Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - A CLOSED Pod System Review - The 1k by Kilo E-liquids

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the 1k closed pod system by Kilo. Kilo is an eliquid manufacturer, so it seems like a logical step for them to dive into a closed pod system market which allows them to feature their own liquids in prefilled pods. The Kilo 1K is a compact pod system, not much different than a Juul. It easily one of the best looking compact pod devices I have seen and has a great rubberized texture. At first glance, I felt like they made a winner here, so let’s dive down and see what I think of it.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Kilo for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 - Kilo 350mah battery
  • 1 – 45mg Dewberry flavored 1.5ml pod
  • 1 - USB charging cable
  • Paperwork

***My sample may be different from all retail versions. For the most part it seems like the pods are all 45mg nic salt liquids.

Available in Black, Blue, and Red

Packaging
Xpz0TMl.jpg

dcUoaBu.jpg

Out of Box
y2r3xwY.jpg

Stock Shot
kiQT7wu.jpg

OPERATION

This won’t take much to go over. This device has no buttons or anything like that, so all you gotta do is charge it, pop a pod on, and vape. There is an LED light on top that illuminates red while charging and turns white when complete. This same LED is on in white while vaping and changes to red when the battery is low.

I really wish it had more of a notification than that. At least a Juul goes dark green, then light green, then dead. Three stages of battery life are a must for me. Once the battery is dead, it is charged via micro usb. That’s really all there is to it.

HOW IT VAPES

This section is greatly dictated by the flavors I was sent for review. Essentially, I get a very Juul like experience from this pod system; however I get much longer pod life. It felt like eternity before I killed a completely new pod. I want to say I charged the device 3 times before the pod was low at all. That being said, battery life could be just a hair better. It was barely enough to be used as my primary device for daily use. Either a second battery or charging mid day can be expected for people that vape more than myself.

Since this is a closed pod system, I will touch on each pod I tested and give my personal opinion on them. They offer a TON of flavors, which is a great option for people seeking more than Juuls handful. All of the pods I tested were 45mg, and had more of a throat hit than the 50mg I get in a Juul. They are great for someone coming off of smoking, but a little harsh for a guy that is now normally vaping 3mg in larger setups.

SWEET MANGO – 45mg, 50/50 vg/pg, 1.8-ohm

Their mango flavor was one of my personal favorites. It seemed to pop with the refreshing fruit flavor more than I got with the other pods. After a few puffs, I was able to get used to the throat hit of their liquid and found myself enjoying it.

DEWBERRY FRUIT – 45mg, 50/50 vg/pg, 1.8-ohm

Dewberry is probably one of the most well known flavors that Kilo has produced. The mix of honeydew melon and other fruits is a liquid that I have vaped a fair amount of in standard form. As a nicotine salt pod, the flavor is reduced down quite a bit as expected, but it is still a solid, enjoyable flavor. I struggled to decide if I liked mango or this better.

MENTHOL TOBACCO – 45mg, 50/50 vg/pg, 1.8-ohm

I was pretty pumped to try this because one of my favorite closed pods is the Mint from Juul. It is a go to pod for me when I am going somewhere with a Juul. This is nothing like that. It has a hint of menthol with a simulated tobacco that doesn’t taste natural. I just couldn’t get into it, and it was a letdown.

OTHER FLAVORS AVAILABLE

Like I said before, they have a lot of other flavors out there. It seems that 50/50 and 45mg is their go to for all of them. Here is a complete flavor list from Kilo

• Strawberry
  • Nutty
  • Menthol Tobacco
  • Lemon Berry Ice
  • Dewberry Fruit
  • Smooth Tobacco
  • Green Apple Candy
  • Lemon Meringue
  • Strawberry Milk
  • Sweet Mango
  • Fruit Tart
  • Milk Coffee
  • Peach
  • Blue Raspberry Ice
  • Green Apple Ice
  • Strawberry Ice
  • Dewberry Fruit Ice

PHOTO GALLERY

Xpz0TMl.jpg

7ZWDZPW.jpg

8Icz8Gt.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

Out of the box, the Kilo 1k is an impressive little pod system. I really like the looks and feel of it in hand. The draw is the perfect MTL draw for me, and I didn’t have a single issue during use. The pod flavors aren’t too bad, and they have a ton to choose from. Some of the only cons that I can come up with are that I would have liked to see at least a 3 stage battery indication rather than “battery good” and “battery needs charging”. The last con is that their nic salt is a little harsher than others. It is possible that the throat his is stronger because of increased output over a Juul, but maybe they just don’t have as good of nic? Either way, I think that this is a solid pod system for someone looking to kick cigarettes or a current vapor that wants a simple, worry free pod system for on the go.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? I normally don’t vape closed pods often, so that’s a loaded question here. I like having a Juul, but don’t like the company. Out of that thought alone, I would support Kilo. Another huge thing is price. I see these for like half of what a Juul is.

PROS

• Decent flavor
  • Nice looking design
  • Rubberized finish
  • Tons of different flavors

CONS

• Battery indication is either good, or dead
  • 45mg nic feels harsher than some other closed pod liquids

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Kilo for sending it my way for review. I am seeing these online for about $20 and a 4 pack of refills for $18.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

BONUS REVIEW – KILO SOURS LINE

gCxp83z.jpg

I was given a few of their new sours line to try out. I tested Blue Raspberry, Blue Raspberry Ice, and Mango Tango. All of their liquids had a decent quality about them. They were ready to vape out of the box and didn’t have any harsh or chemical taste about them. They also are not a brand that is overpowered with flavoring or sweeteners. I felt like all three liquids were toned down a little, but also provided the flavors as described by their profiles. Here are my thoughts on each.

MANGO TANGO – 70vg/30pg 3mg

This liquid is a good one if you like mango. I haven’t found too many mangos that I really got into, but this just did it for me. It is smooth, and juicy, and always left my mouth watering. Definitely recommend.

BLUE RASPBERRY SOURS – 70vg/30pg 3mg

This liquid is hit or miss for me depending on the day. It has a nice blue raspberry candy flavor that isn’t very sour. There are soooo many blue raspberry liquids out there and this is just another that gets lost in the shuffle. Don’t love it….don’t hate it

BLUE RASPBERRY SOURS ICE – 70vg/30pg 3mg

This is essentially the same blue raspberry, but with some menthol. I like how they did the menthol here, as it isn’t overpowering. All it did was added a cool factor to the liquid that subsequently cleans the palette and made some of the flavor pop differently. I don’t vape menthols when it is -20 degrees outside, so didn’t hit this very hard but I definitely see myself getting into this once it warms up a bit more outside.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors