Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Berserker MTL kit by Vandy Vape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be reviewing the Berserker MTL kit by Vandy Vape. As always, I keep my reviews unbiased, but this kit was sent to me by Vandy Vape for review. The Berserker MTL is latest release into the Berserker family of vaping hardware, which is a collaboration between Alex from Vapors MD and Vandy Vape. Many of the previous releases were praised for brining mouth to lung vaping back into the scene and after testing some of these out, I can see why many enjoy this form of vaping. Let’s dive down in, see how it operates, and I will see you down at the bottom for my final thoughts.

dBtG4Oi.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Berserker 1100mah battery
- 1 Berserker MTL tank w/ pre-installed 2mL glass
- 1 1.5 ohm coil (7-15w)
- 1 1.8 ohm coil (7-13w)
- 1 3.5mL bubble glass
- 1 Tapered 510 drip tip
- 1 USB cable
- 1 Manual and misc. paperwork
- 1 pack of spare O-rings
- Available in Matte Black, SS, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, White, Blue, Red, Green, Purple

j2C7TJu.jpg

R5pRcmJ.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OPERATION

Since this is a basic “stick-style” device the operation is very simple. 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off for power. When powered down, hold the fire button for 3s to change between constant voltage (amber led indication) or direct output mode (white led indication). When the battery is low, the led indicator will light up red. The mod also has all the basic protections which are indicated by the LED flashing in a certain sequence.

- Overtime – 3 flashes of the LED
- No-atomizer – 10 flashes of LED
- Short circuit – 10 flashes of red LED
- Low voltage – 10 flashes of red LED and device will no output when under 1.0 ohm.

CHARGING LED INDICATION

ONejV8g.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

I have tried several pod and starter systems in the last few months and every time I use the same salt-nic based e liquid which is a 70/30 ratio liquid with 25mg of nic salt. With this device I was getting dry hits frequently with the 1.5 ohm coil. It seemed to be a bit better with the 1.8 ohm coil, but I still noticed it some when chain vaping. This is unfortunate because the flavor of the 1.5 ohm coil was better than the 1.8 ohm coil, but also because I really like this certain nic salt juice and I felt like I couldn’t use it in this device. Locally, I was limited to just a few salt nic liquids that I could use as many are a 65/35 or 70/30 pg/vg ratio. The air flow of the tank is adjustable, but all of them are definitely MTL. Even the largest hole is straight up MTL and not designed for direct to lung inhale. I enjoyed this most with the smallest two holes as the flavor bumped up a little at that point. Liquid capacity is high enough with bubble glass to get all the way through a work day, and the battery life lasts beyond one tank.

HAND CHECK

r4PzBg3.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

It is nice to see Vandy Vape diving into the entry level market, but it appears they missed the mark. As I mentioned above, the flavor didn’t impress me, and when I encountered dry hits with the liquid I wanted to use, that was enough to make me want to stop using it all together. The cons don’t end with that. Another one is when I had this device sitting in my desk it tipped over a lot. Fortunately, the glass never broke, but it was always on my mind. Another con is with battery level indication as I never knew how much was left until it was running on empty. I love when companies have some sort of LED pattern that gives at least a rough idea of how much is left. I get “battery anxiety” on devices like this and find myself always charging the device to make sure it won’t go dead on me when I am out and about. It has a few pros, but many of them are subjective. I think it looks nice, and with the wide array of colors, there must be one that appeals to everyone. It is easy to use, which is critical with starter kits. Liquid capacity lasted me all the way through the work day, and battery life went beyond a tank as well, so they got that part right! I never find myself grabbing this on the go, so with that I can safely say that other starter kits and pod systems appeal to me more. I think the biggest faulter to this device is the competition. If this was released a while back, I would have dealt with the cons and the flavor as it would have been ahead of some other devices. Right now, there are just so many good options in this market, and it falls short because of that.

PROS

- The design looks good in my opinion
- Inexpensive
- Compact (not as compact as pod systems)
- MTL draw is adjustable
- Liquid capacity is good
- Lots of color options

CONS

- Flavor is lacking
- Dry hits with liquid over 65/35 ratio
- Tips over easily
- Not as pocket friendly as pod systems

Thank you everyone for reading and thank you to Vandy Vape for providing me with this for review! I have been seeing this at a few places on the internet with an average price of $30-40. I anticipate more sites and stores to be carrying this soon. For more information, head on over to Vandy Vape's Wesbsite!

Pizza Dave – real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors