of air flow adjustment. This is a unique atty and has some cool features that make it a great competitor in the MTL market, so let’s dive in, see what it’s made of, and I will have my final thoughts down at the bottom.

lPZFh3R.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Galaxies MTL RTA (3ml glass)

- 1 Extra 510 drip tip

- 1 Spare 5ml Bubble Glass

- 1 Set of Air flow inserts

- 1 Screwdriver

- 1 Pack of cotton

- 1 Set of Ni80 Micro coils

- 1 Pack of spares (O-rings & screws)

- 1 Manual

- Available in Black, Stainless, and matte gold

YG26eNP.jpg

BUILD DECK AND AIR FLOW

The deck on this RTA is a bit different than the RDA version, but due to a bottom air flow vs. side air flow it becomes obvious why they couldn’t copy the deck design. It is simple to build on and allows a decent amount of room for smaller round wire builds. I can see it being difficult to build with flat coils as the set screws enter from the sides, but I don’t think that this was ever designed for larger flat builds anyway. Once the coil is positioned, one will notice that there is a block under the coil that is for air flow. These blocks are changeable and held in place by a set screw. ****Vapefly has informed me that this design has been altered in the retail packaging vs. the review items given out. This includes a different form to the insulation material which helps to hold this block in place more secure and helps to reduce stripping of the block**** I never had issues with these blocks moving, but it is nice to see they tweaked the product before final release to the public. Anyways…. these blocks come with either a single 1.6mm hole or double 1.1mm holes. I generally ran it with the single large hole all the time, as this draw felt right for me. Along with the blocks is the implementation of dual “dial to adjust” air flow inlets (one on each side). Each side has a thumb dial that is numbered to indicate the size of the hole. The smaller the number, the smaller the air hole. Dial 1 has a I and a II, which are .8 and 1.4mm respectively. Dial 2 has a III and a IV, which are 1.2 and 1.6mm respectively. I generally used this with them set to the highest number on each side and it was still a very restricted MTL draw. I don’t mind having these dials, but I feel like they can be perfected. It would be nice if they clicked into position rather than spun so easily. They can be bumped out of position and they require some playing around to perfected align them with the air flow opening on the outside. I dig what they are trying to do here, and it works well, but may take some tweaking to perfect in the future.

0lq16Ge.jpg

FeJsUbL.jpg

WICKING

Wicking…. Probably the only thing that I can pin point as a con. The con with this is how finicky it was to get just right. I used three different forms of cotton with a 75VG liquid and struggled to find the sweet spot repeatedly. I went too light the first time and found my tank completely drained out of the air flow. The second, third, and fourth attempt resulted in dry hits after just a few puffs. I finally ditched my cotton pads, and went with Coil-Master Pro Cotton, and never looked back. It wicked perfectly, and never had dry hits. I found it worked best to make a “wall” along the build deck and just slightly tuck them into the juice flow inlets for best results.

dAaxidx.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

Now that you know the ins and outs of the device, we must talk about what really matters HOW IT VAPES! This is an excellent MTL device. I enjoyed it with 3mg nic, and all the way up to 25mg nic. It sips juice and hardly needs refilling thanks to the low wattage (20-25w) operation. I never felt the need to even install the bubble glass because I never felt the need. This has a much more restricted draw than the Galaxies RDA. If you own a Galaxies RDA, you can expect the RTA with numbers 2 and 4 dialed in, and the large bore installed to draw at about the same rate as the RDA with afc set screws fully open w/ single hole inlet on the afc. The draw is very smooth and the flavor of this is excellent. It is nice to be able to get a good satisfying vape without blowing a huge cloud at times. I love the fact that it sips the liquid and gives me battery life for days when running at just 20w. This also frees up the opportunity to run this on a smaller, more portable device.

MISC. PHOTOS

AOLvr28.jpg

5um7KDm.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

I went into this with a very positive attitude due to my love for the RDA before it, but I started off VERY frustrated with the wicking issues. It sat on my shelf for a couple of days, and I didn’t even want to touch it. However, I am glad that I took another stab at it, as I have been using it a ton over the last couple of weeks. It has nice flavor without a huge cloud or need for 100+ watts. As a result, it sips on liquid, the cotton and coils last a long time, and battery life is excellent. I used the supplied coils in this at first and it vapes real nice with them. It is nice to see a company supply everything needed for a good vape out of the box, and Vapefly has been doing this for a while. I have not used many MTL RTAs, but what I can say is that my experience with this one has been good. Vapefly did a great job for the MTL vapors out there. It is affordable, innovative, functional, and stylish.

PROS

- Good Flavor

- Deck is easy to build on

- I love the look of this rta (subjective pro)

- Air flow is smooth

- Comes with everything in box to get vaping right away

- Price point is very affordable

- Holds a lot of liquid for running a lower wattage MTL build

CONS

- Dial in air flow can be bumped and adjusted a bit too easily

- Wicking takes a few tries, but works great when perfected

- Air flow at it’s peak is quite restricted. So, it may be a bit too restricted for some.

Thank you to everyone for reading my review and thank you to Vapefly for providing me with this RTA for review. I found this on the internet ranging from $20-30. For more information, head on over to the Vapefly website.

http://www.vapefly.net/vapefly-galaxies-mtl-rta/

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors