Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - An RTA Review - The Bombus by Oumier

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Bombus RTA by Oumier. This RTA is one of the more recent releases from Oumier, yet it was released under the radar and not talked about by many. This single coil rebuildable features a 4-hole deck (for different coil wrap direction), 3.5ml capacity w/ bubble glass, has bottom airflow, and a unique top fill system. Let’s dive in a take a closer look at this RTA and see what I think of it.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Buybest for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• Bombus RTA
  • 2ml Straight Glass
  • 3.5ml Bubble Glass
  • Coil
  • Cotton
  • Tools
  • Spare parts
  • Paperwork

Available in Stainless, Black, Rainbow, and Gold.

STOCK SHOT
LNPBrcZ.jpg

PACKAGING
jHIsGcK.jpg

UNBOXED
IZie3AP.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The deck of this RTA is quite simple. It features two side posts w/ 4 slotted channels for coil leads. The deck is quite simple to build on and shouldn’t present a problem for anyone attempting to build on it. I love the 4-slot configuration, as it allowed me to install whatever coils I wanted to, even if they were wrapped overhand or underhand. I had no issues with round wire, or fused Claptons, but I could see it being a bit tight if you wanted to go with a super beefy build. The flat head screws are a better option than Allen keys to me, so I like that they went flat head here.

Wicking on this RTA is a breeze as well. I installed wicks in this 4 times, and each time, it wicked perfectly without and leaking. Since this offers rounded holes for wicking, I ended up thinning my wicking out to make them fit loosely in the holes. I also snipped them just long enough to barely tuck into these holes and found it to be right on the money each time.

AIR FLOW

This is a bottom airflow RTA, which features 3 holes on each side for adjustment. I rocked mine with 2 of the 3 holes open, and it offers a smooth draw, with just the right amount of air for me. It is middle of the road for amount of airflow, as it isn’t super airy, but not restricted much either. The air flow comes up through the bottom and hits the outer edges of the coils and right up the chimney. The way the draw is was one of the best attributes that stood out on this one.

ADDITIONAL INFO

Like I said in the intro, the Bombus has a unique fill system. Rather than a sliding or removable top cap, this one rotates about 90 degrees and reveals two medium sized fill ports. It never bothered me much in regard to filling, but it limits drip tip real estate with this design. The included tip has a tapered bottom to offer more room, but larger 510 drip tips will cover these holes slightly and can create a mess. At first this cap was snug and felt great. However, the more I used it, the more liquid got into the seal. Eventually this opened and closed very easily, too easily for my liking. I also don’t see a way to replace this seal if it gets damaged, and that could equate to a leaking tank if it doesn’t get sealed up properly.

PHOTO GALLERY

PNRtmk3.jpg

OspPvZM.jpg

pa8g39F.jpg

sKdLzX1.jpg

mQp9yvj.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

It’s been a while since I had a dedicated single coil RTA, so this was a nice change of pace. It is easy to build and wick, so right away I felt good about it. The tank, at 3.5ml isn’t too bad, since the single coil doesn’t drink the juice as fast as a large dual coil atomizer. The bubble glass also isn’t too obnoxious, so I dig the look of it. It has some nice attributes for sure, but how does it vape? I felt like this was a middle of the road atomizer for flavor. I wasn’t blown away by it but wasn’t let down either. The smooth draw and lack of leaking are pros that I love, but I felt like it lacked a little for me. It might be bad timing on its part, as I am coming off reviews like the Zeus X and Profile Unity, which are flavor chucking tanks in my opinion, but it is what it is. Not a bad tank for single coil fans, and a good option for someone that wants to get into building, as single coils offer a little more simplicity for beginners. One thing Oumier always seems to get right is the price, and at just a hair over $20, this is affordable enough to buy it just to try it. More pros than cons on this one, so I give it a nod for a solid budget friendly RTA.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? This is a no for me. I will gravitate for RTAs that are a hair higher in price but offer more of a flavor punch.

PROS

• Simple build deck
  • Forgiving to wick
  • Smooth airflow
  • Affordable price point

CONS

• Flavor is 6 out of 10
  • Top refill method got loose over time (still not likely to pop open in a pocket)

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Buybest for sending this my way for review. I am seeing it online for $20-25.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors