Become a Patron!

PIZZA DAVE DELIVERS - THE PARANORMAL 250C BY LOST VAPE

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, and today I am delivering a review of the Lost Vape Paranormal 250C. This device was sent to me by Sourcemore for review. The Paranormal is one of the latest devices to hit the market from Lost Vape and features Evolv’s latest chipset, the DNA250C. It is a dual 18650 device which has a maximum wattage of 200w, but since it has a DNA chipset within, it has many more options when it comes to output. I will dive into the operation of this device, how I vapes, and I will give you my final thoughts down at the bottom.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Lost Vape Paranormal 250C mod
  • 1 Male to Female USB cable (for using as a power bank)
  • 1 USB charging/upgrade cable
  • 1 Suction Cup (for removing doors)
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 Replay Manual
  • Some include extra panels, mine came with Carbon Fiber pre-installed and came with wood panels in the box
  • Available in a polished gunmetal and silver frame. Many different color options from there on after. Below is a photo of the many options you can buy.

STOCK SHOT 1
IMbM4KX.jpg

STOCK SHOT 2
EuCabGb.jpg

PACKAGING
Qh44A04.jpg

OUT OF BOX
NSUb9Zj.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

I won’t sugar coat it, I was very excited to finally get my hands on one of these. I have had my hands on a few DNA C models, but the styling of this device has always appealed to me. Lost Vape has been known to incorporate fine materials on the outside of their devices which makes them stand out, and the Paranormal is no exception. My model is the Black Carbon/Red Kevlar on the Gunmetal frame and there are several different color options out there. Right out of the gate, Lost Vape puts on a presentation. The packaging is the nicest I have seen and is more like a box housing a piece of fine jewelry instead of a vaping device. Overall, the device feels solid in every way. Everything from the weight, the finish, misc. materials, and even the battery compartment (hinging battery door) are well thought out and made to be robust. From top to bottom, it doesn’t appear to be just an average dual 18650 device. It is highly photogenic, and first impressions give off a great vibe, but let’s see what happens when we dig deeper.

OPERATION

Pop the batteries in, hit the fire button, and here we go. 5 clicks of the fire button unlocks the device, and the screen changes state to reveal a very basic layout. The top row represents the mode or material of the coil, the second row is for the temperature or wattage settings, and the bottom row is reserved for mod settings. I could go on and on and on about the settings of this device, but there is so much that I would probably miss something. These devices display a ton of information, and the majority you don’t really need to dive right into. Out of the box it is a highly useable device, but couple this with a PC and you will find that you can tweak just about every aspect of this mod. When the time comes for you do dive in and start playing around, I strongly suggest viewing some tutorial videos on how to properly use Escribe, and definitely hit up the Evolv forum which has a plethora of misc. information on this chipset. That being said, I do wanna cover some of the basics of the device and how it will function with the factory settings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the scrolling of this device is done via three face buttons. The top button moves up, the middle is like an enter key, and the bottom moves the curser down. The top bar of the display is for modes and are changed by highlighting it, pressing the middle button, and scrolling through with the up and down buttons. Factory settings are Kanthal Power, SS 430 TC, SS 316 TC, Titanium TC, Nickel 200 TC, Watt boost (like a high preheat power mode), Watts, and Replay. Out of the box, many of these are somewhat self-explanatory and have become a bit of an industry standard. To summarize, power mode is accurate, and it performs great on this. Many will stick to power mode, but DNA devices are known to really shine in temp control, and temp control on this device doesn’t skip a beat. Lastly, we have the very interesting and new, Replay Mode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REPLAY MODE

I think that replay mode deserves its own section away from regular operation as it is in many ways ground-breaking. If you are an avid reader of my reviews, then you know that I don’t commonly use temperature control. I dabble with it a little, but just never got into it. Temp control has its faults, but those who love it really love it. However, it can contain lots of tweaking and fiddling around, and it takes some trial and error before one can really understand everything about it. With Replay Mode, Evolv has simplified the idea of temp control, and made it a much simpler process. No, this isn’t temp control per say, but it basically acts like a dumbed down version of it. To use replay mode, one must have a temperature control wire material (SS, Ti, Ni200). As you operate in replay mode, it will pop up as “recording”. Once you think you have it to the point that it is just right, then hit “save puff” in the middle of the screen. From there on out, it will attempt to recreate that perfect puff again and again. It corrects for a warming coil, reduction in liquid, etc. to provide a consistent vape every time. As a bonus, this also helps to prevent dry hits. When liquid starts to dry up in the cotton, the characteristics of the coil change, and the mod adjusts for this and applies less voltage to the coil. If you keep attempting to vape, it will keep on dropping the voltage until essentially nothing is happening. This is a common “side effect” that temp control users love, but I was surprised to see this happen in replay as well. I started off using this mod as a wattage device only, but once I discovered replay, there was no going back. The consistency of the vape makes it one of the most pleasant vaping experiences that I have had, and it is a shame that this type of temp control has not come out sooner.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO GALLERY

PARANORMAL GALLERY
lnNl7OE.jpg

qXedWLy.jpg

qVNL2sD.jpg

thZQcPF.jpg

6DpDRYM.jpg

x0dJTtw.jpg

ja7bopx.jpg

CONTINUED BELOW.....................

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

The sky is the limit to the kind of vape you will get off the Paranormal. With things like replay mode, excellent TC, and a solid wattage mode, there isn’t much left but to start enjoying the vape this provides. Escribe can be used to fine tune battery performance, curves, TC accuracy, themes, layouts, and more, but for those who don’t have access to a computer this will work great right out of the box. As much as I love this device, it has it’s share of cons. One very noticeable con is that it just isn’t super ergonomic. It is a bit too deep from front to back and feels like my hand is more open when holding this, and thus less secure. It is a well-built device, but my model had some blemishes with the side panels. One side is sunk in a bit, and the other one protrudes some. It is the same with both the wood and carbon panels, which tells me the body is where the blemish is. Not a huge con, but it was noticeable during every use. While I mentioned above that there are a ton of great material and color combos, all of them have this lame tortoise shell ring near the atomizer. This doesn’t match a damn thing and just looks out of place. A con for some might be its limited atomizer size compatibility. 24mm atomizers look right at home on top of this mod, but anything larger than that starts to look a bit off. 25mm won’t overhang the sides of the device but do start to protrude over the tapered portion near the 510. The last con is a minor one once you get vaping, but when going through different modes, you will find that this device asks about atomizer resistance just about every time a mode is changed. Once you are vaping on a certain mode it stops asking, but it is annoying when first setting up.

So, would I suggest this device to you? The easy answer is yes. It is one of the best mods I have used to date in terms of customization, overall experience, quality, and style. The cons I mentioned were all nitpicky, small items that I truly had to dig for. There are no major quality flaws and it feels like it is built to last. With Escribe, there is so much that can be done to fine tune the entire experience and the Evolv forum is full of themes, settings, profiles, and people willing to help you out with your DNA journey. This is a solid product from Lost Vape, and easily one of the best chips to hit the market (if not the best).

PROS

• Performance is second to none
  • Build quality overall is good
  • Style
  • Solid battery door
  • Some come with extra, interchangeable doors
  • Color Options
  • DNA 250c is a HUGE improvement over OG DNA 250
  • Price is coming down to being an absolute steal
  • Replay mode provides a simple, excellent vape experience

CONS

• My side panels didn’t sit right
  • Doesn’t fit over 24mm atomizers without overhang
  • Learning curve can be daunting, as it is a complicated chip
  • Escribe has a learning curve as well

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Sourcemore for sending it my way for review! If you want to pick one up for yourself, Sourcemore really does have one of the best prices online and carries the majority, if not all the color options available. It is selling for $116.60, no coupon code needed.

https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vap...-carbon-fiber-gun-metal-red-black-kevlar.html

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tons of great images.... But didn't see one of the screen....... And the paint on the body looks like it received damage, I wonder how she would look after 6 months to a year of use......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bomatttt

Member For 1 Year
What a nice mod. I really want it. Might end up buying one. I, myself, like the black Kevlar, which I just wanna say it’s carbon fiber, but I guess it Kevlar.

Sent from another galaxy

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No paint issues at all, but it does show fingerprints and fuzz pretty bad.
Tons of great images.... But didn't see one of the screen....... And the paint on the body looks like it received damage, I wonder how she would look after 6 months to a year of use......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors