Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Flux Kit by Wotofo

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by. Today I will be reviewing the Flux Kit by Wotofo. This kit was sent to me by Wotofo, but I will not let this influence me in my opinion. The Flux is the latest regulated mod from the well-known company Wotofo and is a team up between Wotofo and Rig World Wide. This dual 18650 regulated mod is simple, a bit flashy, and compact. The kit comes complete with the Flow Pro sub-ohm tank. Let’s dive down and see what this kit is all about shall we?

SXDNTqp.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

• - 1 Wotofo Flux Mod
  • - 1 Flow Pro Sub-ohm tank
  • - 2 .18 ohm Multi-hole mesh coils
  • - 1 Replacement Bubble Glass
  • - 1 Micro USB cable
  • - 1 Spare Parts bag (o-rings)
  • - Available in Gunmetal, Rainbow, Red, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Green, and White
  • - Mod Dimensions: 91.6mm x 50.8mm x 30.0mm
  • - Tank Dimensions: 44.5mm x 25mm wide (at the base)

Package Contents
Fdod2oy.jpg

Packaging
FoMwfAS.jpg

Stock Photo
Qv4kdzn.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

The Flux 200w mod is a sleek, stylish bare bones device. It is designed for wattage use only, and has very few settings to mess with. It doesn’t even have a menu system beyond led settings. Speaking of leds, this device has a neat little strip right up the middle that is color selectable for color and pattern, but I will touch more on that later. It is powered by dual 18650s that are inserted in the bottom via the standard hinging bottom door. This door is snug and shows no signs of popping open at random; however, it also makes battery removal a bit of a bitch. It fought me on almost every battery swap due the extensive pressure if puts on the batteries and how it slides to latch into place. There are nice markings for positive and negative right on the contacts of the door, which is always a pro. The overall feel of the device in hand is very ergonomic and compact. The entire side (left of the screen) is a hinging fire bar, with the top portion being what is pressed in to fire the device. The fire bar has a good feel to it without being too soft or too firm to pull in, and since it hinges I never felt like I was going to drop the mod when releasing the fire button since it is more of a hand rocking acting than clinching of the grip. The Flux is tall and skinny in appearance, but is still just barely wide enough to fit a 30mm atomizer with minimal overhang. The top is tapered so while it won’t overhang per say, but it has the look of mild overhang. This device features a color screen that shows the mode, wattage, voltage, resistance, and battery level of each battery. On the backside, there is a logo that has some sort of winged design meshed with the Rig World Wide logo.

OPERATION

Since the Wotofo Flux is a basic device, there is little to discuss here. 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off and a few little button combos to enter LED and power menus

BUTTON COMBOS

Press fire and down button to enter the LED lighting menu. This takes you into a working light (when firing) or standby light (after fire is released).

- Working light – choose light patterns of flash, breath, 7 color flash, 7 color breath and also choose between the following colors:

- Yellow/green

- White/blue

- Red

- Purple

- Blue

- Green

- Light Blue

- Standby by light menu – Choose between off, Flash, or Breath. These cycle through all colors, and I wish it would just perform my set color instead of all.

Press the fire button and up button to cycle through power modes. This also changes the display color, which I don’t like. I wish I could stick with a certain color on the screen and match the fire bar, but I can’t.

- Green – Normal operation

- Orange – Powerful mode (adds a slight preheat)

- Red – Powerful + mode (adds a little more preheat)

- These are hardly distinguishable from one another with the included flow pro tank, but I could feel it a bit more with larger builds in rtas and rdas running at 80+ watts.

PHOTO GALLERY

Front
dwaj681.jpg

Back
PafEaUZ.jpg

Working LED Menu
3qfpPW8.jpg

LED Main Menu
ncDX1zw.jpg

Rainbow 1
mZMSSx6.jpg

Rainbow 2
y54x3aa.jpg

Powerful + Red Display
GaVlXY7.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

Overall, when pair to with the Flow Pro tank, this doesn’t perform that bad. I felt like it was rather weak when trying to vape above 100W. I don’t EVER vape over 100, but I took a few bumps with a 4mm build in the Sherman 28mm rda revealed that this seems underpowered. After a handful of puffs at 100w or more, this compact device shows that there is nowhere for the heat to go and it gets very warm. When I vaped this at around 75 watts, I felt that it performed well enough, but it gets warm as well. When vaping at 55-65w with the included tank, it didn’t get nearly as warm. I never like to see my devices get hot as heat and electronics are a bad mix. When boards get hot, they degrade, and it is as simple as that. Another con to how it vapes is that there are no curves, there is no TC, and the power modes feel as if they hardly do anything. It leaves little room to adjust the vape and so you are left with a very basic wattage mode device. This might not be a con for some, but for the advanced vapor, I don’t think they would be overly impressed. It isn’t bad as an entry level kit, so let’s dive into the Flow Pro tank which completes this kit.

FLOW PRO SUB-OHM TANK

The included tank is the big brother of the flow which released last winter. This one integrates the latest crazy of bubble glass and mesh coils in an attempt to keep up with the Joneses. The tank matches the mod perfectly and has nice style. The flavor from the coils is good in my opinion, but it drops off fairly quickly and really drops off at the 25ml mark. I did a side by side test with a Falcon and felt some liquids were just as good, but it didn’t last long. One tank through and it started to fade and held that flavor until the 25ml mark. I had to change out at about 30 ml due to burnt taste, which is pretty low for mesh coils. The 5 ml bubble glass is a nice touch as it lasts a fair amount of time; however, refilling the thing is agonizing. It has a nice firm top swivel design, but there are no markings to show where to press to open. I fumbled around with it every time I filled it and it can be solved by a simple mark on the top cap. Changing the glass or taking it apart is difficult. My o-rings were basically glued to the glass and I struggled to get the straight glass off the tank all together and almost gave up. As an added bonus, the coils are baby beast compatible, so that opens the door for a plethora of coils on the market. Overall, I don’t mind this tank as it works well when paired with the mod. A few small tweaks and QC would go a long way with it, but it isn’t awful by any means. On a side note, I noticed that this tank brought out the creams of certain flavors, but took away sweetness of some other liquids I vape frequently.

PROS

- 5ml bubble glass option

- 810 drip tip and 510 drip tip included

- Matches the mod nicely

- Flavor is in the middle road of mesh tanks on the market. I feel the vape is close to that of the Geekvape Aero w/ mesh coils

- Experienced zero leaking

- Baby beast compatible coils

CONS

- Coil life is minimal for mesh

- Top fill cap has no indication of where to press to open

- Glass has o-rings melted to it out of the box

iDoAPOP.jpg

CONTINUED

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

Overall, I really don’t mind this kit, but I am also a vapor that vapes in the range where it performs best. It performs great with the included tank, and works just fine with wattages under 90 or so. The key word is wattages, as that is all that this does. It is bare bones on settings, which keeps it simple, but it won’t appeal to those who like to fine tune their vape or vape in temperature control mode. The display on this is nice, but is also difficult to read on sunny days. The leds are well done and can be shut off, I just wish they tweaked some options for the standby colors to be solid rather than color changing. The green, orange, and red displays for power modes are lame as I would love to just select the color separately than my mode. Maybe people don’t like green, but want normal mode? They are stuck with that, and that’s a con. I can’t bash on this device too bad for what it is, as it is geared as an entry level kit. It fits the bill as someone’s first “big” box mod, and performs well as a kit. It will be a letdown for those who vape at higher wattages or want more options.

PROS

- Ergonomic

- Paint appears to be solid

- Simple for beginners

- Lots of color options

- Good battery indicators

- Display looks great in low light and I love the layout

CONS

- Battery door is almost too tight and I found that I fired the mod when trying to open

- Wattage only and not much for adjustment

- Wattage performance over 100 suffers

- Device gets hot when vaping over 100

- Included tank is ok, but there are several others on the market that beat it

- LEDs look good, but could have more options

- Mod gets hot when vaping over 75 watts and gets very hot over 100

Thank you everyone and thank you to Wotofo for sending it my way for review. If you are interested in this device, I have found on a few sites for about $70.

https://www.myvaporstore.com/Wotofo-Flux-Kit-p/woto-flu10.htm

https://www.elementvape.com/wotofo-x-rig-mod-flux-200w-flow-pro-starter-kit

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors