Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - A Pod System Review - The Degree by Vaporesso

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Degree by Vaporesso. Yes, another pod system review. I know I know… BUT I am going to spoiler alert the hell out of this one, but it is good. There you have it, no reason to read. Let’s just get right to it and see why I think this eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Vaporesso for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Vaporesso Degree 950mah device
  • 1 CCELL 1.3-ohm pod
  • 1 Mesh .6-0hm pod
  • 1 Liquid fill bottle
  • 1 Micro USB cable
  • 1 Small Lanyard
  • 1 Chain Lanyard
  • Paperwork

Available in three black framed models with blue, lava, and carbon panels. Also available in silver frames in marble, red, and silver carbon fiber.

STOCK SHOT
16NSs9A.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
hIwVpyB.jpg

OUT OF BOX
gZcK4cG.jpg

MISC. INFORMATION
  • Measurements – 90.5mm x 41.5mm x 16.4mm
  • Battery - 950mah
  • Capacity – 2mL
  • Range – 5-30w
  • Other features – OLED display, push to fill system, and 2-amp charging.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

With so many pod systems coming out all of the time I open them with a rather meh attitude. However, this one sparked my interest. It has a great style to it, and the side panels look great. It is compact, has a nice sized screen, full range of adjustment, and push to fill. There is a lot that got me pumped to test it out, so let’s dig deeper.

OPERATION

Vaporesso kept it simple as we would expect for a pod system. The device is powered off and on with 5 clicks of the fire button. From there, we have up and down buttons for adjusting the wattage output. These are locked into the range of the coil, which is great for beginners. Example, the CCELL is rated at 5-12.5w, so that is all it gives you to choose from. It adjusts in .1-watt increments which is appreciated with such a small range of wattage. There are a few other things that this does as well.

• Pressing the fire and up buttons together flips the display
  • Pressing the fire and down buttons together opens up an adjustment from 0 to 10, but I don’t know what this is for the life of me. Might be brightness, but if so, it isn’t noticeable to me.
  • 3 clicks of the fire button will lock the adjustment buttons, but the device will still fire.

That is about all you need to know. Simple and effective.

PODS

We all know that pod systems are trash if they don’t have decent pods or coils, so let’s see what Vaporesso has done here. These are in behind a door like we are used to seeing. Inside this door, you will find a pull ribbon. Plucking the pods out is super satisfying as they swivel right out with ease. Since the pods are equipped with the push to fill system, the only time this door comes off is to change the pod. This can be filled in place right at the top. Both pods hold 2mL of liquid and it comes with either the 1.3-ohm CCELL option or .6-ohm pod. These are 100% replaceable pods, with non-interchangeable coils. I found that these coils are duds out of the box, but after a little bit of break in they come alive. The CCELL is worse than the mesh, but both have a degree of break in needed before they are decent. Once they get to that point, they perform well, but more on that in the next section.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

HhnIz6u.jpg

xLCxHr7.jpg

IVI5ISW.jpg

HgXcNqt.jpg

5h9TT8H.jpg

DrNwJpb.jpg

OYe24RE.jpg

W7bbijx.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Like I spoiled in my intro, this device is good. It is so good, that I might say it is one of the best pods that I have tried in 2019. The flavor from the pods is top notch. Mesh edges out the CCELL just a bit, but both are good. Like I said above, they take a little to break in, but they start to produce solid flavor in no time, and they hold this flavor for roughly 16 mLs or so before they start to drop out severely. Vaporesso has jammed a bunch of great and appreciated features into this device, and it makes for a solid device. I am just going to ramble on about the pros for a minute. Having a screen and adjustable wattage is great, especially when they limit the range of adjustment to what each pod is made for. The air flow is adjustable at the top, so one can dial in the draw they want. The pods are push to fill, so they are mess free and fast to refill. The body feels solid with zero rattles or movement of the pod door. The pods are easy to pop out thanks to the pull ribbon. Did I mention how nice this looks? Each one has a stylish design in my opinion, and it looks sleek and simple. Battery life is also stellar with both pods getting me through 2 workdays with a refill each day. Charging is quick as well thanks to 2-amp charging. It has a long list of pros and I have VERY little to even complain about, so I am just going to throw out some nitpicky crap. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the mod, so if it gets lost, you are screwed. That’s about it.

One thing I didn’t mention is the advertised “dry hit protection” which is supposed to detect when a coil is dry. I could feel this going dry before it kicked in, so I wouldn’t rely on it to prevent a dry hit or damaging the coil. I also didn't discuss the markings inside the door showing the range of each pod. Pretty neat.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Yessir. Need to get me more pods for this one and keep on using it.

PROS

• Good flavor
  • Adjustable airflow
  • Adjustable wattage
  • Good battery life
  • Compact size
  • Push to fill system
  • Good pod life
  • Nice styling

CONS

• Proprietary drip tip

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Vaporesso for sending this my way for review. These are just hitting the market and are listing for about $50.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors