Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Draco by Modefined

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews and today is the day that we discuss the Draco by Modefined. I always keep my reviews unbiased, but this device was sent to me by Health Cabin for review. Modefined is a new company to the world of vaping but being a spin-off of Lost Vape, they have a firm footing on what vapors want and have released some great products for a lower price since day one. The Draco is their latest mod to hit the market, and in my opinion has got to be one of the best. It is a dual 18650, with 200w of max power, temperature control, a large screen, and feels like a device should be higher priced than it is. I will dive into how it works, the menu system, and give you my final thoughts down at the bottom.

geLDaWK.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Modefined Draco mod

- 1 USB cable

- 1 User manual

- Available in Black, Blue, Red, and Silver

CcvVYvc.jpg

DESIGN

The Draco is one of those devices that when I look at it, it just makes me grin. It has all the styling aspects that I enjoy including a nice finish, great shape, large screen, and great feel in hand. The outer edges have textured finish that consists of a durable, polymer like material that is a pleasure to hold and offers a firm grip on the device. The bottom battery door has a sliding latch, which holds the door firmly in place. Battery markings are on the contacts themselves and could be a little brighter but are not terrible by any means. The face of the mod houses one of the most prominent features of the device, the 2” color screen. They did nice job with the layout and color options, which I will touch on more in the operation section. For ease of navigation the mod has up/down buttons, and an enter button. Every button, including the fire button, has a good feel to it and I get zero rattles from this device. Now back to that big screen…. It’s got a lot going on and my next section will attempt to ease you into the navigation of the device.

7NGKW2U.jpg

kfG5MT9.jpg

OPERATION

This segment is a bit tricky with the Draco. It has a large beautiful screen, but it has a lot of options to cover. The nice thing about this mod is it is all laid out in a fashion where one can pop into the settings menu and just dive right in. There are no hidden menus, or hidden button combinations. It is all right there in plain sight. The only button combination this has is 5 clicks to lock and unlock the device. The only way to power the device down is to remove the batteries.

- Mode – Changed by highlighting the mode on the main screen and clicking enter

- Power

- Bypass

- Temp Control for SS, Ti, and Ni

- In Temp control mode, one can then highlight the preheat wattage on the screen and adjust from 30-150w.

To enter the main menu, highlight the settings logo (gear) and press the enter button. Here is a summary of this menu.

- Clean puff – puff counter and resetting the puff counter

- Puff Time – 0-15s timer for how long you can vape on a single press of the fire button

- Stress Res – Shows the resistance of the atomizer on top

- TCR – set the temperature coefficient for temp control

- Curve – adjustment screen for 4 memory mode settings for wattage curves

- Compensate Temp – Allows for compensation of ambient temp which can aid in temp control operation

- Temp Degrees – Change between Celsius and Fahrenheit

- Boost Mode – Like many mods, it adjusts a slight preheat for wattage mode. Standard, Power1, Power2 (Soft, Normal, Hard in other company’s lingo)

- Auto Locked – Set a time for the device to automatically lock out

- Sleep time – Set a time to go to sleep mode, which then displays a clock

- Switch Theme – Switch between two different screen layouts

- Switch Clock – Switch between two different clock layouts (digital or analog)

- Font – Switch between three different fonts

- Color – When in Theme A this allows the user to select 6 different color highlights to the screen, but the background stays the same blue honeycomb. Colors include Blue, White, Green, Orange, Yellow, Purple.

- Wallpaper – When in Theme B, this allows the user to select 6 different color highlights, which also change the background. Colors include Blue w/ honeycomb background, purple w/ diamond background, orange w/ enlarged diamond background, yellow w/ wood grain background, and white w/ a blank blue background.

- Brightness

- Date and time settings

- Restore settings

- Software version

- Back (one can always exit the menu by hitting the fire button)

mnZ1nuz.jpg

j5z3LjJ.jpg

smyxUSl.jpg

Q5POwGe.jpg

ZNzrCDv.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

I can skip this section and just say good. It works well in wattage mode and has a lot of settings for preheat and curves to adapt to whatever the user wants. I tested temp control with this a bit and found that it heated and controlled the temp with stability. I ran it down to dry cotton and the mod tapered the output off enough to NEARLY avoid a dry hit. I could feel as if my coil was getting dry, but I never had a choking, burnt hit. I am no temp control expert and just now getting into it for testing purposes, but I will continue to test and learn the function a bit more to give you the best reviews I can. Overall, I think that this mod has enough on the settings front to provide a satisfying vape for just about anybody.

1QbivD4.jpg

JfXEwSO.jpg

CONTINUED BELOW.........................

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

I think I have gushed over this mod enough and now it is time for my real thoughts. Do I love this mod? Yeah, I can safely say I do. It appeals to me visually and functionally. I have reviewed a lot of mods that let me down and this one just does it for me and I had a hard time moving past it to jump into my next reviews. It has a lot more pros than cons. There are a couple of subjective cons, which include color options. I am not a fan of all their color options and wallpapers, so I tend to stick to some of the more basic ones. I hope they release some updates that allow for a little more tinkering, but until they do I guess we are stuck with these choices. Another con is the clock. I don’t like mods that have a lingering clock and this one is predominant (about 45 seconds after it goes to sleep). Another con is battery life. With a screen this large with animations at all times I came to expect this could tax the battery a bit. Add in the clock that stays on for what seems like an eternity and battery is being used up beyond just vaping on it. I have mine going into sleep mode earlier than I’d like just to get the screen off and save some battery life. I did however find that by pressing the up/down buttons simultaneously the device goes into stealth mode. It will fire, lock, and unlock all while the screen is off. However, it will not be allowed to change modes, adjust wattage/temp, or enter the menu, so it dumbed down enough when in stealth mode. In my opinion, the pros outweigh the cons on this device. Many cons are just subjective items that I picked at to come up with cons. Many of these can or will be remedied by firmware upgrades in the future. I can’t seem to set this mod down, so I have give a solid thumbs up on it. Nice job Modefined!

PROS

- Great design

- Big, gorgeous screen

- Tons of adjustments for wattage, curves, and TC

- Ergonomic

- Solidly latching battery door

- Zero rattles

- Firmware upgradable

- Price point seems cheaper than what it is worth

- Easy to access stealth mode

- Lots of built in customization

CONS

- Annoying clock when in “sleep” mode

- Battery life is not the best

- Menu system is lengthy as all settings are laid out without sub menus

Thank you all for checking out this review and thank you to Health Cabin for sending it my way for review. If you are interested in picking yourself up a Draco, I am seeing it at several sites for about $50-65. Health Cabin has them in stock at a price of $65.

https://www.healthcabin.net/lost-vape-modefined-draco-mod-p/18311.html

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings.

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You do awesome reviews @pizzadave80. Thanks for all the info on this Draco. That looks like a good device. I will probably want to get one at some point.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Frank. Caught a lot of flack on reddit today.... one guy said all I do is post reviews and dont comment enough on other stuff.... I've been so busy I haven't hardly had time to even post reviews let alone browse that stuff

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors